Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got to see my Plaid the other day, white exterior and saw the badge on the back. What would be the best way to make the Plaid badge look the same color as the black trim, ie door handles etc. I think on the white car it would look great. Paint shop or someone selling them with the same finish?
You could try your hand at plastidipping although i dont suggest doing it while the badge is on the car.
Any detail shop should be able to wrap it for you.

Yoke Adventures 4 is posted--quick demos of shuffle steering, traffic circles and parallel parking

Nice parallel parking job, Omar. 👍 Question...isn't there a way to have the car parallel park for you? Not that I would use that feature much, but just curious. I had that in my Jag EV but never used it.

That seems unlikely--the European configurators are currently showing Q1 2022 for both the Plaid and LR. Seems like maybe you are getting a canned answer.

Yeah I suspect they’re assuming it will work the same way the S and X did previously, but I don’t think Fremont is actually going to start sending cars fo Europe until after they’ve caught up with the US backlog. If they do, I’d be surprised if they directed all capacity to that versus just some. Especially if they’re really running the production line 24 hours a day again.

I had the exact same conversation today with a SA. said I’ll get it in September with my May order. Said July and August production is for China and Europe.

Said I can’t change config to help with speeding it up.

If the site didn’t say June when I ordered I wouldn’t be so annoyed.
That’s horrible, would be another big fat L for Tesla if it’s true. First time maybe soon to be a Tesla owner I’m losing the excitement factor for this car because the annoyance, aggravation, and uncertainty with this company. For the last couple of days I’ve been reconsidering Plaid and maybe going with the LR with a back thought of maybe just staying with ICE and keeping my car longer and investing this money into something else.

I like this. Didn’t even think about the front logo.
Only 2 items not blacked out. Strange that they used their chrome logos/emblems. Anyhow, hoping the guys at the detailing shop will just throw the small wraps in for free or whatever since I'm spending $2,000...even if it's another $40 or whatever...fine...do it.

What is this “…July and August production is for China and Europe.”? According to a few reports I pulled Tesla’s 2020 US market was 292k of the 499k delivered. I’m sure there is way better data (astronomically better) . Doesn’t make sense (or help my constant refreshing and VIN wishful thinking) that Tesla only makes US cars a quarter of the year.

That’s horrible, would be another big fat L for Tesla if it’s true. First time maybe soon to be a Tesla owner I’m losing the excitement factor for this car because the annoyance, aggravation, and uncertainty with this company. For the last couple of days I’ve been reconsidering Plaid and maybe going with the LR with a back thought of maybe just staying with ICE and keeping my car longer and investing this money into something else.
Frankly I'm thinking the same thing except I am not driving an ICE vehicle and am in a 2020 Model S. I'm really close to the end of my rope here and am truly aggravated at Tesla for not properly communicating. If my car is supposed to be coming in August then why the **** did my account show multiple June dates which were very specific, June 29-30th at one point, which makes me believe that my config was manufactured but Tesla either delivered the car to someone else or just switched the wheels to 21" for someone else. Either way, it's a ridiculous process and totally unacceptable. I mean seeing people who ordered literally days ago are getting their car. This is such bullshit

No way this is the case. Hold in there. Trust me. Good things come…

No way this is the case. Hold in there. Trust me. Good things come…
I’m trying. It’s easier for some who already have experienced Tesla car quality and already have an idea what to expect, I have no idea what to expect other than what I read and saw on YouTube. My local Tesla store hasn’t even had a single Model S to test drive in a year.

PS: your avatar makes me think of Crowder lol

Frankly I'm thinking the same thing except I am not driving an ICE vehicle and am in a 2020 Model S. I'm really close to the end of my rope here and am truly aggravated at Tesla for not properly communicating. If my car is supposed to be coming in August then why the **** did my account show multiple June dates which were very specific, June 29-30th at one point, which makes me believe that my config was manufactured but Tesla either delivered the car to someone else or just switched the wheels to 21" for someone else. Either way, it's a ridiculous process and totally unacceptable. I mean seeing people who ordered literally days ago are getting their car. This is such bullshit
You ordered at the end of May, 2021 right? How about us schmucks who actually ordered in Jan or Feb (I ordered 2/5/21), 2021 or even earlier and are waiting until the same Aug or whatever for our cars that we ordered months before you? I agree there's no rhyme or reason and the way Tesla produces and delivers cars is absolutely haphazard and irresponsible but there's also nothing we can do. They do not care what we think.

I’m trying. It’s easier for some who already have experienced Tesla car quality and already have an idea what to expect, I have no idea what to expect other than what I read and saw on YouTube. My local Tesla store hasn’t even had a single Model S to test drive in a year.

PS: your avatar makes me think of Crowder lol

I’ve owned a Tesla since 2013, and while the customer service is less than desirable, the car more than makes up for it. You won’t be disappointed.

There is no confirmation that Tesla will be exporting Model S any time soon, and with plenty of backlogged demand in the US, it makes sense that they will work to clear a substantial amount of pending orders here (where lower transportation costs help increase margins) before beginning exports. The only note I've seen is an update from @Troy (noted logistics tracker / production and delivery analyst) indicating that Tesla will begin exporting Plaids in October, but even this is unconfirmed.
Go to the Tesla home page and select model S. Then go to the menu and scroll to the bottom where you select countries. Try selecting PLAID and LR for different countries and you will see delivery dates of August, August-September, September-October, Q1 2022 and end of 2022 to name some. Seems like you can order a MS almost anywhere with deliveries between August and the end of 2022. I also noticed that one can’t order a MY in Romania and other strange things.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Who is waiting for a red Plaid with CF? Here it is. Rancho Cucamonga SVC
74A24525-4ABC-4B7C-A087-1CE1E7070479.jpeg
EDBA400B-E2A6-475A-9A57-B9FE82EA0EE5.jpeg
87CBA94C-3887-4512-A530-2B5BDB3F05CC.jpeg
SVC.

So, I’m getting concerned that my Wednesday LR delivery might not happen. My account is showing that final payment has been made, and a Wednesday home delivery between 9 am and 6 pm is scheduled. Unfortunately, I still haven’t received the MVPA and I need to DocuSign the contracts beforehand, since I won’t be there to accept delivery. I reached out to my SA early this morning, but still haven’t heard back. My SA has always been responsive and easy to reach, but this MIA status has me feeling uneasy.

For those of you with recently delivered cars - when did you receive your MVPA and DocuSign documents?
Why would they allow me to make final payment without a MVPA on my account? Does this seem right?

Last edited:
My main update for today is that my SA said this afternoon that my car is in Washington and was at another SC, and was getting ready to be moved to Lynnwood where I’m picking it up. Fingers crossed this means I’ll be able to get it on Wednesday as scheduled (almost tempted to just stop by the SC tomorrow and see if it’s ready early… but probably shouldn’t).

Got my notice for final payment and MVPA this morning. Waiting to submit payment at least until I’m sure it’s there and nothing is going to delay delivery.