Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is my problem, I love black cars, but hate having to keep one looking clean. Promised myself to never buy black.
I love black cars and my last 4 cars and LR are black. they are a PIA. I have made commitments to myself. Black cars need to be hand washed twice a week (more if living in the moththeast during spring pollen time). So that is what I do. Darker colors show dust and dirt quicker than light colors. If you buy black it requires more work to keep it looking great.
To me, it is worth it. A sparkling clean Black car just does it for me.

I have--good stuff, but I could not justify having two music streaming services.

If you are using you phone, the issue is not the quality of the service (i.e. from Tidal to your phone), the weak link is the Bluetooth connection between your phone and the car--that audio stream will get compressed and you'll lose audio quality. Even if you had high-resolution radio files on your phone, they would still get compressed as they traverse Bluetooth.

If Tesla does offer a native client in the car, it can solve that issue, but there is a different concern. Since Tesla is paying for the bandwidth the car uses, they have an incentive to throttle down the bandwidth made available to apps like Slacker, Spotify and Tidal, so you still end up with compression and loss of quality, just in a different part of the listening chain.

All that being said, if you are rocking out to Taylor Swift while your are driving, you'll probably not notice, but if you want to do some critical listening, nothing beats audio files on a USB stick.
Hmmmm.... I've been learning so much and getting so much entertainment value out of this board that I realized I can actually offer something, as small as they are.

I give away these custom-made 32G USB sticks to my clients, and had just restocked a buttload of them when COVID hit. Since then I've just been giving them away, because by the time I start doing any significant amount of live training, I'll want to up to at least 64G just to be in the least amount cool.

So the first ten people who PM me their mailing address, I'll send a free 4-pack of these things. They're eco-friendly, on a bamboo swivel and with a keychain attached. The keychain is serving less and less of a purpose in the universe, but it makes the darn things harder to lose.

Omar, you get a 4-pak automatically on general principles. Use 'em in your Teslas....

Was at Tesla Chicago and this Plaid was just unloaded from the truck. One lucky guy in Chicago is taking this beast home😃

View attachment 678260
I think white with arachnids for the new refreshed S is the nicest color combo. Those wheels and door handles just pop Really beautiful. Every time I have bought a white car I seem to get bored with it. But that is why they have color selections. This car looks beautiful

If the rotors aren’t wrapped in a carbon fiber they’re heavier and require more energy to turn. At higher speeds this will drain more battery and power hence lowering the curve.
THANK YOU! Someone gets it! :)👏
I expect it will lower curve but it still be able to sustain the curve it has.
Huh?🤨🧐

(Nothing personal, @Hayseed_MS)

Last edited:
I think white with arachnids for the new refreshed S is the nicest color combo. Those wheels and door handles just pop Really beautiful. Every time I have bought a white car I seem to get bored with it. But that is why they have color selections. This car looks beautiful
Agree, that pic seriously had me considering the Arachnids, I just hate the range hit you get with them.

Agree, that pic seriously had me considering the Arachnids, I just hate the range hit you get with them.
I would have gladly paid for a 19" upgrade similar to arachnids. That would have been my preference. I just didn't want to buy a new car and then deal with the hassle of buying aftermarket wheels. I honestly think Tesla intentionally did not want the standard 19" wheels to look great just so people would upgrade..
It might just be me but the Tempest wheels are a turn off. I am paying almost 100K for a car. want to be thrilled every time I walk into garage

Just checked my status....I HAVE A VIN! I just got back from Fast and the Furious 9 with Vinny....then I get a VIN! WHOOT! It says that I should get delivery between july 5th-10th. Any chance you guys think I could get it earlier? Would love to have it for the 4th!

Greg
Congratulations! Love your profile name. Welcome to the thread. :)