Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does, including the enhanced key and auto open trunk features.
For iPhone only. Hands free trunk open coming to Android soon.
Update 2024.14.7 happening right now for my 2022 MSLR, release notes say ...
1000031595.jpg

It does, including the enhanced key and auto open trunk features.
What do we call this new/updated Bluetooth functionality?

Which functionally are you referring to specifically?
I thought I saw notes about the ability to pair two phones at once, and an improved Bluetooth chipset/revision that would allow for better performance when using the phone key. Even the '23 Model 3 is a bit temperamental about recognizing your phone when you walk up to the car.

I thought I saw notes about the ability to pair two phones at once, and an improve Bluetooth chipset/revision that would allow for better performance when using the phone key. Even the '23 Model 3 is a bit temperamental about recognizing your phone when you walk up to the car.
Pretty sure my car can pair two phones at once. S/X do have the UWB hardware that allows for the improved phone key like the Highland. It was only recently activated

I thought I saw notes about the ability to pair two phones at once, and an improved Bluetooth chipset/revision that would allow for better performance when using the phone key. Even the '23 Model 3 is a bit temperamental about recognizing your phone when you walk up to the car.
Maybe you are referring to UWB
Saw this with a Google search
1000031598.jpg

And thus in the release notes.
1000031600.jpg

Ultra-Wideband phone key and Hands-Free Trunk. These are enabled by UWB bluetooth.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 8.46.55 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 8.47.24 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: turns2stone
Ultra-Wideband phone key and Hands-Free Trunk. These are enabled by UWB bluetooth.
Very helpful thank you. Exactly what I was referring to. I keep itching to pull the trigger on a new S order so I'm going through my mental checklist of things that would push me over the edge.

One last question - I know the S got a slightly revised steering wheel to move the horn activation to the center/airbag, but has there been any update (or rumor?) that the turn signal buttons will get the mechanical action found on the new Model 3? I'm not here to gripe about no stalks, but if I'm moving to buttons, I can probably hang tight if they're going to be significantly different/better than the last time I test-drove the refreshed S. :)

Very helpful thank you. Exactly what I was referring to. I keep itching to pull the trigger on a new S order so I'm going through my mental checklist of things that would push me over the edge.

One last question - I know the S got a slightly revised steering wheel to move the horn activation to the center/airbag, but has there been any update (or rumor?) that the turn signal buttons will get the mechanical action found on the new Model 3? I'm not here to gripe about no stalks, but if I'm moving to buttons, I can probably hang tight if they're going to be significantly different/better than the last time I test-drove the refreshed S. :)
No rumors of such a thing happening.

Also for whatever it's worth, the model 3's buttons are also capacitive. They just have a bit of give to make a more convincing perception of hitting a physical button.

No rumors of such a thing happening.

Also for whatever it's worth, the model 3's buttons are also capacitive. They just have a bit of give to make a more convincing perception of hitting a physical button.
I thought the button turn signals was going to annoy the heck out of me but as a former/current bmw driver, I can honestly say it didn’t take long for me to learn to not use them. /s