Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Clubhouse Update. Range for both super understated. LR possible 40+ more
Super fast charging 0-100% 25 min
Battery tech still unknown
LR also supposedly did 0-60 2.8
Plaid 1.84
Take this as a grain of salt still
Whatever happened to the range being increased on LR and Plaid? Not a mention was made at the event and LR actually went down from 412 to 405 on the website?

Well just to **** with some of you, here are my esteemed predictions for tonight:

1. Model S (Plaid and not Plaid) are getting 4680s.
  2. LR Will get ~450 miles of range and Plaid will get 500 miles of range.
  3. They will unveil V4 supercharging along with the new batteries - 350kW, allowing the cars to charge from 0-50% in 10 minutes.
  4. New battery packs (whether 4680s or not) will charge with much better overall bands with less trailing off.
  5. They will unveil an all new Tesla App store like feature - for both games and future apps from developers much like a phone/tablet.
  6. They will unveil a new product that Elon will say "yeah - this is coming mid next year" but it will actually be 2023 or 2024.

At least 4/6 predictions will be correct.
Has anyone confirmed 2170 or 18650?

Wow, you guys did good while I was gone!

Before I wade through 44 pages, I did update the questions and upload some pics--more pics tomorrow in the daylight

Last edited:
Read through the 40 pages I missed. It's late, but here are a few quick thoughts:
  • Looking at the car holistically and qualitatively, it is really well put together. If you ignore the presence or absence of specific features and take in the car as a whole, its pretty awesome--I really enjoyed the 2 hour drive
  • I'd urge you to not cancel your order until you get your hands on one. If you live in NorCal, I'll happily meet you somewhere
  • A lot of the goodness of the car is fundamental to the car, so no way should you look at the LR as some lesser version--its faster, that is all
  • I'd also caution against comparing one company's (mostly) shipping product to someone else's futures. Everything looks good in PowerPoint

• Elon was really pumped when he got out of the car on-stage. No sure how well that came across on the live stream, but it seemed a very triumphant moment and it was moving
  • It seems like he saw the rest of the slides for the first time while he was on the stage--kinda par for the course--he's better speaking that presenting
  • Something cool and important. There were a lot of Tesla folks there that worked on various aspects of the car (aerodynamics, electrical, interior). Everyone was super thankful to the folks picking up cars (we had different color badges). I know folks here feel Tesla is sometimes apathetic and that is understandable, but the folks I chatted with this evening were thankful for our business
  • More than one person told me more deliveries are happening this month and next before the ramp Elon referenced in his talk. No one had specific info LRs (good or bad)

• The car is a blast to drive--good chassis dynamics and very poised--it has lots of power but did not surprise me in unexpected ways
  • Plaid is just ridiculous. I punched it just once and I think I tweaked something in my back :)
  • Interior is nicely done. Still the Tesla aesthetic, but quality materials, pleasing to the touch, nice clean lines, lots of little details like stitching and piping on the seats
  • I like the horizontal display--feels like it shows much more info. UI seems a bit kludgy--think we'll need to wait until v11 to see something optimized for the new set-up
  • Yoke steering was not bad. I only had one instance where I went to grab a non-existent wheel. I could see adapting to this pretty quickly.
  • Yoke had a oval cross-section--typical width, but deep--it is comfortable to hold
  • If there is a variable ratio, it is pretty subtle--did not notice a wide variance in wheel behavior, but then most of my driving was on a freeway
  • I'll take some video tomorrow of going for a drive on surface streets and in a parking lot, so folks can see what it was like--we got our cars after it got dark, so not much to really record
  • Kinda "meh" about the stalkless thing. Right now I am catagorizing it as different, but not better. The turn signals were OK--I was hating them when I first got int he car (40 years of muscle memory), but was getting use to them by the time I got home
  • Ambivalent about the manual shift controls--work fine, easy to understand and non-intrusive--I posted pics of the UI in SmugMug
  • Given it was dark, I was unfamiliar wiht the controls and did not know the roads, I was not brave enough to turn on auto-shift--a goal for tomrrow
  • Rear seat is a definite improvement over all prior Model Ses

• Ambient lighting is pretty basic--LEDs in the bottom of the door pocket uplight the bottoms of the doors--nothing fancy like the EQS
  • That is really the only negative-ish impression so far
  • Things I miss from my P85: pano roof, yacht floor, real door releases

I'll post more pics tomorrow when the sun comes up: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan

