Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, as one of the proxies tonight for our little support group, here is what I am thinking:
  • Per an earlier promise, I'll do a Zoom call tomorrow, 5pm PT. Send me a DM and I will send you the Zoom link. There is a 100 person limit on bridges, so don't dawdle. Unlike certain car companies we know, I'll be handing out the links FIFO. If there is enough overflow, I'll set-up a second call for folks, so don't stress too much
  • Uploading pics here (TMC) is a bit of a PIA. I'll post some pics here, but I'll upload everything I take today and tomorrow to a SmugMug library: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan - if you want to download a pic, the password is "monkey" if you do something with a pic, attribution would be nice
  • My commitment is to get the question spreadsheet filled out tonight, coz lord know I am not going to be sleeping :)
  • If you want, you can follow me on Twitter at @omarsultan (yeah, I am creative with my usernames) and I'll likely post some stuff there
Hi, I have been reading the forum for a while now, only signed up here now but I definitely would like the zoom call invite. how do I DM you or can you just send me one because I am a "new account" so maybe I can't start DMs, thanks.

Reactions: HumanInput
I know the purpose of tonight's event is to show off the Plaid. I'm just worried that for me the result is going to be that I will feel sad because I am only ordering an LR.
Don't be sad. 3.1 seconds with rollout is nothing to scoff at. You'll be faster than just about anything on the road, and you'll have the same luxury of the plaid, minus some stitching colors and a few less holes in the seat.

I know the purpose of tonight's event is to show off the Plaid. I'm just worried that for me the result is going to be that I will feel sad because I am only ordering an LR.

There are two purposes for tonight:
1) Show off the Plaid
2) Make us LR holders sad (and even frustrated)

So do not feel bad if you do feel sad - you have accomplished Tesla's objective.

We’d have to see his mustache to determine that?

I got this off his facebook page:
1623353052348.png

So I called the Del Amo Tesla store in Torrance, CA to ask a specific question: since red MS' appear to be manufactured minimally, would switching to MSM put me in back of the line. The random SA (male) who answered the phone very cavalierly told me that it doesn't matter what color I choose, I'm not getting my car until end of Q3 or October. I pointed out that that's the estimated delivery date for orders placed today and he said it doesn't matter when the LR order was placed - today or last year - I'm getting my car September or October. I get that these SAs have PTSD from responding to the extremely unhappy LR purchasers with zip information about their orders but I think that SAs, regardless, should be sensitive to the fact that there are people who've been waiting for more than six months now for their cars and have been wholly ignored by Tesla.

So I called the Del Amo Tesla store in Torrance, CA to ask a specific question: since red MS' appear to be manufactured minimally, would switching to MSM put me in back of the line. The random SA (male) who answered the phone very cavalierly told me that it doesn't matter what color I choose, I'm not getting my car until end of Q3 or October. I pointed out that that's the estimated delivery date for orders placed today and he said it doesn't matter when the LR order was placed - today or last year - I'm getting my car September or October. I get that these SAs have PTSD from responding to the extremely unhappy LR purchasers with zip information about their orders but I think that SAs, regardless, should be sensitive to the fact that there are people who've been waiting for more than six months now for their cars and have been wholly ignored by Tesla.
As long as the cars are rare and the customers are plentiful, they will not care.

Don't be sad. 3.1 seconds with rollout is nothing to scoff at. You'll be faster than just about anything on the road, and you'll have the same luxury of the plaid, minus some stitching colors and a few less holes in the seat.
Yeah @AnselmDante - I hope the LR is faster than the speed Tesla is taking to get them to us. A '68 VW Bug is faster.

A couple of things:
  • I started send links out--be patient (I know, ironic), TMC rate limited how fast I can send out messages
  • To send me a DM,click on my username on the left side of the post (under the moose) then select "start conversation"
  • I slipped the start of the Zoom by 30min to 5:30

Thanks. When will you be bringing the vehicle around for each of us to see and drive?

Being new to Tesla, asking is your September date due to being in CA and that seems to be delivery month in CA or is that going to be the nationwide rollout?

This is who Elon is having to speak at the LR delivery event
1623354188218.png

Reactions: HumanInput