Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone with a LR or plaid have any information on rated range at 100% (or what the app slider indicates when you select 100%)?

I know without an energy app, it is rather hard to figure this out but I just took a really long road trip yesterday (700+ miles) and my car exceed rated throughout even in downpours. I even hit 199wh/mi. I averaged 75mph (some 65mph zones required a lesser speed and rain intensity dictated some lesser speeds too).

I really wonder whether PM is the best choice for efficiency on longer trips or whether it was designed primarily to boost the around the town range. FWIW, around the town driving usually kills my averages (330wh/mi and even 400+ in winter).

The biggest thing with these next generation S/X was the better efficiency and aero as well as a bigger battery (though we know it is slightly smaller than the LR+ but overall as much range).

What I don't like is the perception Teslas do not hit their rated ranges anymore because that really wasn't true with my generation (over 80mph drives my averages in the summer to around 280wh/mi which is still below avg rated). I thought a heat pump would solve the winter issue and the aero would help in summer but I have no data to back up those assumptions.
PXL_20210630_210120841.MP.jpg

Someone on YouTube posted something about Brakes. Dont think I have came across anything in the past about plaid brakes anyone here ?

stopping a 5000 lb car at 165 MPH "may" cause some friction. I went to AMG racing school a few years ago at Laguna Seca and we drove brand new AMG-GTS cars delivered to the track. The brakes damn near melted to the rotors after 2 hours on the track. Smoking brakes after every lap.

My first attempt at a 0-60 run in my 2 day old LR with 21” wheels. Didn’t engage launch mode, battery at 85%, not a great bit of road (understatement), slight uphill gradient. I have little doubt this car has more to give than what this rookie got this morning ….looking forward to seeing some 3.0’s, 2.8’s with roll out I reckon…View attachment 680028
Where did you mount the dragy? I dont dare use the 3M plate on the wood for fear it will peel it off :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Interesting that you have contrast stitching on the top of your dash, while mine is dark. Maybe a running change or maybe another LR/Plaid difference?
Really interesting spot Omar, I am not seeing it in other LR photos from the other thread. @ericw - what is the first three digits of the last six in your VIN? Also is that cream or white? Photos make it go either way. And before anyone says "look at their signature!" people are taking cars that do not match their order and updating signatures are not exactly a priority.

Edit: it is a really nice touch

stopping a 5000 lb car at 165 MPH "may" cause some friction. I went to AMG racing school a few years ago at Laguna Seca and we drove brand new AMG-GTS cars delivered to the track. The brakes damn near melted to the rotors after 2 hours on the track. Smoking brakes after every lap.
After I bought my AMG-GTS I received invite to that school. Was it worth doing? I lived in NJ back then and didn’t consider it

Where did you mount the dragy? I dont dare use the 3M plate on the wood for fear it will peel it off :)
I make a little tape donut with blue painter's tape and use that to stick the Draggy to the sliding door on the center console. I guess the other spot to put it is on the top of the dash behind the display.

After I bought my AMG-GTS I received invite to that school. Was it worth doing? I lived in NJ back then and didn’t consider it
Yes, definitely worth doing. They used to give a free course every time you bought an AMG perhaps they still do. Lots of fun and a neat way to experience top tier tracks with great instructors in fun cars.