• On-board charger is 48A
  • You get 2 key fobs, 2 key cars, plus the phone keys

wa
Anyone doubting Tesla and the vehicle should really look at Lucid. I'm telling you...that EV is going to crush it! BUT, it's all new from an all-new EV manufacturer, so personally, I would rather wait 2-3+ years to see how they do and how well their EVs are received, etc. So, for now, Tesla does have the performance, range, and technology but geez, their company and the management and pretty much everything they do business-wise is completely embarrassing!
Like i said..based on what ive seen so far this will be first and last, hopefully by timen fame needs new vehichle lucid or rivian will be even more competitive from pricing and feature marks... They definitely are already beating tesla at the communication/marketing of a new vehicle

Reactions: sflgator
Read through the 40 pages I missed. It's late, but here are a few quick thoughts:
  • Looking at the car holistically and qualitatively, it is really well put together. If you ignore the presence or absence of specific features and take in the car as a whole, its pretty awesome--I really enjoyed the 2 hour drive
  • I'd urge you to not cancel your order until you get your hands on one. If you live in NorCal, I'll happily meet you somewhere
  • A lot of the goodness of the car is fundamental to the car, so no way should you look at the LR as some lesser version--its faster, that is all
  • I'd also caution against comparing one company's (mostly) shipping product to someone else's futures. Everything looks good in PowerPoint

• Elon was really pumped when he got out of the car on-stage. No sure how well that came across on the live stream, but it seemed a very triumphant moment and it was moving
  • It seems like he saw the rest of the slides for the first time while he was on the stage--kinda par for the course--he's better speaking that presenting
  • Something cool and important. There were a lot of Tesla folks there that worked on various aspects of the car (aerodynamics, electrical, interior). Everyone was super thankful to the folks picking up cars (we had different color badges). I know folks here feel Tesla is sometimes apathetic and that is understandable, but the folks I chatted with this evening were thankful for our business
  • More than one person told me more deliveries are happening this month and next before the ramp Elon referenced in his talk. No one had specific info LRs (good or bad)

• The car is a blast to drive--good chassis dynamics and very poised--it has lots of power but did not surprise me in unexpected ways
  • Plaid is just ridiculous. I punched it just once and I think I tweaked something in my back :)
  • Interior is nicely done. Still the Tesla aesthetic, but quality materials, pleasing to the touch, nice clean lines, lots of little details like stitching and piping on the seats
  • I like the horizontal display--feels like it shows much more info. UI seems a bit kludgy--think we'll need to wait until v11 to see something optimized for the new set-up
  • Yoke steering was not bad. I only had one instance where I went to grab a non-existent wheel. I could see adapting to this pretty quickly.
  • Yoke had a oval cross-section--typical width, but deep--it is comfortable to hold
  • If there is a variable ratio, it is pretty subtle--did not notice a wide variance in wheel behavior, but then most of my driving was on a freeway
  • I'll take some video tomorrow of going for a drive on surface streets and in a parking lot, so folks can see what it was like--we got our cars after it got dark, so not much to really record
  • Kinda "meh" about the stalkless thing. Right now I am catagorizing it as different, but not better. The turn signals were OK--I was hating them when I first got int he car (40 years of muscle memory), but was getting use to them by the time I got home
  • Ambivalent about the manual shift controls--work fine, easy to understand and non-intrusive--I posted pics of the UI in SmugMug
  • Given it was dark, I was unfamiliar wiht the controls and did not know the roads, I was not brave enough to turn on auto-shift--a goal for tomrrow

• Ambient lighting is pretty basic--LEDs in the bottom of the door pocket uplight the bottoms of the doors--nothing fancy like the EQS

I'll post more pics tomorrow when the sun comes up: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan

For the gear shifter it also looks like there is manual controls under the phone charger next to the hazard lights that you can use in certain conditions.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 11.26.15.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 11.26.15.png
    890.9 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: AlKreischer
d through the 40 pages I missed. It's late, but here are a few quick thoughts:

Thank you so much, Omar. That was a lot to sit down and write after a long evening/drive. You are very much appreciated.

thanks as well to Ohmster for his pics!

you guys are great.

For the gear shifter it also looks like there is manual controls under the phone charger next to the hazard lights that you can use in certain conditions.
He responded in his spreadsheet that this doesn't exist. I'm thinking it was likely something they were going to do, maybe even installed it in a test mule or two, but then decided it was redundant and unnecessary.

He responded in his spreadsheet that this doesn't exist. I'm thinking it was likely something they were going to do, maybe even installed it in a test mule or two, but then decided it was redundant and unnecessary.
It's in the Owner's Manual--it's only displayed when needed, not all the time.