Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
San Francisco Federal Credit Union is running a special whereby they’re offering an extra percentage point for loans on electric vehicles. This means that their already-low rate of 2.24% over 48 months is now 1.24%. No prepayment penalty or other crazy fees. Only catch is, you have to live or work in San Francisco. Gotta love living in progressive cities :)
Thanks for posting this! I don’t live in SF or San Mateo but my workplace is located in Menlo park.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I don’t know what motivates someone to buy a 3m$ car. I think some of it is just to show off to his friends as most of these cars barely get driven at all. Top speed for sure, bragging rights are super important.

But imagine young billionaire dude gets his Chiron out for a ride with young Victoria Secret super model and gets beaten off a stop light by a middle age dude with his whole family in the car. Top model laughs all the way to the mansion at how the kids were waving goodbye from the back window….

When Bugatti are beaten by the latest McLaren it doesn’t bruise the ego that much, but a family sedan?
Highly doubt those models or instagram “models” care about your vehicles performance. They care more about status and money. You think they look at a guy with a Tesla and a guy with a Bugatti and go “yeah I’ll go with the Tesla guy, his car is faster!”

Only catch is, you have to live or work in San Francisco.

Or you can join MyPath:

If you are not eligible through the above requirements, you can establish your membership through a qualifying organization:

• MyPath*, a national nonprofit focused on paving economic pathways for low-income youth.

I don’t know what motivates someone to buy a 3m$ car. I think some of it is just to show off to his friends as most of these cars barely get driven at all. Top speed for sure, bragging rights are super important.

But imagine young billionaire dude gets his Chiron out for a ride with young Victoria Secret super model and gets beaten off a stop light by a middle age dude with his whole family in the car. Top model laughs all the way to the mansion at how the kids were waving goodbye from the back window….

When Bugatti are beaten by the latest McLaren it doesn’t bruise the ego that much, but a family sedan?
🤔

Highly doubt those models or instagram “models” care about your vehicles performance. They care more about status and money. You think they look at a guy with a Tesla and a guy with a Bugatti and go “yeah I’ll go with the Tesla guy, his car is faster!”

You think the vast majority of women have any clue what a Bugatti is or how much is costs? 😂

For those of you that converted from Plaid + to Plaid:
On the day the Plaid + was cancelled I called to convert.
At the time they have me make a new RN11510XXX, then cancel my Plaid+ for and get my refund. RN11395XXX (battery day reservation)
He had me email him my new RN so he could "keep my place in line"
I "feel" like he was just giving me lip service and I actually lost my place in line, but I was able to retain my $8kFSD and the car price before they increased the price.
I called to confirm that my place was kept, but I still don't believe it.

"I’ve contacted our factory scheduling team who again confirmed your order has been on the prioritized list due to it being converted from the Plaid+. I’ve also flagged your account, which will notify our delivery team of your priority."

Car config WAS White/Black/CF/19's but I recently changed to 21's (I was hoping to get the 19's then buy the new wheels in the fall) I changed to get my car asap as I just sold my 2015MS and it leaves my hands on the 9th. I had a June 21-27 EDD that's what prompted the sale of my 85D of course.
Needless to say, I have a blank EDD.

So my question is, did anyone else's SA promise to keep you in line after converting?

First coat of ceramic pro is complete. Second coat is going on tomorrow after it cures.

Attachments

• 55CF2198-5B7B-4058-9D4E-CA26784386A3.jpeg
    55CF2198-5B7B-4058-9D4E-CA26784386A3.jpeg
    415 KB · Views: 96
  • 84737783-C607-4ED2-B70B-49EADA7BC480.jpeg
    84737783-C607-4ED2-B70B-49EADA7BC480.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 74F7D457-320A-4B28-91E3-D903A3ADF790.jpeg
    74F7D457-320A-4B28-91E3-D903A3ADF790.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 82
  • E71527B8-D4D7-4846-8F2F-E8AEEEA13F6B.jpeg
    E71527B8-D4D7-4846-8F2F-E8AEEEA13F6B.jpeg
    484.4 KB · Views: 68
Small update on my trade-in weirdness. so it expired after 7/1. I resubmitted my mileage as they asked, they said it's ready and re-evaluated. But the site still says evaluating. so I said screw it, and just removed the trade-in for now. not worth it at this point since i have no EDD. When I ordered this car it was clearly stating a June Delivery for a couple of weeks, then went away then June for a day, and for last 3 weeks, nothing.

Again, i don't care so much really as I have a Model 3 right now, that I love, but the bait and switch BS with delivery June, then absolutely no clue when delivery will be, is what I dislike.

I remember when I "reserved" the 3 back in spring 2016, and 2.5 years later i got the car. That was a weird waiting game. And i remember people that were S and X owners got priority deliveries before first-timers. I have a 3 and an X now, and they definitely are not favoring current owners this time around. As they should not, IMO.

I do enjoy this thread, although it gets off topic significantly sometimes (I may be guilty of that too), but it's very helpful, and I'm glad that members here that already got their LR or Plaid, and hanging in, on this thread to "cheer us on".

But I'd rather have Bugs Bunny with his PomPoms doing some of that as well. He's a Pro.

For those of you that converted from Plaid + to Plaid:
On the day the Plaid + was cancelled I called to convert.
At the time they have me make a new RN11510XXX, then cancel my Plaid+ for and get my refund. RN11395XXX (battery day reservation)
He had me email him my new RN so he could "keep my place in line"
I "feel" like he was just giving me lip service and I actually lost my place in line, but I was able to retain my $8kFSD and the car price before they increased the price.
I called to confirm that my place was kept, but I still don't believe it.

"I’ve contacted our factory scheduling team who again confirmed your order has been on the prioritized list due to it being converted from the Plaid+. I’ve also flagged your account, which will notify our delivery team of your priority."

Car config WAS White/Black/CF/19's but I recently changed to 21's (I was hoping to get the 19's then buy the new wheels in the fall) I changed to get my car asap as I just sold my 2015MS and it leaves my hands on the 9th. I had a June 21-27 EDD that's what prompted the sale of my 85D of course.
Needless to say, I have a blank EDD.

So my question is, did anyone else's SA promise to keep you in line after converting?
It was simple for me.
Convert to Plaid and you will get delivery in June. There was no need to discuss priority or place in line. I did not ask.

OMG funny.
You've actually proven the counterpoint to the question with your own arguments.

The guy in the Chiron, and his girl are very much in their own world. Neither wants to switch anything with the family and their sedan. There's a little bit of Chevy Chase and the 'girl in the Ferrari' from Vacation here. Just that the family car is now faster and nicer, but it's no Chiron to some.

[disclosure: I'd trade my car for either if I could]