Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome! Just logged in and.... my LR with 19s still states October. I love all of you, but Id be lying if I said I wouldnt skip in line.

That being said, for those whom were here for Tesla's really low ball trade in for my 2021 Model 3 LR, Caravana came in 7k higher, Vroom 9k higher. Going to check Carmax (they want to see it first) when I get a VIN. 11k higher and its theres. LOL.

Apologies to thread highjack, but cant you post for sale on here? If so, can someone link to to where, how, etc? Thanks!

Bit the bullet an messaged sa who has changed multiple times and I rarely contact to say ill take 21s if can speed it up as my deadline gets closer and closer. Also told them if someone accidentally spilled paint or an angry PETA member came by lot and threw blood or red paint on the car I'd take it too.

Will update if theres different info but we all no how it will likely go.

Soo for anyone that got the delivery and had 19 tempest...were the wheels the new darker hubcaps or the old version?

I really wish someone in tesla logistics could explain why they cant provide reliable estimates...
Probably has to do with the various shortages. Also, the many new plaid orders after the cancellation of the plaid plus probably made delivery estimates worse.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Awesome! Just logged in and.... my LR with 19s still states October. I love all of you, but Id be lying if I said I wouldnt skip in line.

That being said, for those whom were here for Tesla's really low ball trade in for my 2021 Model 3 LR, Caravana came in 7k higher, Vroom 9k higher. Going to check Carmax (they want to see it first) when I get a VIN. 11k higher and its theres. LOL.

Apologies to thread highjack, but cant you post for sale on here? If so, can someone link to to where, how, etc? Thanks!
on the forum there are a number of places in "Marketplace"
1624454808558.png

Does anyone know if the Model S comes with wheel locks?
We have these from the Tesla Online Store (link below) installed on both our Teslas. (M3 & MS)
They’re completely stealth. Lug nut caps slip right over them. Impossible to tell which one is the lock nut without removing the covers.
2F41B016-ED22-4DA6-9D09-E922D9676815.jpeg

Last edited:

Go to the classified section. I sold my p100d in a few days. Better than dealing with idiots on Craigslist etc..

I just looked up plastidip. Wow. I don't know if I could trust 'spray painting' my tires! Have you done it?
Yeah, I used black plastidip over the silver wheels on my X. Plastidip is great because if you want to undo it, it peels right off as long as you do at least 3-4 good coats when applying it. Ymmv and it takes some time, but tbh I like that it is easily reversible.

Attachments

• IMG_2712.jpeg
    IMG_2712.jpeg
    647.4 KB · Views: 42
Bit the bullet an messaged sa who has changed multiple times and I rarely contact to say ill take 21s if can speed it up as my deadline gets closer and closer. Also told them if someone accidentally spilled paint or an angry PETA member came by lot and threw blood or red paint on the car I'd take it too.

Will update if theres different info but we all no how it will likely go.
Why would a PETA dude dis your car? No leather.

Do you guys know if credit decision stays pending Before The Vin assigns ? I currently have the July time frame no date.
I think it is more time dependent. I think it is good for 30 days and can be extended for another 30 days dependent upon the lender. I would reach out to the bank you received the terms from.

I'll see your Boston and raise you 1 rural Illinois. A single pothole destroyed two of the 20" rims on my M3P, so same instinct here too. I actually put aftermarket 18" rims on that car to avoid dealing with pothole related flats, which happened more than once.
I wonder how many of us did aftermarket 18" to stop the 20" road hazards? I did it after two failures.
Zero chance I'll accept 21" on my new S. I had 19" on my P85D and never had a problem.

I just looked up plastidip. Wow. I don't know if I could trust 'spray painting' my tires! Have you done it?
I actually wrote up these silly things on reddit a while back and continue to apply it so I don't have to care about bugs and random road grime. It peels off easily when you want to be done with it. (and to apply it to this forum discussion, I'm going to put a layer of it on my Plaid when I drive it from IL to CA right after delivery)