Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yoke Adventures 4 is posted--quick demos of shuffle steering, traffic circles and parallel parking

Something tells me I am not going to be anywhere as smooth as that when I pick my up LR tomorrow. Thanks as always Omar, I know I speak for many here that your contributions to this forum are awesome and so well received!

I'm currently looking into interior wraps.. I'd like to have the 'ebony' wood wrapped to look like ebony wood (black.)
Might be pretty easy to have the walnut wrapped.
Hey, just realize I have some carbon wrap left over from my wheel covers FCFS

Attachments

• D6064A70-5491-4E7A-A149-168605F1D4D6.jpeg
    D6064A70-5491-4E7A-A149-168605F1D4D6.jpeg
    593.3 KB · Views: 89
My main update for today is that my SA said this afternoon that my car is in Washington and was at another SC, and was getting ready to be moved to Lynnwood where I’m picking it up. Fingers crossed this means I’ll be able to get it on Wednesday as scheduled (almost tempted to just stop by the SC tomorrow and see if it’s ready early… but probably shouldn’t).

Got my notice for final payment and MVPA this morning. Waiting to submit payment at least until I’m sure it’s there and nothing is going to delay delivery.
Hope all is good! Congrats

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I got to see my Plaid the other day, white exterior and saw the badge on the back. What would be the best way to make the Plaid badge look the same color as the black trim, ie door handles etc. I think on the white car it would look great. Paint shop or someone selling them with the same finish?
I got my chrome delete wrap from NikolaPro, they have the front/rear emblem. They could come up with one for the plaid but the letters are pretty small

Attachments

• 40F3026E-C65E-4CDC-8C06-FBA2B6DE5340.jpeg
    40F3026E-C65E-4CDC-8C06-FBA2B6DE5340.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 8C7C9770-A7E0-4D17-B7C4-3C2DEA6F6958.jpeg
    8C7C9770-A7E0-4D17-B7C4-3C2DEA6F6958.jpeg
    444.5 KB · Views: 70
You ordered at the end of May, 2021 right? How about us schmucks who actually ordered in Jan or Feb (I ordered 2/5/21), 2021 or even earlier and are waiting until the same Aug or whatever for our cars that we ordered months before you? I agree there's no rhyme or reason and the way Tesla produces and delivers cars is absolutely haphazard and irresponsible but there's also nothing we can do. They do not care what we think.
What was the initial delivery date when you ordered back then?

Yoke Adventures 4 is posted--quick demos of shuffle steering, traffic circles and parallel parking

Great video. I assume you blurred the screen to shield the location, but you can clearly see the name of that elementary school. :eek:

Also, during parallel parking, you can see that ripple in the center of the steering wheel that several others have noticed on theirs. When the sunlight hits it just right. the shading makes it fairly prominent. This seems to be a pretty common manufacturing issue. Not that most would care or notice, but I wonder if Tesla will address it at some point.

Thanks! So you don't parallel park often! I have to do that with one car length in town not entire curb, and man that will be tougher than it needs to be.

So @omarsultan if Elon called and said,,I can give you a round steering wheel no extra charge would you do it? Would you take stalks?

I'm sure I'll be fine, but man I'm having g trouble figuring out how this makes driving g better....

Nice parallel parking job, Omar. 👍 Question...isn't there a way to have the car parallel park for you? Not that I would use that feature much, but just curious. I had that in my Jag EV but never used it.
Trust me, I am as surprised as anyone that it went that smoothly. In theory, the car can parallel and perpendicular park itself. My wife's X does, but I have not tried it out in the S yet.

What was the initial delivery date when you ordered back then?
Ordered 2/5/21 —> Est Delivery March — then July — then Aug — then June 1-30 — then BLANK (NO Est Delivery)…been blank for about 4 weeks now. Sigh. 😏 The Tesla RM shared with me that my order is on the “priority delivery” list but that means nothing and everyone expects my car to be delivered in August. I’ll be lucky if I get a VIN in early July for a late July delivery; more likely a late July VIN for an Aug delivery. Crazy.

Great video. I assume you blurred the screen to shield the location, but you can clearly see the name of that elementary school. :eek:

Also, during parallel parking, you can see that ripple in the center of the steering wheel that several others have noticed on theirs. When the sunlight hits it just right. the shading makes it fairly prominent. This seems to be a pretty common manufacturing issue. Not that most would care or notice, but I wonder if Tesla will address it at some point.
Yeah, normally I zoom the map way out, but forgot this time and didn't feel like re-shooting.

The thing on the center cap looks, to me, like it's from the hard plastic that makes the frame of the cap--probably some denser foam or something would hide it better.

Trust me, I am as surprised as anyone that it went that smoothly. In theory, the car can parallel and perpendicular park itself. My wife's X does, but I have not tried it out in the S yet.

As a general PSA:

To be clear, you need FSD before it has any autopilot convenience features including automatic parking.

I use the parallel park feature all the time in the city (S is not bad to park with generous spaces but it is a bigger vehicle for urban parking). To even activate the feature, you have to drive slower than 15mph and drive (slowly) past an acceptable parking spot. If it is the appropriate size, a P will appear in the IC representation of the parking spot and you can stop the car and shift to reverse which will prompt the car to ask if you want it to park for you (select yes on MCU) and it will do it. I haven't had an issue but I know others have.

Like all things with AP/FSD, ultimately you're responsible so be prepared to take over.

Last edited:
You ordered at the end of May, 2021 right? How about us schmucks who actually ordered in Jan or Feb (I ordered 2/5/21), 2021 or even earlier and are waiting until the same Aug or whatever for our cars that we ordered months before you? I agree there's no rhyme or reason and the way Tesla produces and delivers cars is absolutely haphazard and irresponsible but there's also nothing we can do. They do not care what we think.
Oh trust me, I get it. That's why I'm not sure where do you guys, who have ordered months before and some even as far back as Nov 2020, get the patience from. Lol it's a nice way to tell me there are others who are in worst situation than me. I want you guys to have your car before me for sure but what grinds my gears is people ordering and getting their cars in less than a week. It's Tesla's fault 100%