Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that I am into vanity plates but I like sfigators ICEBRKR. The best plate I have ever seen on a car was 25 years ago, I was selling a guy a car, and the plate on his vehicle was YY4U I had to have the guy tell me after an hour what it meant. See if you can figure it out
I always like the calculator throwback of 58008

I kinda want to change my interior to tan, and my wheels to arachnid, but fear of getting bumped to December has me keeping what I orderd.
Yup same here.. want to change from black to MSM but it’s too risky at this stage. Happy to stay with 19s and get aftermarket 20s.

Edit: I emailed my Tesla advisor yesterday inquiring about making the change.
She just replied: “I would NOT make a change if you are hoping for delivery ASAP. Let me know what you decide.”

Last edited:
For your PPF, do you do full car or partial? Never done it before, but thinking about it for this car.

MSM, LR, 1142, June 1 - June 30
I did whole car. Incremental cost is marginal. Some only do front and rear. Definitely need to do hood.

Regardless, ONLY do it with someone who has done it on Teslas before and can give you references. If they f it up, it looks like *sugar*. Think bad tint job but on your entire car…

Ordered a plaid MSM cream interior on May 8th. Within a day or two it shifted to June 1-30. My first electric car. I’m excited given the incredible straight line performance. My only question is whether the car will corner and handle like I’m hoping it will. Currently own a BMW M5 and a Lamborghini Hurucan Performante which are incredibly fun to drive. If Tesla gets the handling right I may never go back to a gas driven car.

I did whole car. Incremental cost is marginal. Some only do front and rear. Definitely need to do hood.

Regardless, ONLY do it with someone who has done it on Teslas before and can give you references. If they f it up, it looks like *sugar*. Think bad tint job but on your entire car…
Thanks. I see you are in Maryland. I am in Northern VA and found this company: Tesla Modifications, Paint Protection, Vehicle Wraps, Ceramic Coating, Chrome Delete. Have you heard of them? Anyone you would recommend close to NOVA?

Reactions: Nappypapi
Well pour one out for the Plaid+ it is no longer an orderable trim level on the website (greyed out).

TBH, I was kinda expecting this. It seems they are going to be be hard pressed to meet demand for the new cells with the CT, Semi and Y without throwing the Plaid+ into the mix.

View attachment 664539
Still good for me...
1621605757988.png

New MS plaid orders showing est June delivery on Tesla website. That would be a dirty move to promise June delivery while removing plaid + then bait n switch
No, the dirty move would be delivering a Plaid in June to someone who orders TODAY, before delivering LR models to those of us who ordered before the refresh was announced, and got bait and switched into the new LR @ 10k more.

For your PPF, do you do full car or partial? Never done it before, but thinking about it for this car.

MSM, LR, 1142, June 1 - June 30

It can get really pricey if you do full ppf. Usually full front, rocker panels, rear bumper is all you really need. I personally like ceramic (Gyeon or similar) too since it makes the car very easy to wash but you can apply that yourself and save some $$.

It can get really pricey if you do full ppf. Usually full front, rocker panels, rear bumper is all you really need. I personally like ceramic (Gyeon or similar) too since it makes the car very easy to wash but you can apply that yourself and save some $$.
Agree, but ceramic doesn’t give the same protection as ppf. Do both. If you’re buying this car, protect it. Or don’t. To be honest, on my X, I took the “it’s a family car” approach and it’s been much easier to take care of. No PPF and yes, it has scratches, but we use it as we did our minivan and it’s been awesome and it’s held up quite well.

I will say the more you pay to protect it, the more anxious you’ll likely be about making sure it looks “photo shoot” ready all the time.

No matter what, just enjoy it. I have scratches on my X P90D - still goes 0-6 in 3.8 seconds.