Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May 15 I got my first delivery update for my MS LR white with 21" wheels and FSD of June 1-30. Ordered March 10. Today the delivery says only "August." What happened to July? I agree, I think they are just messing with us.
Until someone gets a VIN assigned it’s all mind games. Although seeing The video of model S in Fremont gives me hope they are getting close to starting deliveries of Atleast some cars in June

May 15 I got my first delivery update for my MS LR white with 21" wheels and FSD of June 1-30. Ordered March 10. Today the delivery says only "August." What happened to July? I agree, I think they are just messing with us.
Although it's too little, too late, but perhaps Tesla FINALLY realized it's better to "under-promise AND over-deliver" so they've set most estimated deliveries now to August while secretly anticipating many will be delivered in July (so they somehow look like heros after originally telling everone March after the refresh announcement). So now, they're finally pumping out production cars at a good clip, thinking they'll get most of the pre-refresh and VIP refresh MS delivered in June (end of QTR push) and then start many of our post-refresh announcement deliveries in July? We'll see but I wouldn't doubt if we see VINs being assigned (to many with a current August delivery) in June for July deliveries but again, all conjecture still at this point. Yes, the changing of the timeframes on everyone's Tesla accounts is crazy! o_O 🤪

Is anyone surprised that people who ordered in mid to late Feb - March getting August dates? It was shocking when all the pre refresh people didn't get June. Just think they screwed up the roll out, expectation is that all pre refresh should be filled first. All you people who have only been waiting since March need to chill. 😂
Except I ordered my MS Plaid 2/5/21 and my account went from March -> July -> June 1 - June 30 -> August. We'll see if my account changes again in the next few weeks but I have a feeling the next change will likely just be a VIN with a delivery window in July (maybe) or August (ugh...hope not).

Except I ordered my MS Plaid 2/5/21 and my account went from March -> July -> June 1 - June 30 -> August. We'll see if my account changes again in the next few weeks but I have a feeling the next change will likely just be a VIN with a delivery window in July (maybe) or August (ugh...hope not).

They saw your attitude on here! 🙃

What's a 3000Gt VR-4? Is that the old Mitsubishi thing from the 1990's? If so, you probably should've just kept that to yourself dude. I drove an e85 700HP/TQ GT-R Black ed
Most of us with GT-Rs usually don't start peacocking until after 1000HP, but you do you. I'm sure it feels super fast 😀

Anyway, I'm just waiting for my blue MS Plaid (June 1-30). Hopefully it's one of the ones in that video. New baby meant I'd need a 5-seater and killed my dreams of a Roadster (for now), but I think I'll survive with the S.

@omarsultan has requested they bring back “signature brown”. Talk about popular colors! :)
If I could bring any colors back, it would be Sig Red, the old (darker) blue and the green. I'd love my car in the old blue over white interior

My account still shows August and I fully expect that to remain like that until June.
The wonders of batching, it could happen--mine first S showed up a month early

I'm buying the carbon fiber spoiler for my peasant long range just because I think the backend needs something else to help make it pop.
Funny story posted on this site from way back when. An owner is supercharging and happened to be parked next to an Tesla engineer. The owner makes some quip about the cosmetic spoiler on the S. Turns out the engineer actually designed the spoiler and was a bit offended--said they spent time on the spoiler and it was fully functional and measurably improved aerodynamics and stability.

TX lawmakers were supposedly so much more friendly to Tesla
More friendly to him, said nothing about being more friendly to customers :)

For the amount of money for a plaid, really like the red/cream combo. Anything darker is just two uncomfortable in the desert.

Red/cream is the combo we have on our X. To each their own, but I really like it. The cream shade is more subtle in real life than in renders imho. Always wanted to give white interior a try though, so I went blue/white just for something different. I figure since I'll be lucky to get my car by Q3 '22 I'll have plenty of time to view the interiors in person and change if need be.

Most of us with GT-Rs usually don't start peacocking until after 1000HP, but you do you. I'm sure it feels super fast 😀

Anyway, I'm just waiting for my blue MS Plaid (June 1-30). Hopefully it's one of the ones in that video. New baby meant I'd need a 5-seater and killed my dreams of a Roadster (for now), but I think I'll survive with the S.
I had a GTR also great car but the Tesla is going to be crazy

Reactions: sflgator
Hope NOT!
To each his own but that thing is God awful ugly and only belongs on a racetrack.
Probably just showing my age here. 😁

Weird I ordered my plaid mid April and right now have a June 1-30 date

Wonder how much locations are effecting dates

• Informative
Reactions: sflgator