Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also agree with this. I don’t think they would have gone to the trouble of adding the images of the standard wheel in the sites code if it were not at least at some point going to be an option.
Early on they weren't sure that the feds would approve the yoke. For international some still might not so the engineering for a round wheel still had to happen.

Text received, call received, payment details received. I should be picking up my Plaid Model S Tuesday / Wednesday. I informed the family that the leader in the clubhouse for the naming rights is Knight Industries Two Thousand. There were three quizzical looks starring back at me.
character limit on name?

The abbreviation of K.I.T.T. would work
95E73B76-126D-4553-8D52-9814E9085C10.jpeg

It works!

Je
East Coast 19" Wheel Config not expected until late July, early August. Nothing has shipped from the factory as of yet.

Edit: Hate being the guy who mentions the delays, but I share what I hear. The next time I post, it'll be a positive one... Unless I'm told more bad news..
Thanks for the update @sam3194
This is actually better news than I anticipated.
Probably means 19” orders to the Bay Area (factory pickup) can start later this month, yes
I was a Feb 2 order date (Plaid, Black/Black/CF/21) and at time had June, July and August and blank dates. On June 19th I got a call from California that if I switched from CF to Ebony, I would get my car in "a few weeks". After that I was blank for a few days then "July". Late last week I got "July 15-19" and freaked because I was going to be away. Then it went to July 11-17 and I got a VIN!!!. Today I got a call to set up an actual delivery date and it actually shows up on my order page. It says "6pm July 15th Princeton" and so far the VIN has NOT disappeared!!! lol.

So this looks like its happening. Now I want to learn a little bit about these ceramic coatings Im hearing about? How about Ceramic tint???? Im in NJ and they have tint laws. Can someone direct me to the right place to learn about these products and what is an average price etc??

Thanks

Trifecta
Congrats!! I am also a February order (the 8th). Also picking up at a mystery date some time in the future in Princeton. Where abouts are you located in NJ? My ceramic pro guy is super solid. Owns three locations across the street. Gold package is like 1800. He wants to do the protection bra as well for another 1800.

Je

Thanks for the update @sam3194

Congrats!! I am also a February order (the 8th). Also picking up at a mystery date some time in the future in Princeton. Where abouts are you located in NJ? My ceramic pro guy is super solid. Owns three locations across the street. Gold package is like 1800. He wants to do the protection bra as well for another 1800.
I’m in Manasquan. On the shore. Monmouth county. I have a guy right in my town. Offering to do it for 800. I’m not sure what constitutes a “great job” but I saw a few high end cars in his lot that had the ceramic and they looked great to me. I’m not sure what brand he uses either.

So for all I know I won't get my car till October, because of some magic formula of how Tesla calculates priority. I ordered In April, but without a VIN, I couldn't complete the insurance process. I finally put in bogus insurance info, but that wasn't till the till end of May. Then because of a lack of 19" wheels, I changed my order to Arachnids, which then flagged my order date to the end of June. I specifically asked if this change would affect my RN#. The SA said no. Even though he knew full well it WOULD change my order date, he did not offer up this information.

This whole process has been riddled with mistakes from a lack of information, and as far as I know, Tesla considers me an and of June order. Good thing I have no one in the company who could sort this out for me...

I need to test a bit more, but I do believe radar detector forward sensitivity is greatly reduced in the new S due to some change to the windshield. I am not picking up Ka signals until I'm much closer to the source, and rear sensitivity seems to be much higher than forward, which adds to the evidence there is something metallic about the windshield. I'm going to mount the detector in the bottom right corner of the windshield as a test when I have some time.
That would suck as I just bought a new Valentine radar detector and my car is supposed to come next Week. Please keep us posted if you are able to confirm. I hope if there is a metallic coating it has some open spaces for toll tags and Radar detectors

So basically you want me to send it out into the aether…
I'd post this to reddit for sure. Dude you summed things up perfectly. I love your comments about others getting theirs that ordered far after you did (some of them on this forum getting dates and VINs for exact configs of others that ordered in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan).

I feel your pain. Though I'm only 17 weeks in at this point, it's amazing they can't communicate at all via the order status. Even little things like an update banner, saying your EDD will come when we have an idea of when your config batch will be made. The craziness was you having 14 inquiries on your credit (side note, oddly enough I got approved and zero hit on my credit, not even a hard inquiry). I at least got a response from my SA when I asked to change my down payment saying they'll make the change when I get a VIN.

I think TMC makes matters a little worse because you see others getting VINs that ordered after you for same configs. EOQ definitely jaded a ton of people that have been waiting. You sir have been done very wrong though. I'm hoping someone reviews these surveys. Hopefully there's some if a response is greater than 1000 characters we might wanna actually look at that one lol.

My better half has told me I've gotta stop talking about it. Lol. I refresh still constantly myself. Hoping for some little glimmer of a date (look I'd take October to just have some idea so I can stop thinking maybe it'll be tomorrow at random because seems very random at best).

Best of luck. At least the car isn't buggy and all the buttons are there (oh wait hah). 😆🤣😂

Early on they weren't sure that the feds would approve the yoke. For international some still might not so the engineering for a round wheel still had to happen.
Feds don't have to approve the yoke. This was long debated. Manufacturers self certify. The agencies react if they get complaints from consumers about safety then it goes through a review if needed. Those agencies did ask for clarification at one point, but they didn't need to approve anything for this.