Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the best news I've heard about red plaids, thanks for the hopium.
Be sure to post pics when you get yours next week? 🤞
I guess one of the questions Plaid buyers are going to have to ponder is if the wood trim is going to reduce the value of their vehicle, for the lack of CF, or increase the value if and when Tesla rescinds the wood trim option.
I don't think it'll reduce the value nor increase the value of CF trims. It's most likely just a CF shortage at this point which is why they're pulling the wood trims from the LR's in order to sell more Plaids…
I had the same exact choice and did exactly as you. August will be here before you know it!
Good call on waiting. I think cf looks better with red also. If you've waited this long, it's worth it to spec it exactly how you want.
IMO, for this kind of money, get the car you really want--no point at looking at wood trim every day and regretting it.
Thanks guys, real great support team we have here. What is another 30-60 days at this point lol? All I ask for is to keep the great reviews and photos coming!

You are brave. I called and was ready to give up CF but not 19" wheels or red or cream. Did not work. I tried no wheels option, guy chuckled, but said no can do. Then I thought, wouldn't be nice to have that option: no wheels?
I decided to keep waiting till August/September or whatever. We'll see how long I will last. Any bets?
No switch to wood trim offer? I think the wood trim with cream interior would actually go well together.

BTW, I sold my 911 for this Plaid last week since used car prices were at an all time high. I'm not out of a vehicle so that's fine, but I sure could use a little vroom vroom right about now!

I am getting XPEL Prime XR Plus 35 on the back windows and hatch and 70 on the front driver and passenger windows. If you are new to tint and worry about these things, CA requires front windows to have 70% VLT (and your installer should give you a certificate that the front windows are complaint).
This is great info, do you do anything to front windshield or just the four passenger windows and the hatch? Thanks for your continued knowledge.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is great info, do you do anything to front windshield or just the four passenger windows and the hatch? Thanks for your continued knowledge.
Restriction in CA that you cannot fully tint the windshield--only a 4" strip across the top. That is not something I would do anyway--like to preserve forward visibility and invest in a good pair of sunglasses instead.

A lot has been said on the subject today, and I know some folks are feeling frustrated, so I just want to add few thoughts on my recent experience:

From the moment I ordered, they have been proactive about communicating with me, and I do sincerely appreciate that. The website is intuitive and it is pretty cool that you can order something like this directly from the manufacturer! I hate paying an unnecessary middleman when spending real money.

Some folks consider this whole thing to be just a frivolous and unnecessary purchase, but life is about having fun, at least some of the time. I obviously don't need to know my car can go 0-60 in x seconds for any practical purpose, it is about fun and enjoyment!

All in all, the experience was positive, and I'm excited to take delivery on Monday, June 28, at my house. Thanks for everything, Dragy Motorsports.

Last edited:
A lot has been said on the subject today, and I know some folks are feeling frustrated, so I just want to add few thoughts on my experience:

From the moment I ordered, they have been proactive about communicating with me, and I do sincerely appreciate that. The website is intuitive and it is pretty cool that you can order something like this directly from the manufacturer! I hate paying an unnecessary middleman when spending real money.

Some folks consider this whole thing to be just a frivolous and unnecessary purchase, but life is about having fun, at least some of the time. I obviously don't need to know my car can go 0-60 in x seconds for any practical purpose, it is about fun and enjoyment!

All in all, the experience was positive, and I'm excited to take delivery on Monday, June 28, at my house. Thanks for everything, Dragy Motorsports.

I know this is all speculation, but I bought the LR to replace my existing MS because of range and mileage on the current car. The question is whether changing the order to add the 21" wheels will make any difference since I also have white/black and do not want to change to cream? Any guesses or should I just wait? The current estimate is "August."

I know this is all speculation, but I bought the LR to replace my existing MS because of range and mileage on the current car. The question is whether changing the order to add the 21" wheels will make any difference since I also have white/black and do not want to change to cream? Any guesses or should I just wait? The current estimate is "August."
Probably worth waiting. My SA said some white were delivering. But it is not clear it benefits your order.

r
Restriction in CA that you cannot fully tint the windshield--only a 4" strip across the top. That is not something I would do anyway--like to preserve forward visibility and invest in a good pair of sunglasses instead.
I highly recommend the Llumar Air 80 for the windshield. It's pretty much clear and has all the ceramic heat rejection. I've run it on my cars for 10 years and have never had a problem in California.

Just one data point, but I had the opportunity to change my LR order to white/black/21” on Monday, as person with original order declined to take delivery. I declined, but that is a configuration that is being produced for June delivery.

Well, just got some bad news… Tesla just called me and thanked me for my March Plaid order. He then proceeded to ask if I wanted to switch to the wood trim in order to receive an earlier delivery, possibly within the next week. He said if I want to keep the CF trim I'll have to wait until AUGUST because that's when CF orders will begin. They're trying to fulfill the wood orders first and my account came up for review as one of those who could get a Plaid sooner rather than later. I pulled up the website to look at the wood trim and left him hanging for a few seconds, but held the line and said I'd wait for the CF because I rather get my Plaid the way I want it, especially for this kind of money. Nothing against the wood trim as I think it looks good, but I chose red specifically to go for a more sporty-aggressive look which I think CF would compliment more (I don't know)? Anyways, I'm super bummed now as I know I won't be getting it this month or next 😭 I was really looking forward to bringing my baby girl (due in July) home in this beautiful ride. Damn you Tesla!
Why do I get a feeling that we’re going to hear soon that CF is going to be removed as an option entirely and they’re just trying to get as many people to volunteer to switch as possible. This is smelling like the Plaid+ to Plaid requests.

Why do I get a feeling that we’re going to hear soon that CF is going to be removed as an option entirely and they’re just trying to get as many people to volunteer to switch as possible. This is smelling like the Plaid+ to Plaid requests.
That can not happen. If that happens i will cancel my order i know sounds harsh but thats just me. Source is telling me 2 weeks we should see some CF love :)

r

I highly recommend the Llumar Air 80 for the windshield. It's pretty much clear and has all the ceramic heat rejection. I've run it on my cars for 10 years and have never had a problem in California.
I can vouch for the quality and durability for the Llumar Air--I have used it on the prior cars on the front passenger windows. The only reason I am switching to XPEL is that it what my paint protection guy uses and it saves me another appointment.

Random question - so as I await the Plaid - I did a trade in offer on my 2020 Tahoe with low milage and I received what I think was a fair offer. But given the crazy shortages I could probably do better. If and when the monkey gives me the opportunity to pay, if I found a better sale price for the Tahoe, could I waive off the trade in or is it back of the line city?

Random question - so as I await the Plaid - I did a trade in offer on my 2020 Tahoe with low milage and I received what I think was a fair offer. But given the crazy shortages I could probably do better. If and when the monkey gives me the opportunity to pay, if I found a better sale price for the Tahoe, could I waive off the trade in or is it back of the line city?
Pretty certain you can waive it. Might cause some paperwork rework, but will not punt you to the end of the line. Tesla has also matched offers in the past, not sure if they still do.