Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I said that a little prematurely. I have my delivery scheduled for tomorrow, but after reading some of the horror stories on here, nothing is guaranteed until the car is in your driveway. I’m feeling cautiously optimistic.
Same. I am getting mine delivered from the Carlsbad delivery center. As of earlier today, they said it was in the finishing process of being built and would arrive later tonight to San Diego to be delivered tomorrow. Hope everything works out!

Well, I was supposed right et my car tomorrow, but apparently it has an issue and they won't release it to me. Have removed my VIN. They are looking for another car for me. Mixed feelings, I'm glad they are keeping high standards, but I've been waiting a long time. So would Target get a car that has no problems. My wife isn't happy, she wants her car back

Fresh delivery. I do think the gaps on the trunk are a little suspect, but I did accept it and will do a service call. The interior is so much better than prior models, not at all what I was expecting. Seems like the rear screen is very beta with just a few minutes of playing. Haven't actually driven it yet since it freshly detailed and raining. 1 surprise was finding "Insane" and Drag Strip Mode on the LR. And it shows as a 2021 model in my account, was hoping for a 2022.View attachment 679398View attachment 679399
I'm sure people have asked but, draggy that thing!

Well, I was supposed right et my car tomorrow, but apparently it has an issue and they won't release it to me. Have removed my VIN. They are looking for another car for me. Mixed feelings, I'm glad they are keeping high standards, but I've been waiting a long time. So would Target get a car that has no problems. My wife isn't happy, she wants her car back

Sorry to hear. It sounded suspect that they'd hold it back just for wheels but I guess they couldn't quickly fix what was wrong and so likely for the best that they get you a better car. They owe you.

I'm really disheartened by how many VIN robberies I've been hearing about. That's just messed up.

That sucks! Sorry to hear that. This is the reason I am not that excited despite getting the VIN in my account. Anything can happen!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
More exterior pics
20210629_141946.jpg
20210629_141952.jpg
20210629_141937~2.jpg
20210629_132412.jpg

I DO have to say that Elon's decision to change the brake calipers from red to shiny black really was a bit retarded! The black calipers totally get lost behind the dark gray/black 21" arachnid wheels. I don't think I'll spend $700 to get them painted red with the TESLA badge on them; I'll likely just leave my Plaid's brake calipers black the way they are but seriously, they look SO MUCH BETTER in RED, dammit! 🤬

I think I’m probably in the minority but I feel like red brake calipers is like 2015 stuff. I’m actually liking the black.

What if you tell them, "okay, fine, I'll be right back...and you go to the bank and come back 20 min later with $146k in CASH, lol! Will they still say, "sorry we cannot accept that as payment. Please transfer your money using this app called Plaid." :rolleyes:😜
I doubt they would accept cash. They don't want to be in a position of supporting money laundering, and there's risk of cash going astray.

Last edited:
I miss the energy app. Also mobile key is not working right now, tapping to set it up in the app does nothing. They said they've not gotten it to work on the few they've delivered so far.
I noticed this immediately. The delivery manager high-tailed it out b/c his Uber was here. It was quite clear that I knew more about known issues than he did.