Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, another piece of info for you. I had a mobile tech come out to the house for something today and he said he had done some test work up in Fremont on the new S. He said the plan was to pretty soon make the Yoke an "option". The plan is for a regular wheel to be the standard and the yoke will be a $500 option.

Of course "soon" in Tesla lingo could be never or years, so take that with a grain of salt.
Looking forward to swapping my yoke to someone who wants it for their wheel. I'll probably do it free or even pay.

Quick rundown on the LR version: It's freaking fantastic. The end.

Jokes aside, this car is everything I wanted and more. Having owned a few Teslas, I knew what to expect, but I didn't expect as much as I got. The car is unreal. My first S was 0-60 in 5.2, the second was 4.2. My MY was 3.5 and this thing feels infinitely faster. The torque is sustained so much further. Maybe not as much as the Plaid, but more than enough. This thing is stupid fast. I thought I'd regret not getting the Plaid, but I don't at all. Good for those of you that want/need that much more, but I'm good.

The fit and finish are so far ahead what Tesla has produced up until now. It's so damn comfortable, quiet, and amazing all the way around.

The yoke is dumb. It's fine and I'm getting used to it, but it's completely unnecessary. It serves no practical value, other than a better line of vision. Looks cool as hell though and definitely gets the attention of the baristas in the drive-thru.

I was excited for this car, maybe more than any since my first (nothing compares to your first time ;)), but can't even begin to describe how much this thing has surpassed my expectations.

I hope you all get your cars soon!
Welp, time for me to cancel my Plaid and place a new order for LR. That way I'd know I'll have to wait until October to get one. It's much better than this *sugar* and having to pay 50k more for something you get over in a few days. I say this after owning 2020 performance for 7 months now 😂

I got my mvpa when I set my third party financing info. No docusign yet. I've paid. I digitally signed a copy to make my lender happy and it was already signed by tesla.

Honestly it's been a goofy process between the lender and Tesla and I sure hope they let me take the car tomorrow or I'll be stranded in another state.

Welp, time for me to cancel my Plaid and place a new order for LR. That way I'd know I'll have to wait until October to get one. It's much better than this *sugar* and having to pay 50k more for something you get over in a few days. I say this after owning 2020 performance for 7 months now 😂
I've had a P90D for a few months now and it hasn't gotten old yet, FWIW.

I got the MVPA 2 days prior. When I got there I scanned the QR code, entered my name and number and waited for a call. Someone inside called, introduced himself and said "you have a check from Navy Federal, right?" Invited me inside where I handed him the check and he said my car would now reboot and I could use my phone to enter it and sign the documents inside. Dropped them in a dropbox and drove away.

Part of me thinks this is okay, kinda like ordering a car online... very impersonal and free of unnecessary interactions. Part of me misses my first delivery in 2015 where they had literal red carpet laid out and a giant bow on the car. Everyone was so excited to tell me all about the car. Crazy how different it is now.
The COVID situation has changed things, and Tesla seems to still be in it. It’s probably safe now for them to start getting back to normal.

Quick rundown on the LR version: It's freaking fantastic. The end.

Jokes aside, this car is everything I wanted and more. Having owned a few Teslas, I knew what to expect, but I didn't expect as much as I got. The car is unreal. My first S was 0-60 in 5.2, the second was 4.2. My MY was 3.5 and this thing feels infinitely faster. The torque is sustained so much further. Maybe not as much as the Plaid, but more than enough. This thing is stupid fast. I thought I'd regret not getting the Plaid, but I don't at all. Good for those of you that want/need that much more, but I'm good.
And these are the likely reasons Tesla wanted to deliver Plaid first lol.
Happy with my plaid decision but I’m still very curious to see some LR draggy 🤩.

Happy with my plaid decision but I’m still very curious to see some LR draggy 🤩.
I’m feeling a little speculative at the moment. The LR will have more impressive numbers than anyone expects. I’m thinking definitely faster 1/4 mile than P100D and maybe even faster than a Model S Performance. 130 trap ?

My prediction for the LR in terms of street performance is ~ 3.3 sec 0-60mph / ~ 10.8-11.0sec @ 125-128mph 1/4 mi. 650-670HP or not, I’m not sure the dual motor LR can hold the power from 0-130mph+ like the Plaid does. Regardless, nothing shabby about those kinds of numbers.

I’m feeling a little speculative at the moment. The LR will have more impressive numbers than anyone expects. I’m thinking definitely faster 1/4 mile than P100D and maybe even faster than a Model S Performance. 130 trap ?
Woooaaahhh where on Earth did that come from?🧐
For a 130 trap, it would have to holding over 700 hp throughout the entire 1/4 mile. Remember, the 825 hp Raven MS Performance did 126 trap speed.🙂

Last edited:
My prediction for the LR in terms of street performance is ~ 3.3 sec 0-60mph / ~ 10.8-11.0sec @ 125mph 1/4 mi. 650-670HP or not, I’m not sure the dual motor LR can hold the power from 0-130mph+ like the Plaid does. Regardless, nothing shabby about those kinds of numbers.
This might be a little aggressive, but I’m guessing early 10s at 130 on a prepped surface. And with someone like Situation Plaid behind the wheel lol 😍🤩

Personally, I'm expecting.... (please don't kill me with downvotes).. low low 11s, or maybe
10.9 at like 120 mph. That would make the LR substantially faster than the M3P, but without encroaching on the Plaid's territory.
(M3P is like 11.6 at 116 mph)