Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No mystery, you're just in 19" wheel purgatory with those of us who chose to prioritize something so silly as 'efficiency'.
The range is nice to have up over 400, but the real reason I want 19s is that I beat up rims like no one else. And I live in Boston. Any questions?

It's like having a plane with some real power. You are no longer limited to left/right. Up/down is now a viable option for handling a situation...
I'm excited too, and I don't have a vin yet! Thirty years ago I have a Learjet 25D. One frigid but clear morning at 02:00 I took off from BKL (Cleveland, Ohio, but no longer exists) bound for BMI less than 400 miles away. On board were my copilot and me. We had little fuel, just enough to get to BMI plus minimum reserves. From BKL we were cleared direct BMI climb and maintain FL410 (there was no traffic at the time so I actually got my normal long range cruise altitude. From application of trottle to level off was 6 minutes and 27 seconds, which actually broke the record at the time. That airplane was quite exciting to fly, having been originally derived from a failed entrant to a Swiss fighter competition. They were very difficult to fly well but were spectacular fun for pilots NOT passengers.

Now the Plaid threatens to bring back that joy, but in a practical, safe, efficient package. I'll never come close to using the capabilities but I'll know I've finally surpassed that Learjet. The Lear was N800RF and it still is on the registry. That registration was allegedly RF for Real Fast. MY Tesla will continue with the registration of my previous Teslas GAUS 10K.

The range is nice to have up over 400, but the real reason I want 19s is that I beat up rims like no one else. And I live in Boston. Any questions?
I'll see your Boston and raise you 1 rural Illinois. A single pothole destroyed two of the 20" rims on my M3P, so same instinct here too. I actually put aftermarket 18" rims on that car to avoid dealing with pothole related flats, which happened more than once.

Soo for anyone that got the delivery and had 19 tempest...were the wheels the new darker hubcaps or the old version?

I really wish someone in tesla logistics could explain why they cant provide reliable estimates...
No one with 19" wheels and or white interior/exterior is getting their car this month. Only one LR order with 19" had a VIN and I think that one fell through the cracks too. Disappointing thing is if you had any of the darker colors, black interior and 21" wheels and you got a Plaid, chances are highly likely that you're getting your car in June. so ****ing pissed at this *sugar*.

No one with 19" wheels and or white interior/exterior is getting their car this month. Only one LR order with 19" had a VIN and I think that one fell through the cracks too. Disappointing thing is if you had any of the darker colors, black interior and 21" wheels and you got a Plaid, chances are highly likely that you're getting your car in June. so ****ing pissed at this *sugar*.
Tbh, I just wish that the person who called in early June and said they could probably get me into a Plaid "in a couple of weeks" (because I had a Plaid+ order), would have had enough info to steer me toward a configuration they were likely to ship. He is super nice and really did a good job answering my questions and texts, but it bugs me that somewhere within Tesla, there was awareness that cars with the 19" wheels or CF interior would be behind for <insert supplier/parts reason here>. If I had known, I'd have had the opportunity to order a more likely configuration, instead of sitting on no info and two blank order pages.

The good news is that my push notifications from Home Assistant + that script work properly, and even woke me up!
The bad news is that "5YJEpCDy2FSlhDHhZVo5N5RBAwe8qF" isn't a VIN, it was just part of a CSRF token.

C'est la vie. At least I can go about my normal workday knowing that sometime this year an accurate alert will probably come my way.
What script??

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Congratulations to all the VIN receivers.

I’m really feeling a batch of REDS made by the 30th.

Ordered Jan 15th. LR Red/Black 19’s. Been blank except 1 week where it said June
Remember back when there were enough new Model S's that they had them in the showroom? This was in December of 2018 at the Fashion Mall at Keystone at the Crossing in Indianapolis.
tesla_red.jpg

This is actually working out perfectly for me. As I've posted in the past, I never wanted to have one of the first refresh Ss off the line. Let 'em detect and correct some minor manufacturing issues and THEN build my car. I placed my order with the specific intention of letting there be a few months of cars that roll off the line before mine.

"Exactly as I planned it" (not even kidding.)

No delivery date.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Are there any non-rendered photos of the Model S (plaid or otherwise) with the standard 19" wheels? It seems like every photo has the 21" Arachnids -- and it seems like all the orders here have those too.

Seems like no md deliveries yet and if they are probably plaid. Wanted the range and was going to change the tires after purchase but giving the ratio of our state taxes vs # of pot holes not fixed, I figured it would be better for my blood pressure to get the 19's. might call today if a change to 21's would speed it along.. Couldn't imagine driving 21s in philly up 76, id imagine alot of the PA orders have 19s too