Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. I would trust the magazines if they're not being told what to do. If they are, all bets are off...

Can't wait to see more videos from Brooks on the Plaid once he gets it back from his detailing shop.
I used to be a Car and Driver subscriber for decades, but they really dug their heels in on EVs. While I can support the award the Mach-E just got, that supporting article was just plain embarrassing. They should re-brand themselves Horse and Jockey.

I used to be a Car and Driver subscriber for decades, but they really dug their heels in on EVs. While I can support the award the Mach-E just got, that supporting article was just plain embarrassing. They should re-brand themselves Horse and Jockey.
Yeah, its sad when third-party Youtubers are more reputable, and more trustworthy, than the actual car magazines.

Last edited:
Another odd Tesla algo update today. Went from 7/23-7/30 yesterday to 7/24-7/31 today. Nothing earth shattering but odd and hopeful to get a VIN soon... did anyone who got their VIN's recently have anything like this happen shortly before?
Yes. My dates went from July 1- July 4 to July 2-July 5.
That didn’t seem to matter since the car was dropped on the night of 30th June.
Hope you get yours soon!

I was at a supercharger today and went into the travel stop to get lunch. When I came out a kid (teenager) with his mom was enthusiastically ogling my Plaid. I waved to him as I approached and we had a nice chat. They were charging their M3 a few stalls over. Kid knows more about the car than me I think. He reminded me of a young version of myself.

I took a moment as I was eating my lunch in the car (COVID blah blah) to reflect on how fortunate I am to be able to buy the kind of car that would merely have been a dream for me as a kid. As we deal with the issues with the car, and the company, let's not forget how lucky we are.

I have used Plasti dip and found it easy to use. Just did the chrome logos on my LR. Went with a dark metallic like the rims. Took about thirty minutes start to finish.( just saw tape residue in the picture to remove!)

PXL_20210710_162932089.MP.jpg

Awesome. Nice 1st impressions. Question...you mentioned the suspension almost being "too stiff." What settings did you have that set to and what settings did you feel was best for a good balance of sporty, firm handling without being too bumpy on the streets? My feeling is that I may set the steering to max sportiness/max firmness (unless maneuvering in parking lots) and I typically like the most firm suspension (but don't want to feel every crack and bump on the pavement). Thank you.
I put the suspension settings in Advanced and moved both Damping Settings sliders all the way right:

1. Ride Comfort: all the way Firm
2. Handling: all the way Sport

This is how I would have liked my suspension in my 20s, but at this point it’s too much for street driving for me. On the track this will no doubt come in handy.

Otherwise I think a good balance is when the suspension is set to Auto, as it does a pretty good job of adapting quickly to road conditions (and perhaps driving style?)

I’m not sure what yoke setting i had it in, didn’t mess with that one - @omarsultan do you remember?

I have a bunch of products for leather but none for vegan leather seats. what do you guys use?
Also, I cant seem to figure out how to switch off the screen for rear seats.
Jason from Chicago Auto Pros did a video about how he treated the interior in his own Model 3. I found it pretty helpful and am planning to use these products.

I put the suspension settings in Advanced and moved both Damping Settings sliders all the way right:

1. Ride Comfort: all the way Firm
2. Handling: all the way Sport

This is how I would have liked my suspension in my 20s, but at this point it’s too much for street driving for me. On the track this will no doubt come in handy.

Otherwise I think a good balance is when the suspension is set to Auto, as it does a pretty good job of adapting quickly to road conditions (and perhaps driving style?)

I’m not sure what yoke setting i had it in, didn’t mess with that one - @omarsultan do you remember?
It was in Standard. I find that is a good balance. However, if folks like to palm the wheel/yoke, I'd say comfort is a better choice.

I just got home from test-driving @omarsultan's car and having lunch together - thanks again Omar for letting me drive your car!

We drove through town for a bit then up the hills west of Walnut Creek, CA. Having owned a P85D and a fairly heavily-modified M3P (check my sig), my first impressions are:

1. The yoke is a non-issue, really. It took me less than 2 minutes to get used to the turn signal position and doing >90º maneuvers through town. Like anything, such as going from a stick-shift to a column-mounted shifter, it's just about building the muscle memory over time. I reached for a turn signal stalk just once but quickly got used to the yoke buttons. My only wish is that the yoke was a little narrower, as it's fairly wide (having gotten used to the small M3 wheel) though not as wide as the previous Model S/X wheels.

