Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone on YouTube posted something about Brakes. Dont think I have came across anything in the past about plaid brakes anyone here ?

The brakes/stopping is going to be a problem. Most people have no idea how important being able to stop, and stop quick on a car that accelerates this quickly from a roll. If you casually punch it for 2sec going 50 down the road you’re now going 100+. You come up on *sugar* insanely quick.

Ive owned a half a dozen cars 4.5 sec and quicker 60-130 and it’s going to be a problem for inexperienced drivers with out a doubt. Things happen really fast at those speeds, and you think you have ample room in front of you for a quick 2-3sec stab of the accelerator until you realize how much ground you start covering.

If you could...you would....wouldnt you?
Or do you mean you couldNT care less, because then you literally could not care any less than you do, which is what I think youre conveying.

Sorry, ancy for delivery and 2 cups of coffee in, had to say it :)
This is the reason I won’t show pics of my new car. Received it last night and it looks perfect to me. Don’t want that feeling to go away as someone points out that I am missing a trunk, etc.

The brakes/stopping is going to be a problem. Most people have no idea how important being able to stop, and stop quick on a car that accelerates this quickly from a roll. If you casually punch it for 2sec going 50 down the road you’re now going 100+. You come up on *sugar* insanely quick.

Ive owned a half a dozen cars 4.5 sec and quicker 60-130 and it’s going to be a problem for inexperienced drivers with out a doubt. Things happen really fast at those speeds, and you think you have ample room in front of you for a quick 2-3sec stab of the accelerator until you realize how much ground you start covering.
Unless the brakes have overheated from repeated stops like on a track, the brakes will stop the car at the limit of tire traction. It’s impossible to brake any shorter by making the brakes stronger.

Yeah I wish we knew more details on this... it could just be the brakes weren't bedded correctly and/or rotors are warped causing shaking. The brakes on the plaid are really my only concern. The brakes on my 1100hp CTS-V are AMAZING and it would suck to downgrade in that department by a significant amount. I realize the plaid is 600lbs heavier than my V but I hope the brakes are solid.

If you could...you would....wouldnt you?
Or do you mean you couldNT care less, because then you literally could not care any less than you do, which is what I think youre conveying.

Sorry, ancy for delivery and 2 cups of coffee in, had to say it :)
lol yes.. I meant couldn’t care less or I don’t give a rats asss about 1mm panel gaps.
Edit: been out of college 20 years. A bit rusty

Are people forgetting that Plaid sets the fastest 0-100-0 in the Motortrend test?

Unless the brakes have overheated from repeated stops like on a track, the brakes will stop the car at the limit of tire traction. It’s impossible to brake any shorter by making the brakes stronger

Are people forgetting that Plaid sets the fastest 0-100-0 in the Motortrend test?

That’s well and good but doesn’t change the fact of what I said. I’m not blaming the car, or the brakes specifically. It’s not a fault of the car it’s just going to be more so people making bad, and inexperienced decisions based on what they perceive possible.

Going 60-130 quickly is a different animal compared to a car that goes 0-60 quickly and noses over.

I just got the first pictures of my car. Everything looks pretty good except the front portion of the drivers side rear door. Paint looks dull and not shiny. I can’t tell if it is residue, or actual damage to the paint. Bad touch up maybe? The area of concern is the last picture below. What do you guys think this is? Car is going for tint and PPF later. I will find out more after detail shop looks at it.

The other obvious issue is the interior door panel alignment. Same problem we have seen with all of the other cars. The one issue that keeps @Tigers up at night is proudly showing its face once again.

5ABB1642-4060-4B15-B911-9CC02C8141A0.jpeg
33040BE9-BF7D-4F62-B9E5-15E1A04AB57E.jpeg
56C1DAC1-A04D-46AC-945E-6C9BBB2CD562.jpeg
A304D169-D330-4E23-91B0-C7A770397269.jpeg
483EAD59-A540-47A5-A832-9F8FB30781F3.jpeg
F2AC1DB4-F59B-45FD-AD22-B43837787782.jpeg
A972E622-72BE-422C-A566-B1726016A6BE.jpeg
738327A6-ADDA-4029-8C70-4D94C65C7BD1.jpeg
693D7ED7-BCC8-4C48-B91C-402F8639E741.jpeg
15E75842-D836-44BD-AA14-DE5F446C2972.jpeg

Been a lurker here for a few month now but wanted to provide another data point :
Order complete on Feb 1 - RN114450950 Plaid Midnight silver metallic, 21", Black/White, CF, Full self drive
Didn't get a date shown until may, showed June1-June30, then June15-30, then disappeared.

Got a surprising call from SA yesterday... SD Carlsbad location, they had a identical car except with Cream interior and ask if I wanted to take it. Short answer, went to see it, switched my order and took delivery yesterday. They told me they got 6 plaid yesterday (one was the one I got, another was was black (also cream with CF), another one that was white (don't know interior), red (don't know interior) and 2 others. This was supposedly the second shipment, one of the managers there got the first shipment a couple days ago.
Thanks George! Congratulations!

Did they make you pay the additional $10k increase for changing your configuration?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I just got the first pictures of my car. Everything looks pretty good except the front portion of the rear passenger door. Paint looks dull and not shiny. I can’t tell if it is residue, or actual damage to the paint. Bad touch up maybe? The area of concern is the last picture below. What do you guys think this is? Car is going for tint and PPF later. I will find out more after detail shop looks at it.

The other obvious issue is the interior door panel alignment. Same problem we have seen with all of the other cars. The one issue that keeps @Tigers up at night is proudly showing its face once again.

View attachment 680233View attachment 680234View attachment 680235View attachment 680237View attachment 680238View attachment 680239View attachment 680240View attachment 680241View attachment 680242View attachment 680245
interesting, no contrast stitching on the dash like eric's. i wonder what the build date difference is between the two