Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, assuming everything comes together in the next couple of days (i.e. I get a VIN and it's attached to an actual car), how about 5 or 6pm PT on Friday for a Zoom call or would you prefer the weekend. I can do anything after noon PT, but figure folks need to work and stuff.
Works for me, retired, so any time is good.

Have you considered live stream on YT?

Imagine the views, and how jealous Bjorn and others will be...

Someone with a November 2020 order posted that the space for Estimated Delivery is blank. Anyone else who ordered October or November have a date or even the words Estimated Delivery?
I have also noticed for a couple hours when I log in, do not refresh I’m getting logged out in minutes. Anyone else?
October order. No date, is blank. I'm not sure dates mean anything.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Made it to June but finally broke. Ordered LR in Feb. It was a reach for us money wise, but we refinanced the house to get my wife her forever car. Nursed her Camry hybrid along, got the Tesla wall charger installed. Tried to hang in. Hyped myself up into stretching for the Plaid as it became clear they were prioritized. Realized $25k more (subtracting FSD) was not an option IRL. Saw all the LR models in the flyover parked, dust covered...one even had the door open. We are in our 50's and even the LR was hard to justify. Really not used to the Tesla sales method and seeing all the cars sitting there gathering dust pushed me over an edge. Good luck to you guys with more youth and more money or maybe we are just not Tesla people. I'll watch the who as an observer and you guys will all move up in the line on our cancelled order (1144..) Put $400 into the Camry for a new battery and pushing 175,000 miles!
Yes this Model S journey has been a wild ride for all of us. I bought my wife a Model 3 two years ago, best car we have ever bought. If you really can’t afford a Model S then you are making a wise decision. But I would not say that you are not Tesla people. I would suggest that you hang on to your Camry til December then make your move. By the end of the year, the availability of all Tesla model will be more plentiful. Then if you can’t justify buying a Model S, you might consider a Model Y or Model 3. By waiting, you will have a new 2022 Tesla. The company does not communicate worth *sugar* but they do make great cars.

So, assuming everything comes together in the next couple of days (i.e. I get a VIN and it's attached to an actual car), how about 5 or 6pm PT on Friday for a Zoom call or would you prefer the weekend. I can do anything after noon PT, but figure folks need to work and stuff.
Im in just let me know the link!

Anytime that is best to give us a top to bottom and side to side review

I wish they wouldn't wash the dark cars. You can bet they will not do a two bucket method or foam cannon.

Imagine the swirls. Get a paint correction appt before they all get booked up...
Glad someone finally called this out. In the flyover video I was gasping every second. I even saw a black one with bird poop all over the car, baking in the sun. That clear coat is going to be etched for sure.

I'm excited to get my S, but not excited to get the first few batches that have been baking in the sun covered in dirt and washed by a summer intern who will use the same wash mitt he dropped on the ground a thousand times.

Glad someone finally called this out. In the flyover video I was gasping every second. I even saw a black one with bird poop all over the car, baking in the sun. That clear coat is going to be etched for sure.

I'm excited to get my S, but not excited to get the first few batches that have been baking in the sun covered in dirt and washed by a summer intern who will use the same wash mitt he dropped on the ground a thousand times.
I have a Sep/Oct delivery which is painful to wait on but I keep telling myself they will work out some likely kinds and quality issues the first 100 days…. That is Tesla’s way.

I'm triggered by your post, and I don't even have a car on order!

PPF will cover all, and you can choose a climate friendly color like....white

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
I feel like I'm just adding onto the pile of double orders.. just ordered a LR-S just incase the model X really doesn't get produced until Jan.
I would have liked the X for the extra seats, but it's cheaper, has better range and is faster.

I have a gut feeling that S orders will explode once reviews come out... will take any 2.. :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 6.47.22 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JustSaying
Host from a mobile device, so we can sample the 0-60mph also.

Hey - @omarsultan you've got a Google sheet full of questions to ask you right? Mind resharing the link? Need to make sure the tilting screen is on there. 😊
Had it at my fingertips. Here you go.

Honestly, I appreciate the offer, and I'm sure others will appreciate the face-to-face dialog, but I have full trust in you. Please just post pics, provide a review and your insights. You already know what questions people have and I know you will do your best to respond as soon as possible.

Yes we both ordered in Oct 2020, you have arachnids and I have 19's. Both FSD. Both black interior. Both RN1141. Same delivery point. This will be interesting. Although after seeing darker wheel covers for 19's, I'm hoping i'm in that batch if it doesn't take too much longer.
To add. I fall under the same situation. LA ordered in Oct MSLR/MSM/arachnid/FSD. Delivery is June. RN1141.

Reactions: brunla