Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got notified that my 2021 Model S Long Range will be ready for pick up on June 30. Two days ago delivery was estimated for August so I was in no hurry to prepare for it. Now I need to sell my 2019 Model S with 16,500 miles quickly. Do you have suggestions on where to advertise it?
Really just depends on what kind of car buyer are you , do you wanna make sure you can squeeze every penny possible (which I am one of those types of buyers) in that case autotrader is my go to or do you just wanna get in your new Tesla as quick and smooth as possible and don’t really care about a couple $k up or down then I would use caravana or car max Tesla trade in

Reactions: RickAnstey
@Hayseed_MS, please see these posts I made a while ago: :)

Don't wanna downvote you. :)

How be we wait until someone smarter than both of us comes out with an actual power curve chart. Loser buys the other a steak?

Was at Tesla Chicago and this Plaid was just unloaded from the truck. One lucky guy in Chicago is taking this beast home😃

404CDEC3-73BB-4A36-8B22-CCE473692CD0.jpeg

Last edited:
Ever try Tidal?
I have--good stuff, but I could not justify having two music streaming services.

If you are using you phone, the issue is not the quality of the service (i.e. from Tidal to your phone), the weak link is the Bluetooth connection between your phone and the car--that audio stream will get compressed and you'll lose audio quality. Even if you had high-resolution radio files on your phone, they would still get compressed as they traverse Bluetooth.

If Tesla does offer a native client in the car, it can solve that issue, but there is a different concern. Since Tesla is paying for the bandwidth the car uses, they have an incentive to throttle down the bandwidth made available to apps like Slacker, Spotify and Tidal, so you still end up with compression and loss of quality, just in a different part of the listening chain.

All that being said, if you are rocking out to Taylor Swift while your are driving, you'll probably not notice, but if you want to do some critical listening, nothing beats audio files on a USB stick.

I have--good stuff, but I could not justify having two music streaming services.

If you are using you phone, the issue is not the quality of the service (i.e. from Tidal to your phone), the weak link is the Bluetooth connection between your phone and the car--that audio stream will get compressed and you'll lose audio quality. Even if you had high-resolution radio files on your phone, they would still get compressed as they traverse Bluetooth.

If Tesla does offer a native client in the car, it can solve that issue, but there is a different concern. Since Tesla is paying for the bandwidth the car uses, they have an incentive to throttle down the bandwidth made available to apps like Slacker, Spotify and Tidal, so you still end up with compression and loss of quality, just in a different part of the listening chain.

All that being said, if you are rocking out to Taylor Swift while your are driving, you'll probably not notice, but if you want to do some critical listening, nothing beats audio files on a USB stick.
Does the car not have the latest Bluetooth (5.0)? That has a bandwidth of up to 2 Mbps which is way more than enough for audiophile quality sound, assuming that your phone is also BT 5.0.

Omar - can you use the usb-c port from your iPhone? Like you would an iPod mp4 player ?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Does the car not have the latest Bluetooth (5.0)? That has a bandwidth of up to 2 Mbps which is way more than enough for audiophile quality sound, assuming that your phone is also BT 5.0.
🤷‍♂️ No idea what is in the car, but beyond the hardware, you also need compatible codecs implemented in software. Apple phones use AAC and most Android devices use some version of aptX. Worst case, the car just uses SBC, standard Bluetooth audio.