Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Launch Mode (i.e cheetah stance) is only available in Dragstrip Mode, and Dragstrip mode is only available once Plaid Mode is selected. On the street, the Plaid will most likely get a 3-4 second 0-60 in Chill Mode; a 2.6-2.8 second 0-60 in Sport Mode; a 2.3-2.4 second 0-60 in Plaid Mode w/o Launch Mode; and a 2.1-2.2 second 0-60 in Plaid Mode, w/ Dragstrip Mode enabled, and the Cheetah Stance engaged on the street. <2.0 seconds will definitely be possible only at a Dragstrip.
I doubt that chill will be anything quicker than 7s, otherwise it wouldn’t be chill.

Cardinal Rule for leasing cars: NEVER, EVER, NEVER put money down on a lease vehicle! Whatever you put down is lost if you total the car. You don’t get it back. (Unless you total it at the end of the lease). Gap doesn’t protect you, it only pays off the car for the bank.

Google it...don’t take my word for it.

... and if it makes you feel better, I can pay cash for the car but it makes no financial sense. Let your money work for you, my friend. (Passive Income)
I know this to be true as well. If you total the car, any money you put down is bye-bye. If you want to buy the car out at the end of the lease, most manufacturers sell it to you at market value at the end of the lease versus residual. So if they underestimated residual, guess what….but check you leasing agreement/contract.

I have always leased, but financing this one as rates are super cheap and I can make more of a return with my money elsewhere.

I need to reiterate for those of us that are considering leasing. Do NOT put money down on the car. You lose it if the car gets totaled. You also do not save money off the money factor (interest rate). This is calculated over the full term no matter what you put down, so you don’t save a penny. Some banks allow you to reduce the money factor by putting down Multiple Security Deposits. You pay for these up front and the bank lowers the money factor (interest rate). At the end of the lease, the bank refunds your MSD’s. This still makes little sense with lending rates being so low right now. Invest those MSD’s in the market.

Where is this and can I take my Plaid that is suppose to be delivered this month there?? 😜

Getting a Draggy is a good purchase in that it is also a good tool to provide diagnostic feedback to make sure the car is running properly. In cars I had in the past I would do occasional performance measures and actually found underlying issues that were otherwise undetectable. I will order one once I get my VIN number. 😁

Last edited:
Got my VIN!!!
SW Florida MS LR Blue/Cream 19" Wheels
Ordered Oct 2020. Never really had delivery date, except for 1 week about 6 weeks ago, then it disappeared

Your Model S​

RN1141xxxx

VIN 5YJSA1xxxxxxxxx

View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: June 20 - June 26​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

I'll tell you what--if we get deep into July and there still are no cars in SoCal, I'll make a roadtrip that way--after 14+ months of being locked up and 5 months with no car, I have an itch to stretch my legs. South is as good as any direction.
Wait a minute…. It’s much nicer up here a bit west of Portland OR. Weather is clear and cool, the rain has stopped for the summer. there are a bunch of new V3 superchargers along I-5(one is three miles from my house) and I can get you into the Nike Employee Store 🥺

Got my VIN!!!
Ordered Oct 2020. Never really had delivery date, except for 1 week about 6 weeks ago, then it disappeared

Your Model S​

RN1141xxxx

VIN 5YJSA1xxxxxxxxx

View Design Details

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.
Awesome and in Florida even! You must be getting on from the lots we’ve seen in flyovers so it will be interesting to hear your review, take on quality, if ya get those silver tempest wheels we saw on those before the change, etc.

Yes and you gave us all hope - but we are reliant on production picking up pace.

Got my VIN!!!

Your Model S​

RN1141xxxx

VIN 5YJSA1xxxxxxxxx

View Design Details

CONGRATS!!! Please keep us posted on delivery. Omar has set the bar pretty high, but would be great to have an LR owner in the community.

Wait a minute…. It’s much nicer up here a bit west of Portland OR. Weather is clear and cool, the rain has stopped for the summer. there are a bunch of new V3 superchargers along I-5(one is three miles from my house) and I can get you into the Nike Employee Store 🥺

Dry desert air will have reduced drag, lol