Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They will contact you a few days after and then ask for more photos (sometimes) and then reevaluate the trade based on the updated miles and the market. Then they ask you to accept the new offer. In my experience it drops normally or stays the same. But just be ready for a different offer.
That stinks, I’m worried it will be worth significantly less when my model s is ready in October or later :(

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I don't think it will run 10.3 sec @ 132+mph 1/4 mi. If it holds the (670HP) power and does 0-60mph in 3.0-3.2 sec, then likely 1/4 mi. in upper 10's to low 11's @ 125-130mph or so. I could be wrong but based on what I know and experienced.
LR has insane mode which is below ludicrous. It will run mid 11,s i believe.
How hard is it to do a 1/4 mile dragy run and prove the point. Also my best run is a 10.47 ar 127mph with the Performance S so no way this is faster as it looses already 0,7 sec 0-60.

The HPWC is rated for outdoor installation, so a good choice if you are going to put your charging equipment outside.
Agree. I almost did this, but ended up wanting something versatile, so I installed a rather rare NEMA 14-60 outlet (60 amp), and then added a pigtail to the HPWC that supports full 48 amp charging. Note: you cannot and should not run 48 amps through a NEMA 14-50 outlet, because the amperage rating for continuous use is 80% of the labeled rating.

Also if you go down this path, do yourself a favor and do 6 gauge THHN instead of 8, because it will easily support more current with plenty of headroom.

Couldn’t agree more. Its a different ball game guys don’t compare the 0-60. Top end power is what differentiates the rookies and all stars. 😎
Agreed. Top end is where EVs have been extremely weak. now 0-60 does matter when the plaid can hold that kinda acceleration all the way to top end. But nonetheless top end power is very importan. Because I’m some case it’s two half’s to a 1/4 mile run. The first 1/8 and the second half. Like my Honda’s would always come on strong in the second half of the race and I would catch a lot of people right at the 1000ft mark. Lol

Been a lurker here for a few month now but wanted to provide another data point :
Order complete on Feb 1 - RN114450950 Plaid Midnight silver metallic, 21", Black/White, CF, Full self drive
Didn't get a date shown until may, showed June1-June30, then June15-30, then disappeared.

Got a surprising call from SA yesterday... SD Carlsbad location, they had a identical car except with Cream interior and ask if I wanted to take it. Short answer, went to see it, switched my order and took delivery yesterday. They told me they got 6 plaid yesterday (one was the one I got, another was was black (also cream with CF), another one that was white (don't know interior), red (don't know interior) and 2 others. This was supposedly the second shipment, one of the managers there got the first shipment a couple days ago.
This gives me hope. Very Similar order, Jan 31st with RN of 114452867. Gray with White/CF FSD 21in.... Account showing July Est. Glad to see a CF dash. I think the wood is for the Cadillacs of the early 2000s ha.

How hard is it to do a 1/4 mile dragy run and prove the point. Also my best run is a 10.47 ar 127mph with the Performance S so no way this is faster as it looses already 0,7 sec 0-60.
For sure it will be faster than mid 11s more so 10.8 to 11.1

Are people forgetting that Plaid sets the fastest 0-100-0 in the Motortrend test?
That dosent mean it will stop quicker than the Senna. It probably beats it 0 - 100 by more than 0.3 and then loses a little on the 100 - 0 but still comes out 0.3 ahead over the whole 0 - 100 - 0. No way would this outbrake a lighter McLaren with better brakes.

I wish Tesla would come out with some sort of statement on this ASAP, before they halt production & deliveries (or maybe they should so they can quickly fix any possible safety issue?!?!?)
I am fine with them taking their time, puling the data and sharing it with cops, NHTSA, etc, instead of playing this out in public. I also have not heard anything that point to the car being the primary cause of the fire.

No offence meant to LR owners, but... yeah made me laugh with all the people practically calling the LR a bottom 10 second car.😆 The LR is a great car, but there is no way on Earth that the 670 hp LR could be faster than the 825 hp Cheetah MS.
Even if it holds 670hp up to top speed, (which is impossible, because it doesn't use the carbon-wrapped rotors, which are essential to maintaining that curve), it would trap a higher speed, like 125-127mph, but never improve the 1/4 mile to exceed that of the Cheetah MS.
It's important to note that the Cheetah MS peaked at 825 hp, but was making about 640-700 hp by the time it crossed the 1/4 mile.
Not trying to be an a**hole, but just trying to keep things realistic...:)

Last edited:
No offence meant to LR owners, but... yeah made me laugh with all the people practically calling the LR a bottom 10 second car.😆 The LR is a great car, but there is no way on Earth that the 670 hp LR could be faster than the 825 hp Cheetah MS.
Even if it holds 670hp up to top speed, (which is impossible, because it doesn't use the carbon-wrapped rotors, which are essential to maintaining that curve), it would trap a higher speed, like 125-127mph, but never improve the 1/4 mile to exceed that of the Cheetah MS.
It's important to note that the Cheetah MS peaked at 825 hp, but was making about 670-700 hp by the time it crossed the 1/4 mile.
Not trying to be a a**hole, but just trying to keep things realistic...:)
I dont think he nor I were in the group saying it will low 10. It’s no way it would. I think at best would 10.8 and I mean at best but i think it’s going to range from 10.9-11.1 is what I’m thinking.