Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be the first car that I'm considering reading the manual. :D

Any thoughts on how to get the gear selectors below the charge pad to enable? I got it to come on a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to be a consistent method or I just don't remember the specifics.
Probably the first car that you’d need to.

And I mean the collective you, not you specifically like there’s something wrong with you. 😂🤣

Yes, Tesla as intermediary. I think it went to chase, us bank, td bank, etc.

Not sure my bank does 80k+ auto loans as it is just a local bank. Tried applying to local credit union, they ran my credit then sent an email that my loan request exceeds the max they lend, but can offer me 50k lol. Wtf.
I had something similar happen. If you choose the lease option, it’ll go through without issues and then you can buy out the car at the end if you want to keep it—or upgrade to whatever the latest and greatest tech is at that time. This also helps with FSD and sales tax because you only pay for the portion you use.

I had something similar happen. If you choose the lease option, it’ll go through without issues and then you can buy out the car at the end if you want to keep it—or upgrade to whatever the latest and greatest tech is at that time. This also helps with FSD and sales tax because you only pay for the portion you use.
I remember someone saying they had a similar issue, maybe that was you. I didn’t want to lease though, would rather buy this time. But I guess it’s an option….

This may be the first car that I'm considering reading the manual. :D

Any thoughts on how to get the gear selectors below the charge pad to enable? I got it to come on a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to be a consistent method or I just don't remember the specifics.
I recall Omar having a similar experience with inconsistent PRND over-rides and commenting along the lines of “it’s not ready for prime-time yet”.

Add it to the growing list of items that will need to be fixed via OTA.

So, I picked up my MS LR from the detail shop a couple of hours ago. I have had a couple of hours behind the yoke and here are my initial impressions.
  • The car is beautiful inside and out. The exterior with the more aggressive front spoiler and the wider stance from the large tires are a significant visual improvement. This MS interior makes me feel like I'm driving a nicer car than my previous P90DL. Even without the leather that I miss. The carpets are thicker and plusher, and the alcantara headliner is a nice ode to the Performance cars. All of the surfaces feel soft and high quality. I love the way the new center console slides to reveal the cupholder and storage bay.
  • The audio system has definitely improved with higher quality sound that is discernible. I wouldn't say it is a night and day improvement, but it definitely seems like a higher quality system overall with more speakers and more power.
  • The responsiveness of the screen is a huge step up, and the picture quality is fantastic. Seems like a massive upgrade. The visualization on the IC is amazing.
  • The new ventilated seats are much more comfortable than the Next Gen Recaros in my P90DL and the ventilation is powerful and cool to the touch. I know @omarsultan said the ventilation is cabin temperature, but it definitely feels cold to the touch, so I think it must include some cooling technology.
  • The suspension is a significant improvement, and the car feels smaller and handles much better than my previous MS. My P90DL didn't have adaptive suspension and I was always stuck with a very soft ride that suffered from significant body roll. I haven't driven a Raven MS, so I don't know how it compares to the newer cars. I'm much more comfortable pushing the car hard in the corners, and the car is flat, stable and predictable. My P90DL felt comparatively like a boat that I never really enjoyed pushing on windy roads. It is really nice having multiple settings for firmness and ride height.
  • The NVH levels are much improved and the car is much quieter inside. The dual pane glass all the way around makes a noticeable difference. The car is quiet, tight, and has no rattles. 👍 Many of my previous Tesla's have suffered from squeaks and rattles. This is a significant improvement.
  • The YOKE - some of you may know that this was a huge concern for me. The first few minutes of driving it had me worried, but I seem to be adjusting to it pretty quickly. You really need to learn how to drive with completely different habits. I see no reasonable explanation for eliminating a standard steering wheel, but - hey it looks cool! I can definitely live with it and I actually kind of like it on the freeway and on windy roads. I hate it for parking lots and U-turns, but I'm sure I will adapt quickly.
  • Performance - the LR is much faster than I was expecting. It doesn't pack the visceral punch my Ludicrous P90D did off the line, but from 60 up it feels like it pulls much harder than my Ludicrous car. Off the line my Ludicrous car felt like a slingshot or like being shot out of a cannon. This car is definitely software limited off the line, and feels more like a Performance Model 3 initially. Above 30, it pulls much harder.
  • I very briefly experimented with my Dragy. The first run 0-60 had 70% SoC and 3 people in the car, so wasn't an ideal situation. The car did 0-60 in 3.38 seconds or 3.16 with 1ft of rollout. My next run I did solo, and I achieved a 3.15 sec. or 2.93 with 1 ft of rollout, but this was slightly downhill so also not entirely accurate. I will definitely spend some more time tomorrow seeing what the car can do, and will post more Dragy results. Hoping to get a 1/4 mile time if I can find somewhere safe enough.
  • Aside from a couple of small issues with trim alignment, and paint defects, I see no serious issues. I have become accustomed to Tesla paint defects and this car is not immune. I do need to take the car to the body shop to have a clear coat applied to the bottom portion of the rear drivers side door. I also have some window trim that needs adjustment. I only have the car for two more days and then will need to drop it off at Tesla service.
Here are my official Dragy results and pictures of the car after tint. The car is still missing the Tesla logos because they are still at the paint shop getting painted gloss black.

