Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well pour one out for the Plaid+ it is no longer an orderable trim level on the website (greyed out).

TBH, I was kinda expecting this. It seems they are going to be be hard pressed to meet demand for the new cells with the CT, Semi and Y without throwing the Plaid+ into the mix.

1621578513778.png

Well pour one out for the Plaid+ it is no longer an orderable trim level on the website (greyed out).

TBH, I was kinda expecting this. It seems they are going to be be hard pressed to meet demand for the new cells with the CT, Semi and Y without throwing the Plaid+ into the mix.
I think they rather have people buying the LR and Plaid now than sitting on Plaid+ order

View attachment 664539
Oh no...I’m glad I used the proper year in my signature: 202X Model S Plaid+

I was honestly hoping for some miracle to have Plaid+ still be a Late 2021 or Early 2022 delivery for existing reservations, but it no longer being available on the website means we’re taking these delivery updates to the moon with another year (or longer!) of speculation for Plaid+ 💎🙌😪

New Plaid orders show June delivery, still showing August for my February Plaid order. Feels like a random date generator has been let loose causing havoc.
Interesting. In the Excel file from this thread, the ratio of LR to Plaid was pretty high. So, maybe they’re able to get through the Plaid backlog in their end of Q2 push and trying to maximize profits with additional deliveries of it?

Or, it’s a lie to coincide with the June 3rd date for building hype 😂

Heard my phone indicate a test message. Glanced down to catch a quick preview of said text.
"username BN114****"
My heart skipped a beat for a second then I said "BN" that is not my Tesla. What are the odds I have another online account that would be so close?

The gods were playing with me on this day.

• Funny
Reactions: Drew-MS
Interesting. In the Excel file from this thread, the ratio of LR to Plaid was pretty high. So, maybe they’re able to get through the Plaid backlog in their end of Q2 push and trying to maximize profits with additional deliveries of it?

Or, it’s a lie to coincide with the June 3rd date for building hype 😂

Thinking out loud but with all the LR made already, wouldn't they just deliver those as well? New production could be focused on Plaid but if they can make their stock deliverable, why would they sit on it?

I can see them pushing new production (May/June production) to plaid to boost $ sales. That is why the new order page shows June for Plaid and foreverness for new LR.

Did Gabe put out just one video this week or two?

Last edited:
Reactions: HumanInput
Maybe all the site problems yesterday had something to do with this :

View attachment 664563
I think the Tesla web site team just likes to do "testing in production". These random web site account page breakdowns seem to occur every several weeks. Yesterday was an especially bad one.

I mean come on, you can make a car that can drive itself, but you can't figure out how to build a staging area for testing web site changes before rolling them to production?

The referral area is indeed gone from my main account page now.

I really would not do one at all. I think they are vain and just draws unneeded attention.
Same here. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a complaint story about someone on the road that started with "ya know that car that has the XYZYZ vanity plate...?" It is like you are wearing a sign.

That said, I have a great idea for anyone who is looking for vanity plate options...how about OFFOIL?

Reactions: Lesran
2nd flyover video this week was released yesterday and will be available today to general public on youtube
Thinking out loud but with all the LR made already, wouldn't they just deliver those as well? New production could be focused on Plaid but if they can make their stock deliverable, why would they sit on it?

I can see them pushing new production (May/June production) to plaid to boost $ sales. That is why the new order page shows June for Plaid and foreverness for new LR.

Did Gabe put out just one video this week or two?

Reactions: Hayseed_MS