Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Were you blank before?
Yes.. I was blank for several weeks. Changed to June 22-28 this morning. I then had a VIN assigned in my account when I checked a few hours later. And I hate to say this for all the people struggling not to check their accounts.. But I still haven't gotten the emails from Tesla. So the online account info obviously does update at least some time before the email notifications go out.

Oh, he reads the reviews…

Unlike some of you, I read both the good and the bad.

So far:

- Car feels insanely fast (OK - cool, I drive in chill mode, not applicable to me)
- I could rag on the Plaid and its performance, but Im not getting one and dont care, but wish Tesla spent more time on *sugar* other than 0-60 and QTR mile.
- Interior is a definite upgrade (big plus)
- Overall the cabin is quieter (big plus)
- Yoke is a gimmick and provides no real value (lame)
- Seems to be tons of things coming later/not activated, including BOTH my tilting screen AND ANC.
- Build quality is meh still. Paint sucks, gaskets are weird, door trim is misaligned.
- Taillights look like *sugar*.
- No idea what the real world range is.

So, yeah - I mean, hard to make a decision with that.

Last edited:
I've been mostly silently reading most pages this thread and have a couple of observations.

1: The LR will not in anyway perform close to the plaid version on the street or any other scenario. Not in feel, not in numbers, not at all. It's a completely different animal. That's fine It's 50k less. I know some people want to believe they're not really missing out on anything with their 80k purchase, but 600hp vs 1000 plus is a night and day difference so get over it.

2: I can't believe people are complaining about the plaid numbers after motortrends article. Every car that's this fast struggles with traction on street tires. This one actually does much better than all the others. Try doing what this does on the street with a dodge demon all you'll get is wheel spin.

It's the fastest car they've tested and it's a family sedan. All the numbers are as claimed apart from a trap speed 3 miles lower. This is insanely fast for a 130k vehicle that you can also haul your kids around.

3: if you want to wait fomo on missing some updates than go ahead. I don't need a running commentary on how you need updated floor mats before you buy the car. Either buy it for what it is now or wait, nobody cares if you keep your order or not.

I'm not trying to be mean, it's probably the cumulative of reading over a couple hundred pages. Carry on

What is the typical timeframe from getting VIN to delivery? Tesla here in Orlando never communicates anything so just trying to get an idea as I have plans upcoming. Got the VIN on Tuesday for reference. Thanks!
See my signature below. Though I’m 21 to 25 my SA said based on her experience the delivery day will be 25-27. Once offloaded from a rail at the issue is car carriers. Lot of carriers available 25. Not a lot of car carriers 27. She has been very up front and has never been shy about saying there no information and those forums are just a bunch of nuts! I added the second half of that myself. 😂

2: I can't believe people are complaining about the plaid numbers after motortrends article. Every car that's this fast struggles with traction on street tires. This one actually does much better than all the others. Try doing what this does on the street with a dodge demon all you'll get is wheel spin.

It's the fastest car they've tested and it's a family sedan. All the numbers are as claimed apart from a trap speed 3 miles lower. This is insanely fast for a 130k vehicle that you can also haul your kids around.

Here's the problem I have with your post/argument on this topic: Tesla, from the article, went full PITA and micromanaged Motortrend's initial runs because they were so concerned about the vehicle hitting the advertised numbers. To me, if you have to put down special chemicals to hit a 0-60 time that isn't on any public road anywhere, then your car is being a bit oversold. I get that this *sugar* is a dick measuring contest and shouldn't matter, but! It's a big marketing/advertising thing and therefore, I think it is A-OK to scrutinize Tesla.

BTW - someone from Motortrend just posted on reddit that, without rollout subtracted, the 0-60 of the Plaid was ~2.28s. Obviously insanely fast - but interesting if the LR can hit it in 2.8 seconds with rollout subtracted...

Last edited:
Did I miss something on the ANC? Are you upset just because the software hasn’t activated this feature yet? I saw some people speculating that this was a Plaid only feature. Is that the case?

There is no indication this is a plaid only feature. It is being advertised for both. I would be upset if it is a Plaid only feature.