Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMO, reviewers who only spend a couple of hours with the car will not like the yoke or stalkless--it takes a bit longer than than to get acclimated. It would be like asking someone to review a car with a manual transmission when they have never driven anything but an auto. On my case, two weeks in (700 mi), and it feels pretty normal now.
Does the new backseat have a ski hatch? (this must have been asked and answered a few times, but search gives too many results..)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
IMO, reviewers who only spend a couple of hours with the car will not like the yoke or stalkless--it takes a bit longer than than to get acclimated. It would be like asking someone to review a car with a manual transmission when they have never driven anything but an auto. On my case, two weeks in (700 mi), and it feels pretty normal now.
One of the biggest drags I have seen is that you have to hold the turn signal button for a short turn (e.g. change lanes). I really hope a software update will make that change from a single blinker to three (like other Tesla’s and manufactures). Or it’s software defined and the user can pick what they prefer.

Soo.. what does the seat back look like? Would it be a possible diy?
I've seen a model 3 and older S with ski hatches, so shouldn't be impossible.. I'm guessing center rear seat doesn't fold by itself like in model Y?
Not sure what a ski hatch for back seats are. But it’s 60/40 folding seats. The middle seat ‘does’ fold on its own, but does not expose the trunk. It becomes a console for the back seat.

also had no idea the Y’s middle seat folded by itself.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So, I sent my VIN to my insurance to get a card for pickup next week and the VIN gave back a "Plaid +" designation. Does someone have a current VIN decoder for 2021 Model S? Were you assigned a VIN based on whether you reserved a +? Does anyone have a VIN from a non + reservation? I'd like to compare,

I was pretty excited when I saw the yoke steering wheel, I'm short and every car I've ever driven in my life the top of the steering wheel interfered with my view of the driver's display, when the wheel and seat are adjusted to the best driving position for me. But I'm definitely less enthusiastic after seeing the videos of people driving with it, it makes me think ok there's a reason every car manufacturer for the last 100+ years of auto making has used a round steering wheel. Definitely not canceling my order over it, but I think I'll probably be attaching a spinner knob to the yoke. I was really hoping that Tesla would use variable ratio steering for the yoke, big mistake imo to put it off for a few years.
Not sure what video's you have seen but most of the ones I have seen, seems as though you get used to it in a few days. Some people like it, some people just accept it but all seem really happy with the increased visibility. In the event you hate it, I am sure you will be able to purchase an aftermarket round wheel.

This is crazy. Switched from canceled red Paid+ with refunded deposit received to a Plaid black exterior/interior with CF and 19", FSD Monday. Wednesday my account indicated I would get June delivery. Thursday delivery month removed. Between last night (Friday) and this morning June delivery was reinserted. I don't have a vin # yet and was totally comfortable waiting a month or two (as I was prepared to wait another year for the +). I don't know what to think now. This could disprove CF and 19" delay theory.

This is crazy. Switched from canceled red Paid+ with refunded deposit received to a Plaid black exterior/interior with CF and 19", FSD Monday. Wednesday my account indicated I would get June delivery. Thursday delivery month removed. Between last night (Friday) and this morning June delivery was reinserted. I don't have a vin # yet and was totally comfortable waiting a month or two (as I was prepared to wait another year for the +). I don't know what to think now. This could disprove CF and 19" delay theory.
If you take delivery, would love to see the 19” wheels.

Slow to a normal pace. This EoQ push is very impressive, but it won’t sustain and things will slow a lot in the coming weeks for non-Plaid orders would be my guess.
This forum needs another icon for negative feelings. For instance, this post makes me sad, but clicking disagree sounds like I think you are wrong. I want a sad face or "disappointing" or "heartbreaking"....something.

This forum needs another icon for negative feelings. For instance, this post makes me sad, but clicking disagree sounds like I think you are wrong. I want a sad face or "disappointing" or "heartbreaking"....something.
pepe_cry.png

I don't know..i don't know....i thought i had paintience to handle this process.. But seeing all the vin get sent out without to me makes me a tad bit salty "priority prerefresh" they said....smh

</endrant>
Paintience. Definitely an appropriate word for what it feels like waiting for the VIN's.