2. Suspension is highly adjustable, to the point where I thought it was potentially TOO stiff. We drove through some twisty hills and I didn't feel much body roll at all, unlike when I test-drove and first got my M3P (before the mods), so I was glad to see Tesla did a good amount of work on that front. This is potentially a return to the much-vetted "plus" suspension from early years - cc @lolachampcar your might be happy to read this.

3. The interior cabin feels much more refined than any Tesla I've ever been in. The center screen integrates very nicely into the dash (to the point where I think swivel isn't necessary), the armrest is positioned perfectly, and the lack of road noise is just fantastic despite noise cancelling not even being enabled yet. I can't wait to see how it is with ANC on.

4. The software still has a lot of missing features, but I'm fairly confident that will be fixed in v11. I do like the new layout though, and it will be a nice upgrade from the 15" Model 3/Y screens.

I did not launch Omar's car or even accelerate hard in a straight line, since (a) it was not my car, (b) it has been done by so many others already, and (c) this was not my primary concern anyway given what we all know what the car can do.

Again, huge thanks to @omarsultan for being such a graceful TMC member, willing to drive over 2 hours round-trip to meet with me and hand me the driver's seat! And great conversations over lunch, too (not just about Tesla). See you around the forums.
That’s it! I’m moving to the West Coast.

We should've started a new order instead of converting, could've done it before the price increase and had delivery in June rather than being lost in the MPU (monkey processing unit).

Still refreshing though...still refreshing...

View attachment 683319
I actually did. I have a RN11458 Plaid+ convert and a RN11502 (pre 10k increase) and both are August with no VIN. EXACT same spec. The Plaid + better come in first or I will be pissed lol

I have a bunch of products for leather but none for vegan leather seats. what do you guys use?
Also, I cant seem to figure out how to switch off the screen for rear seats.
This is by far the best product I have ever found for Tesla seats. We have multiple Tesla cars with white seats, and this keeps them looking brand new. Removes stains effortlessly.

I just got home from test-driving @omarsultan's car and having lunch together - thanks again Omar for letting me drive your car!

We drove through town for a bit then up the hills west of Walnut Creek, CA. Having owned a P85D and a fairly heavily-modified M3P (check my sig), my first impressions are:

1. The yoke is a non-issue, really. It took me less than 2 minutes to get used to the turn signal position and doing >90º maneuvers through town. Like anything, such as going from a stick-shift to a column-mounted shifter, it's just about building the muscle memory over time. I reached for a turn signal stalk just once but quickly got used to the yoke buttons. My only wish is that the yoke was a little narrower, as it's fairly wide (having gotten used to the small M3 wheel) though not as wide as the previous Model S/X wheels.

2. Suspension is highly adjustable, to the point where I thought it was potentially TOO stiff. We drove through some twisty hills and I didn't feel much body roll at all, unlike when I test-drove and first got my M3P (before the mods), so I was glad to see Tesla did a good amount of work on that front. This is potentially a return to the much-vetted "plus" suspension from early years - cc @lolachampcar your might be happy to read this.

3. The interior cabin feels much more refined than any Tesla I've ever been in. The center screen integrates very nicely into the dash (to the point where I think swivel isn't necessary), the armrest is positioned perfectly, and the lack of road noise is just fantastic despite noise cancelling not even being enabled yet. I can't wait to see how it is with ANC on.

4. The software still has a lot of missing features, but I'm fairly confident that will be fixed in v11. I do like the new layout though, and it will be a nice upgrade from the 15" Model 3/Y screens.

I did not launch Omar's car or even accelerate hard in a straight line, since (a) it was not my car, (b) it has been done by so many others already, and (c) this was not my primary concern anyway given what we all know what the car can do.

Again, huge thanks to @omarsultan for being such a graceful TMC member, willing to drive over 2 hours round-trip to meet with me and hand me the driver's seat! And great conversations over lunch, too (not just about Tesla). See you around the forums.
DAMN, I am in N. Cal (San Jose) for work and I woulda paid to be in the backseat during all that!!! Hell, I would've even bought y'all lunch! lol. I am excited to keep hearing the "pros" and can't wait to get my first Tesla!! Thanks for the info.