Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to correct some often stated misinformation.

Did I drive this morning to two Tesla delivery centers and both had a few Model S (did not get out to look to see if Plaid or otherwise).

In addition, one had a truck that was offloading model Ys as well.

They aren't shipping all new cars to Europe as inventory is still flowing to customers here in the US.

What's crazy is my undergrad degree is Computer Science/Math - then I went to law school. "Back then" when I was finally working full time at 24 I doubt I could have afforded the MSLR scaled down in price to back then - and that was working in Manhattan! I'm scratching my head - where did I go wrong?

It AMAZES me that we have under 30's on this forum buying these cars (hey guys, all the more power to you!) - I sure couldn't do it back then, or if did would have been a strain.
DINK in the midwest makes it a little easier 😆

So - as I mentioned earlier I got my car today. It was delivered to my driveway. No one was home. I went on my ring to see what the delivery truck looked like and car get delivered. Driveway is empty…. Next motion pick up driveway has Tesla in it. No video of truck dropping it off, people unloading it, etc. That’s some twilight zone sugar right there.
See now you're gonna get people fired up about the s****y doorbells not working the way they should. 🤣
My effen doorbell will pickup cars and birds but not a person on my front porch, right in front of the damn door.
A damn FedEx truck drives by my house the doorbell notifies me - A FedEx truck STOPS in front of my house and the driver walks up my driveway and leaves a package by the front door and I got NOTHING!
It's just an annoying thing in my life that likes to wake up my phone for no good reason!!!! 🤷‍♂️

See now you're gonna get people fired up about the s****y doorbells not working the way they should. 🤣
My effen doorbell will pickup cars and birds but not a person on my front porch, right in front of the damn door.
A damn FedEx truck drives by my house the doorbell notifies me - A FedEx truck STOPS in front of my house and the driver walks up my driveway and leaves a package by the front door and I got NOTHING!
It's just an annoying thing in my life that likes to wake up my phone for no good reason!!!! 🤷‍♂️
I have a ring camera that overlooks my driveway (and a doorbell). The one I’m talking about is looking directly at the driveway. The thing picks up squirrel movement. I’m perplexed

Your mistake was going to law school. Don't worry, you aren't alone in making that error.

FWIW, my wife was 28 when we got our Model S. She also made the mistake of law school but she made the right call going into patents.
I didn't think there'd be enough money in programming. I didn't buy Microsoft of Tesla early on. What else can I miss out on? (I couldn't sit for the patent bar unless I took the Civil Engineering exam (which I heard was like impossible) or took 2 years of undergrad bio and chem. Ugh. No patent law for moi! (something I always regretted)

Meanwhile, a buddy of mine who is under 40 is basically retired - chip engineer.

If I could do it again, I might go into Tesla customer support - then I'd get to collect a check with doing nothing, right? Just like unemployment?
(okay, I'll stop T- bashing)

I truly am amazed at the quantity of younger folks buying these - 1) I can only imagine how much more successful these youngins will be in the future! and 2) glad I'm not buying an "old man's" car - my current car is an old man's car.

Years ago, I asked a guy I used for leasing about the ES300 - and he called that an old man's car - I went with an Acura TL and was fairly satisfied with it. (BTW, my dad got the ES300 and I frankly liked it, but certainly not a sporty car).

I think the MS is both sporty and at least somewhat luxurious (the 3 and Y seemed both Zen and spartan to me)
Now if only they'd start delivering those 19" wheels!!!!!

Another date change, today im July 29-Aug 5.... So i added an extra day and moved back a few days in August. Logic!
Somewhere in the background Tom Petty is crooning... "You take it on faith, you take it to the heart".

Love/hate relationship with the anticipation. Probably going to miss it when the car is finally delivered. :oops:

I have a ring camera that overlooks my driveway (and a doorbell). The one I’m talking about is looking directly at the driveway. The thing picks up squirrel movement. I’m perplexed
Right????
I have my doorbell "pointing" down and have the "scan arch" barely covering my porch. But the neighbors 20lb Westie sets if off when he runs over here. I want to break it with a hammer and send it back to Ring with a pic of my middle finger.

What's crazy is my undergrad degree is Computer Science/Math - then I went to law school. "Back then" when I was finally working full time at 24 I doubt I could have afforded the MSLR scaled down in price to back then - and that was working in Manhattan! I'm scratching my head - where did I go wrong?

It AMAZES me that we have under 30's on this forum buying these cars (hey guys, all the more power to you!) - I sure couldn't do it back then, or if did would have been a strain.
I couldn’t do it in my 40s but that’s what you get when you own your own biz and have a money pit for a house.

Pro tips for anyone who cares:

-No kids
-No debt
-Start your own business, even better if it isn't selling a product or capital intensive - as long as you have someone controlling your income, it's harder for it to grow exponentially and, tbh, life sucks
-Live in a state where you aren't robbed blind by taxes every single time you breathe
-Don't live in an area where rent is $5000/month for some shithole 2 bedroom house built in 1950

Again, can't stress this enough: you want that brand new OLED TV that's 65 inches and costs $2500? Great, no problem! You have to put it on a BestBuy credit card because you don't have $2,500 in excess cash? Just wait 6 months until the price drops or consider the fact you're going to be bored with it in 2 weeks after you buy it anyway. This tip is especially for new college grads, who think once they get a $50k or hell, a $90k job right out of school need to go headfirst in: marriage debt, home debt, child debt, furniture debt, clothes debt, electronics debt. etc.

If you're in debt, and that debt isn't being used to make you more money, someone else owns you and you're going to have a ball and chain around your neck until you get rid of it. Best way to be successful a little earlier and with a lot less stress: don't take debt, unless that debt is required for your business or again, used to make you more money.

I didn't think there'd be enough money in programming. I didn't buy Microsoft of Tesla early on. What else can I miss out on? (I couldn't sit for the patent bar unless I took the Civil Engineering exam (which I heard was like impossible) or took 2 years of undergrad bio and chem. Ugh. No patent law for moi! (something I always regretted)

Meanwhile, a buddy of mine who is under 40 is basically retired - chip engineer.

If I could do it again, I might go into Tesla customer support - then I'd get to collect a check with doing nothing, right? Just like unemployment?
(okay, I'll stop T- bashing)

I truly am amazed at the quantity of younger folks buying these - 1) I can only imagine how much more successful these youngins will be in the future! and 2) glad I'm not buying an "old man's" car - my current car is an old man's car.

Years ago, I asked a guy I used for leasing about the ES300 - and he called that an old man's car - I went with an Acura TL and was fairly satisfied with it. (BTW, my dad got the ES300 and I frankly liked it, but certainly not a sporty car).

I think the MS is both sporty and at least somewhat luxurious (the 3 and Y seemed both Zen and spartan to me)
Now if only they'd start delivering those 19" wheels!!!!!

You are going to love your car (whenever you get it). I have some regrets with the X on order because the S is so fun (latest ones even more so) but the latest X is pretty much what we need as a family. So I'm looking at another 6 months or so anyways.

Good luck passing the time in between the childish sniping.

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
You are going to love your car (whenever you get it). I have some regrets with the X on order because the S is so fun (latest ones even more so) but the latest X is pretty much what we need as a family. So I'm looking at another 6 months or so anyways.

Good luck passing the time in between the childish sniping.
The childish sniping is what passes the time.