View attachment 681777View attachment 681778
View attachment 681781View attachment 681782View attachment 681783View attachment 681784View attachment 681785
Thank you for the great post. The car is beautiful!

213402620_4273136319396489_5621067634835129562_n.jpg

Enjoy your midday laugh. Stolen from Facebook. You can replace "FSD beta 9" with "VIN".

Yes, Tesla as intermediary. I think it went to chase, us bank, td bank, etc.

Not sure my bank does 80k+ auto loans as it is just a local bank. Tried applying to local credit union, they ran my credit then sent an email that my loan request exceeds the max they lend, but can offer me 50k lol. Wtf.
Bank of America 👍

I don’t know, I’m totally confused….need some help from TMC for suggestions
When I had car loans several years ago, I used LightStream (Truist Bank -- SunTrust). They're kind of neat since they literally give YOU all the money (direct deposit into your checking account within just a couple days after qualifying for the loan) for your auto loan and then you just pay CASH for the vehicle...and you keep the vehicle title. Their rates may not be the absolute best although they're quite competitive but again, you own the title and pay monthly on your auto loan and you can pay more to pay the loan down quicker. www.LightStream.com

Last edited:
213402620_4273136319396489_5621067634835129562_n.jpg

Enjoy your midday laugh. Stolen from Facebook. You can replace "FSD beta 9" with "VIN".
I find it strange that people even give a **** about FSD beta v9. I mean, they've got, what? 2000 people on that? That's less than 1% of Teslas on the road. Who actually cares? I bought FSD over two years ago and this matters not at all to me.

When I had car loans several years ago, I used LightStream (Truist Bank -- SunTrust). They're kind of neat since they literally give YOU all the money (direct deposit into your checking account within just a couple days after qualifying for the loan) for your auto loan and then you just pay CASH for the vehicle...and you keep the vehicle title. Their rates may not be the absolute best although they're quite competitive but again, you own the title and pay monthly on your auto loan and you can pay more to pay the loan down quicker. www.LightStream.com
Max $100k with Lightstream. Bank of A no limit

When I had car loans several years ago, I used LightStream (Truist Bank -- used to be owned by SunTrust). They're kind of neat since they literally give YOU all the money (direct deposit into your checking account within just a couple days afetr qualifying for the loan) for your auto loan and then you just pay CASH for the vehicle...and you keep the vehicle title. Their rates may not be the absolute best although they're quite competetive but again, you own the title and pay monthly on your auto loan and you can pay more to pay the loan down quicker. www.LightStream.com

Bank of America 👍
BoA offered 1.94% for 60 mos new for me (full price). For me, BoA took about 3 business days. Tesla will match rates.

I have used LightStream on two previous cars. Their rates used to be competitive, but right now they are terrible on long term loans. A lot of people buying cars this expensive want a 5 or 6 year term, and their rates are almost double the market average. They were purchased by Suntrust Bank and are no longer offering competitive rates. If you can find a better rate, LightStream will beat it by .10% This is the only way I would consider using them.

Max $100k with Lightstream. Bank of A no limit 😄
Okay, so someone needs to come up with the remaining balance due. Maybe someone buying a $146k-$157k vehicle and cannot afford to plunk down at least $50k shouldn't be buying such an expensive vehicle in the first place? When I purchased my 2019 Jag I-Pace HSE for > $92k, I did take a loan out which was subsequently paid off in 2 years, way early than the 5 year term...but my total loan was like $46k.

Reactions: Aleks0404