Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always wonder why this youtuber makes those circles on the vehicle in the thumbnail?
Regarding the guy who tweeted it, he also had mentioned that the Plaid event is gonna be full of surprises.
Yeah, "full of surprises?" The only surprises of the Plaid Delivery Event were that there were NO actual surprises and the fact that is was likely the absolute worst Big Corp, S&P 500 Corporate "Event" in History! My 14-year old daughter could've done a more professional job with the event, providing full descriptions and actual explanations of the new refresh MS Plaid's new features, specs and details. It was a complete loss of 90 min of our time we'll never get back, lol.

Yeah, "full of surprises?" The only surprises of the Plaid Delivery Event were that there were NO actual surprises and the fact that is was likely the absolute worst Big Corp, S&P 500 Corporate "Event" in History! My 14-year old daughter could've done a more professional job with the event, providing full descriptions and actual explanations of the new refresh MS Plaid's new features, specs and details. It was a complete loss of 90 min of our time we'll never get back, lol.

But the music was groovy while we waited for it to start (late)...

Yeah I think that the Plaid will need to be doing 1.8 second 0-60s, 8s in the quarter mile, and making 1100+ hp before Tesla will boost the LR.
Plaid won’t be doing 0-60 in 1.8 seconds anytime soon, even with 1200 hp. That’s over 1.5 g’s and I don’t think there are any street tires that can do that. 0-60 times are entirely limited by the tires, not the HP.

Plaid won’t be doing 0-60 in 1.8 seconds anytime soon, even with 1200 hp. That’s over 1.5 g’s and I don’t think there are any street tires that can do that. 0-60 times are entirely limited by the tires, not the HP.
Ok, I meant on a prepped surface, obviously. I agree with you where I think that 1.9 is definitely the max on the street.🙂

I think it absolutely is for 98% of buyers. I am one of those performance freaks that does see the value in the Plaid. I had two Plaid orders and a Plaid + order and fully expected to take delivery of a Plaid before my LR. It turned out that Tesla fulfilled my LR order first.

I am very impressed with the performance of the LR and it has exceeded my expectations on all fronts except the initial kick off the line. I think I have been pretty clear about this. It is pretty evident that Tesla is severely limiting the car off the line. I’m still quite happy with the car and the performance equals or betters my previous performance S in all aspects except the initial launch. If Tesla decides to offer an acceleration boost to unlock this added performance, I’m all in. If not, I think I can survive driving a car that takes a full 3 seconds to get to 60.
Hence the $70k+ difference between the Porsche Taycan S (with the same larger battery) and the Taycan Turbo S. And yet, everyone here complains about the $40k-$50k difference between the LR and the Plaid.

Reactions: Sigma4Life
No need to wait any more for my order I’ll just place my bid 😂
35EDBB5F-C7CF-4970-9EE6-8744EBF4A34B.png

Attachments

• 23A933B1-AE90-47AA-8B4B-879A0BB6BA3A.png
    23A933B1-AE90-47AA-8B4B-879A0BB6BA3A.png
    697.6 KB · Views: 47
Watching videos like that one are great but it makes the delivery uncertainty a bit more frustrating.
Sitting blank for 12 days is just F brutal :(
I got to drive a Plaid for a few minutes, including one (non-Dragstrip-mode) launch. It was so awesome at the time, but now I'm painfully aware of what I'm missing every day as I stare at the part of my reservation screen that used to say "Estimated Delivery: July".

Side note: My wife just told me to take the last 2 days of July off and pack a suitcase for a birthday surprise. This virtually ensures I will get a delivery date then, lol.

When they started delivering Model3, it was chaotic. Similar as what we have here but worst. Instead of delivering 1000s of cars, it was many 10,000s. Tesla had to buy their own delivery trucks and it was confusion at its best. I had people ordering car and receiving them in a few weeks while people like me waited for 1000days. People were pissed. Terrible.

However, once the delivery really started it went quite fast and in a matter of a few weeks it seemed like everyone got their car and the forum (not TMC) went really silent real quick. A few of us where left waiting (but I'm in Canada and to Tesla's defense, I had changed the color of my car a few months before my delivery date).

There are a lot less MS that need to be delivered in comparison and these are high profit cars for Tesla so it makes sense that they will finda way to get the cars out. Yeah it seems like everything is going incredibly slowly, but in a matter of a few weeks, this forum is gonna be dead silent when everyone is out driving.

Hang in there, it'll be over and done quickly.

When they started delivering Model3, it was chaotic. Similar as what we have here but worst. Instead of delivering 1000s of cars, it was many 10,000s. Tesla had to buy their own delivery trucks and it was confusion at its best. I had people ordering car and receiving them in a few weeks while people like me waited for 1000days. People were pissed. Terrible.

However, once the delivery really started it went quite fast and in a matter of a few weeks it seemed like everyone got their car and the forum (not TMC) went really silent real quick. A few of us where left waiting (but I'm in Canada and to Tesla's defense, I had changed the color of my car a few months before my delivery date).

There are a lot less MS that need to be delivered in comparison and these are high profit cars for Tesla so it makes sense that they will finda way to get the cars out. Yeah it seems like everything is going incredibly slowly, but in a matter of a few weeks, this forum is gonna be dead silent when everyone is out driving.

Hang in there, it'll be over and done quickly.
When is your Plaid due to arrive in Canada?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I got to drive a Plaid for a few minutes, including one (non-Dragstrip-mode) launch. It was so awesome at the time, but now I'm painfully aware of what I'm missing every day as I stare at the part of my reservation screen that used to say "Estimated Delivery: July".

Side note: My wife just told me to take the last 2 days of July off and pack a suitcase for a birthday surprise. This virtually ensures I will get a delivery date then, lol.

That's awesome :) I haven't even seen a refresh in person yet wow lmao