Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bummer - sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you will still get it in the next few days.

I was told my car was on a truck passing through Ontario, CA around 3:00 PM PST. My delivery window is only until 6:00 pm, so I don’t think they will make that window. I would assume the car still needs to go to the Carlsbad delivery center before they prep it for delivery. My SA said they would be delivering cars all night, so I’m still hoping to receive the car today. Hoping it isn’t another Tesla mirage.
Honestly, I think this is good news for you to potentially get it delivered today. I was told that they are going to be delivering late into the night tonight, so if you are OK with it, I don’t foresee them not getting it to you by tonight, even if it is a little bit late.

I just got a call from my Tesla delivery center. I was told the traffic coming down from Fremont was murder, and the last part of the drive that typically takes 1 1/2 hours will take 4 hours. They wanted to get approval to deliver the car after 10:00 pm. I said they had full approval to deliver the car at anytime. Hoping it arrives, but this whole experience has been surreal.

And will limit the power of Plaid to where it won't be doing 0-60 in 2.1 secs every launch and the system will literally reduce the power to save the battery without letting the driver know about this. That's the Apple way of doing business and Tesla is the Apple of the automotive industry. Seems like only new owners who have already received their cars will be able to enjoy this beast for now because I'm certain it'll be power limited very soon via software update to avoid getting spontaneously combusted lol
You do realize Tesla has already tried this, don't you?

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Somebody will be looking for a replacement Plaid soon:

I guess that is one way to find out for sure that it isn't using 4680s:

View attachment 679894
Not a good look for the new Tesla Plaid... it will be interesting to see what is found in the root cause analysis. ;)

1625100271520.png

I picked up my Model S Long Range this afternoon. It replaces my 2019 100D which replaced my 2016 P90D. It's hard to believe that Tesla could improve on perfection, but they did. Fantastic car!

And I'm happy to be able to make my modest contribution to 2Q earnings.
Please comment on voracity of acceleration and duration of acceleration of all three.

So I called. The person on the other end said that they don't anticipate my car today and that it hasn't even been transported from Fremont yet. This is unreal. I took a half day off work to handle this and now I have to most likely do it again later this week or the next. She couldn't give me a timeframe of delivery and stated they would contact me in 24-48 hours with further instructions. This car is a real inconvenience. As a first time buyer this is a souring experience. Sick of checking my phone and the website. One more mess up and I am officially done with this car. It shouldn't be this hard to buy a dang expensive toy.

Greg
Lol. You ordered end of May and are complaining. I understand they delayed you a little. Lots of people have been delayed. Be thankful you have a VIN and you actually see your delivery date in sight. Not saying I'm one of the oldest orders out there. But there's still others way before you that are still blank and have Plaid orders as well.

My biggest question is.... I can't believe you're buying a $140k car and have to worry about taking a half day off work?? :D

Well, my blank date finally got some love. It now says August. Fortunately, I'm probably the only one here who does not want their car right now. I won't have my target down payment until September. As long as they don't send it in July, I won't have any hard decisions to make.

I was hoping you had an update. We have similar configs and order dates. Hopefully it all works out for you.

You know guys, that never occurred to me!🤔 There definitely is something very strange about these circumstances...
Especially if that someone also listened to the Q1 Earnings Call, and heard Elon speak about what they were doing with the Model S.
Wouldn’t be the first time.

Please comment on voracity of acceleration and duration of acceleration of all three.
Stated 0-16 times: 2016 ... 3.1, 2019 ... 4.1, 2021 ... 3.1. The new one feels noticeably more nimble and responsive than the nimble and responsive 2019.

I've only driven it 16 miles so I'm still a rookie. I want that front plate holder off that car right now, but it appears to be glued on.