Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So - as I mentioned earlier I got my car today. It was delivered to my driveway. No one was home. I went on my ring to see what the delivery truck looked like and car get delivered. Driveway is empty…. Next motion pick up driveway has Tesla in it. No video of truck dropping it off, people unloading it, etc. That’s some twilight zone sugar right there.
After it’s clean, please post photos. I need something to drool over besides Zillow after Dark.

Haha! I won’t dare get my hopes up from this lol. Pour some sugar on me.

Ewwww!! Oh wait, that's NOT a forum correction. Carry on 😆

Dragy'd my P100D at 80% with cold battery (and tires, hadn't been driven in a few days) and only netted a 3.3 0-60. Run was invalid due to low satellites. Run felt strong but I have been driving my beater Hyundai Accent with all the rain lately so, yea, that makes sense LOL!

At about the time I wrote this post (Wiki - Model S Delivery Update) I cried to my SA about how I no longer have my primary car to drive and here's his response

"I’ve been checking our system almost everyday in hopes of finding a more specific time frame for your vehicle. Our factory scheduling team politely confirms you are on the priority list each time I reach out to them.
They are working as quickly as humanly possible to provide your and other Plaid+ customer’s their vehicle.
Your patience greatly appreciated."

Hopefully what he says is true and the Plaid+ converts will get our cars soon 🤞🏻
Maybe someone should tell them we’re on a new schedule so Q3 ends in July. That could work!

Life has crept back into my social time...

Have over 2k miles now on it in two weeks. By the end of July, I should be at approx 8k miles and 10 different states.

No new problems - rattle in back gets loud sometimes but cannot pin it down. Taking into service next week - and they have been great on cimmunication with me and asking follow-up. I told them I needed the car back in two days and they said they will fix what they can, diagnosis/order the remainder and finish when I get back from the trip. Actually pretty easy.

Now just finish delivery on the promises (ANC, Sirius, tri-zone, etc.).

Car just keeps giving. Still sold on it 110%.

Even a recent college grad can afford a Model S LR. I do lots of hiring and out of college software developers/engineers are getting 90-95K to start, that was 70-75K just 2 years ago. And thats in podunk midwest. Can only imagine east/west coast wages right now. Plus cost of living doesn't impact car prices, 85K has more/less buying power depending on where you live.

RN11394xxxx here.
Plaid ... Black exterior ... White / Carbon Fiber interior ... 19" wheels.

i ordered the Plaid the moment the configurator went live (the vehicle which was later renamed Plaid+, and then cancelled outright). Before it was cancelled, they called me and asked if i wanted to switch to Plaid to get my car sooner. I said nah, i wanted the extra range and didn't mind waiting for it. A few days later, the Plaid+ was cancelled, and a few days after that, my order automatically converted to a Plaid order. Sigh. Fine. : |

I would have rather had the wood trim instead of the carbon fiber, but making any change to my config appeared to add $10k to the base price of the car (it was giving me the original base price, but updating the config looked like it would change it to the current base price). i decided the trim material wasn't a big deal and i didn't want to risk losing my locked in low base price.

Delivery date has said "July" all along, but that's looking less like an optimistic estimate and more like an outright lie at this point.

i'm really not in any particular hurry, but Tesla's inability to provide an accurate timeline is frustrating and unprofessional, and complicates my summer and fall preparations and planning. i'd just like to know when to (realistically!) expect it.
You struck a cord... My story is exactly as you wrote it - all of it! my RN is just a few behind yours. my car's interior and wheels are also identical to yours.

I'm not Teslaless at the moment - my wonderful 2015 dual motor car is still fantastic after 6 years, and i have a couple of road trips planned too in the next few weeks that my 2015 will still be awesome on.

What irks me about this is Tesla's unprofessionalism wrt their deliveries - was the same in 2015 when I got mine, is still the same. Just gimme a solid time window and I'll work my life around it, but dont do this...

Welp....again the journey continues..... have been all over the place for EDD from blank to aug to blank to aug then 7/28-8/6 and now 7/29-8/10. I am on the east coast so I 100% think if no VIN in the next day or so...This will most likely be near the end of the window IF it even sticks. Nothing matters anyways until there is a VIN
Sounds like the 21 trick isn’t working anymore then :-(

You struck a cord... My story is exactly as you wrote it - all of it! my RN is just a few behind yours. my car's interior and wheels are also identical to yours.

I'm not Teslaless at the moment - my wonderful 2015 dual motor car is still fantastic after 6 years, and i have a couple of road trips planned too in the next few weeks that my 2015 will still be awesome on.

What irks me about this is Tesla's unprofessionalism wrt their deliveries - was the same in 2015 when I got mine, is still the same. Just gimme a solid time window and I'll work my life around it, but dont do this...
Same car here as yours but no FSD.
Also very happy with my 2015 85D, will be selling privately after Plaid delivered. Tesla gave a really lowball trade-in quote.

Delivery has always said "August".

Welp....again the journey continues..... have been all over the place for EDD from blank to aug to blank to aug then 7/28-8/6 and now 7/29-8/10. I am on the east coast so I 100% think if no VIN in the next day or so...This will most likely be near the end of the window IF it even sticks. Nothing matters anyways until there is a VIN
Wood or CF?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Even a recent college grad can afford a Model S LR. I do lots of hiring and out of college software developers/engineers are getting 90-95K to start, that was 70-75K just 2 years ago. And thats in podunk midwest. Can only imagine east/west coast wages right now. Plus cost of living doesn't impact car prices, 85K has more/less buying power depending on where you live.

It depends on your definition of what affording it means. Most people overspend on cars and have very little savings or investments.

I think I just found a cool toy to buy to kill some time while I’m waiting. Never knew RC cars are this fast. Sweeet
I raced off-road RC cars for years in Tucson. The brushless motors were so powerful, even back then, race requirements forced people to only mount one motor in a two mount setup, for fairness. 🤣

What's crazy is my undergrad degree is Computer Science/Math - then I went to law school. "Back then" when I was finally working full time at 24 I doubt I could have afforded the MSLR scaled down in price to back then - and that was working in Manhattan! I'm scratching my head - where did I go wrong?

It AMAZES me that we have under 30's on this forum buying these cars (hey guys, all the more power to you!) - I sure couldn't do it back then, or if did would have been a strain.

What's crazy is my undergrad degree is Computer Science/Math - then I went to law school. "Back then" when I was finally working full time at 24 I doubt I could have afforded the MSLR scaled down in price to back then - and that was working in Manhattan! I'm scratching my head - where did I go wrong?

It AMAZES me that we have under 30's on this forum buying these cars (hey guys, all the more power to you!) - I sure couldn't do it back then, or if did would have been a strain.

Your mistake was going to law school. Don't worry, you aren't alone in making that error.

FWIW, my wife was 28 when we got our Model S. She also made the mistake of law school but she made the right call going into patents.