Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all these deliveries would be great to hear more user reviews on car and yoke, while I wait for my Model S. Respected WSJ reviewer did not like the Yoke at all and did not sound promising. Will be great to hear user reviews once the initial excitement wears off.

IMO, reviewers who only spend a couple of hours with the car will not like the yoke or stalkless--it takes a bit longer than than to get acclimated. It would be like asking someone to review a car with a manual transmission when they have never driven anything but an auto. On my case, two weeks in (700 mi), and it feels pretty normal now.

Seems like a LR wouldve been a better fit for these new owners? They seem pretty clueless on just how fast a plaid is.
Up to them really. Performance isn’t reserved solely for draggy enthusiasts. If they want the latest and greatest and are willing to learn on the go, all the power to them (literally and figuratively).

Thanks to the detectives on this forum. It appears it will be football season before I will get my car. Ordered white interior with 19” wheels. I have waited this long, I can wait until fall. I wish Tesla would just told me that in May. I would not have cancelled my order. But my last communication with my SA said that I was looking at an August/September delivery. Maybe I got lucky and got a good SA.

I will try to take the rest of the summer off from this forum. But I have said that several times only to return the next day. Good luck with your with deliveries. After looking at this forum since February, I got to know a lot of you. Going to miss most of you and a few not so much.

Who am I kidding, I will be back sooner than September. I need to see how @Hayseed_MS, @Tigers and my other friends deliveries turn out and how they like their cars

I’ve had my Plaid Black/Black/CF/21s reserved since the reveal back in September. Estimated delivery was “July” for awhile, then went blank several days ago, so I had hope.

Woke up this morning to….

“July” again. *Sigh*.

Just hoping to make those of you still waiting feel a bit better.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I know that Fidelity's 2-factor authentication is just not compatible with Plaid.
I think it makes sense that brokerage accounts don't want "easy" access to these 3rd party payers. I realized that just this morning and see that it's safer/peace of mind to just wire it. I did was several others suggested and just initiated a wire.

Charles Schwab. Since these wires are pretty big, wires are free since likely the brokerage fund is large enough to warrant free wires. Just wish wires were as quick as crypto transfers. Oh well.

The delivery date surprised me yesterday morning for tomorrow, so left me scrambling for available cash. But not realizing that I don't want plaid access to my accounts. If you do let plaid or log in through plaid, like others have said, change your passwords.

So likely since wire won't go through until monday, doubt I will get delivery tomorrow.

IMO, reviewers who only spend a couple of hours with the car will not like the yoke or stalkless--it takes a bit longer than than to get acclimated. It would be like asking someone to review a car with a manual transmission when they have never driven anything but an auto. On my case, two weeks in (700 mi), and it feels pretty normal now.
How much is the car signaling automatically, how much do you have to manually intervene, and how apparent is it when that's happening?

I'm borderline neurotic about signaling.

Charles Schwab. Since these wires are pretty big, wires are free since likely the brokerage fund is large enough to warrant free wires. Just wish wires were as quick as crypto transfers. Oh well.

Now that Plaid is owned by VISA we should see better integration soon. I paid my deposit in BTC and am sad I can't do the downpayment the same way due to Elon's hissy fit.

How much is the car signaling automatically, how much do you have to manually intervene, and how apparent is it when that's happening?

I'm borderline neurotic about signaling.

I think that only automatic signal is with NoA and FSD city beta which is very limited.

You can half depress the turn signal when in AS on local roads to auto lane change and will cancel the signal after 3 or 4 clicks.

I think the new yoke haptic press is yet another thing to get used to but also does a half signal AS auto lane change. Outside of those use cases, it doesn't automatically signal.

With all these deliveries would be great to hear more user reviews on car and yoke, while I wait for my Model S. Respected WSJ reviewer did not like the Yoke at all and did not sound promising. Will be great to hear user reviews once the initial excitement wears off.
I was pretty excited when I saw the yoke steering wheel, I'm short and every car I've ever driven in my life the top of the steering wheel interfered with my view of the driver's display, when the wheel and seat are adjusted to the best driving position for me. But I'm definitely less enthusiastic after seeing the videos of people driving with it, it makes me think ok there's a reason every car manufacturer for the last 100+ years of auto making has used a round steering wheel. Definitely not canceling my order over it, but I think I'll probably be attaching a spinner knob to the yoke. I was really hoping that Tesla would use variable ratio steering for the yoke, big mistake imo to put it off for a few years.