Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in love ... More photos and a review later. I am hopeful everyone starts getting VINs and deliveries soon!

Plaid BLK BLK Wood Arachnids - no FSD.

Yoke steering took me the drive home to get used to it (missed the top once out of the parking lot, that's it). It's not bad at all.

View attachment 678131
That Black with those 21’s looks outstanding.

Last edited:
Tesla uses their statutory obligation to collect State Sales Tax as leverage for you to accept a low ball trade in number.

Out of 6 purchases, I've only gotten them to do one courtesy trade so I would think they would not touch that with a ten foot pole.
However I plan to trade my P3D so I got Tesla, Carvana and CarMax quotes. Bizarrely Tesla offered the highest value by far. My three years with P3D end out costing me ~$8000 after considering the tax benefits on purchase. Now all I need is the Plaid. Unlike many I will never see anything like the capabilities, but I really like torque vectoring, superb handling etc. obviously I should be taking s LR, but I usually gravitate towards much more capabilities than I’ll ever use.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That is my problem, I love black cars, but hate having to keep one looking clean. Promised myself to never buy black.
After a lot of highway miles, I'll never buy a white Tesla again. The front clip of the X is black before it is painted, and is an enormous amount of surface area for rocks to smash into. On my white X, there are rock chips visible everywhere.

I'm not obsessive about this stuff, and I certainly don't try to keep cars perfect (mine aren't museum pieces, and never will be), but after swearing off black cars a decade ago, I went with black this time, because the front won't look nearly as bad as my X in a few years.

Before someone says, "You should get xpel...", or whatever, just be aware that I don't want to.

Does anybody in South Florida have VIN assigned? I feel so unloved, my SvC says none have arrived in Miami.
A post above shows some LRs and 1 Plaid that arrived in WPB but it’s probably for someone not on TMC; assuming it’s VIN was assigned to someone here. Btw - Brooks from DragTimes.com is supposed to get his Red Plaid (w/ black & carbon fiber interior) sometime soon; he said in the next few days but not sure since I also thought he said in his latest video that his car just left the Fremont factory so doesn’t that usually mean it should be delivered here to S FL in about 2-3 weeks?