Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN!!!
SW Florida MS LR Blue/Cream 19" Wheels
Ordered Oct 2020. Never really had delivery date, except for 1 week about 6 weeks ago, then it disappeared

Your Model S​

RN1141xxxx

VIN 5YJSA1xxxxxxxxx

View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: June 20 - June 26​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.
Congrats. I’m jealous, but you ordered well before I did and deserve it. Keep those VIN’s coming.

Omar, I know many have said this but let me add my voice to the chorus. You have been so patient and gracious with all of us. Thank you.

I think all of us should chip in $20 to send Omar to the best restaurant in his area. Who’s in and how do we do it?
I updated my signature to shout out his website, seems like a small way to give back :)

Omar, I know many have said this but let me add my voice to the chorus. You have been so patient and gracious with all of us. Thank you.

I think all of us should chip in $20 to send Omar to the best restaurant in his area. Who’s in and how do we do it?
I'm in! Maybe Venmo?

@omarsultan you've been amazing! If it was me, I'd probably be busy driving the car than reading and answering our questions! THANK YOU again!!

Where do you see that? I still see same it has been, wood and black interior June, but white or CF August.
Can’t believe they still haven’t changed it all to august to be honest with you. Highly doubt if you order a car right now with wood and black interior it’s coming in 2 weeks…
When I placed my 2nd order (MSM/black w ebony,) the site showed June. My account is currently blank which is quite strange since the site still has June for new orders. In the 3rd week of June now, and the reality is clear; zero chance of June delivery for brand new orders.
The issue isn’t the wait. It’s for those of us who ordered in feb March when they said they would deliver, then April, then May. It’s the constant moving of the finish line that is at issue.

This issue was interesting 1500 pages ago.
In April prior to the earnings conf call, it seemed like deliveries were going to start in August (or later.) I’m just happy deliveries are underway and a few members have received VINs in the past few days.
At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking LR would never get a VIN assigned
But then I saw @dfinn1 post his long wait was gone
And I grew strong! 🥳🎶
lmao very clever

Got my VIN!!!
Ordered Oct 2020. Never really had delivery date, except for 1 week about 6 weeks ago, then it disappeared

Your Model S​

RN1141xxxx

VIN 5YJSA1xxxxxxxxx

View Design Details

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.
Great to see Tesla doing the right thing. An October LR order should be satisfied before a May or June Plaid order. 🥂 👍

I need to reiterate for those of us that are considering leasing. Do NOT put money down on the car. You lose it if the car gets totaled. You also do not save money off the money factor (interest rate). This is calculated over the full term no matter what you put down, so you don’t save a penny. Some banks allow you to reduce the money factor by putting down Multiple Security Deposits. You pay for these up front and the bank lowers the money factor (interest rate). At the end of the lease, the bank refunds your MSD’s. This still makes little sense with lending rates being so low right now. Invest those MSD’s in the market.
Care to elaborate more on MSD and losing the down payment if the car totalled? Isn't that what GAP insurance is there for, so if the car gets totalled you get reimbursed full amount of the loan or at least that's what I thought. Can you explain more? Does this apply to lease only or does it apply to loan too? Thank you

Thank you, I appreciate it, but nothing is necessary, just happy to give back to our community. :)

I wonder if, by seeing an LR VIN, that means there are no more Plaid orders on the East Coast that aren't missing components. With only two Plaid orders from the East Coast, in this thread, receiving VINs before our first LR VIN, that doesn't bode well for Plaid order volumes, despite all the hype 🤔 Maybe they should increase the Plaid price another $10K and see if that helps 😂
Yes. Plaid/red/cream/CF. Ordered 5/27. Had june but been blank for 10 days.
Several people that have received VINS lately, had no delivery date (were blank) and then received a VIN out of nowhere. So there’s still hope lol 🥺

Got my VIN!!!

Your Model S​

RN1141xxxx

VIN 5YJSA1xxxxxxxxx

View Design Details

I also have an Lr ordered in December. You have me feeling optimistic that early preorders might get some priority.

Congratulations. Good for you.
I am a little Envious. Hoping for July for my dec 15th order 1142

I know it’s not necessary. That’s obvious from your posts. But I think we all want some tangible way to express our appreciation. I may not be able to figure out how to do it but some smart guy or gal on here will.
If folks are so motivated, I'd prefer a donation to a cause--I am a big fan of animal shelters and veteran's support, but again, please do not feel any obligation. :)

Got my VIN!!!

Your Model S​

RN1141xxxx

VIN 5YJSA1xxxxxxxxx

View Design Details

Wait, no FSD or 21" wheels?? Well, there goes that theory! 🤣 But hey, what do I know.