Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not a fluid mechanics expert but there should already be quite a lot of lift on the roof glass at highway speeds, no?
My last car had an entire glass roof that doubled as a sunroof that could raise up. At highway speeds the wind would cause a negative pressure area, pull the roof up just enough to raise off of the rubber seals, and cause lots of wind noise.

Very nice tip! i do roll down the windows every once a while to help with that but it's not pleasant at anything above 25mph. The fan is a clever idea. Do you have link to the specific one you bought?
Thanks and I really hope it helps! In all seriousness, solving the carsickness problem improved our lives dramatically, as you could imagine.

Regarding which fans I used, I had the one below in the backseat of my old Model S and in the backseat of my wife's Toyota Highlander. In both cars, I sat the fan base on the extended rear seat center cupholder that slides out of the back of the center console. I used zip ties to mount it which sounds goofy, but you couldn't even tell. Amazon.com: TriPole Car Fan Portable Vehicle Fan Dual Head Electric Fan Vehicle Mounted USB Fan 300 Degree Rotation Auto Cooling Fan 3 Speed Strong Wind Desk Fan for Dashboard SUV RV Truck Sedan Home Office: Kitchen & Dining

Since I haven't got my new Model S yet, I'm not sure what fan setup I'm going to use. Given the interior changes of the 2021 Model S, I'm going to have to come up with something that works with the rear screen, etc. The good news is that there are many different designs on Amazon, so I'm hoping that I'll find something that works and is kinda subtle. Please DM me or let me know if you find something that you like. Good luck!

I've posted some photos of their fitment here -

the interesting thing about mats, they protect the floor against stains. but if you stain the floor, can't you just put a new mat over it anyway? at once point i ran with matts to protect my mats (being serious) and then realized I was over doing it...plus they were shifting around.

Last edited:
Is there anyone that has taken delivery that has any info on the hitch situation? I haven't taken off the under-bumper cover on my LR, but I will eventually need a solution for a bike rack. (mountain bike) I've searched all the dark corners of the interwebs, but haven't seen anything about refreshed Model-S solutions.

The owner's manual also has no info.
I thought I saw a link on the EPC site about the hitch, or hitch-ability. and found it - not exactly sure what it is.
1626380205301.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Happy to announce I saw a trailer full of dark color Model S's headed south on the 405 with factory wrap on them.
Truck was at about Nordhoff, so probably headed to Marina Del Rey or south. (not burbank)
Looks to me like CA deliveries are still happening. I was headed north, had no time for a pic.
Now if only they would start a batch of white 😁

The roof glass has the markings for a roof rack like the one available for the earlier models, so I would guess one is in the works. I have always been a bit leery of the seersucker type approach for the glass roof as I'm not sure if it was designed to deal with forces in that direction, but that might be completely unfounded.
Thanks, Omar. I swore it was you that mentioned the roof didn't look like it had the tabs for a roof rack. (I'm probably mistaken) Either way, with the weight of downhill mountain bikes a roof rack is not going to solve my dilemma. It's hitch-mount or nothing. (meaning my truck buddies get to haul my ass around)

Thanks, Omar. I swore it was you that mentioned the roof didn't look like it had the tabs for a roof rack. (I'm probably mistaken) Either way, with the weight of downhill mountain bikes a roof rack is not going to solve my dilemma. It's hitch-mount or nothing. (meaning my truck buddies get to haul my ass around)
I suppose there's trunk mounts, but since my 1996 heavy steel American car, i don't trust the thin aluminum on the back of the cars I've had since...

It was me but @MP3Mike convinced me to take a closer look. The manual doesn't say much, but the mounting marks are on the roof like prior models (just hard to see) so I assume a rack if forthcoming.

It was me but @MP3Mike convinced me to take a closer look. The manual doesn't say much, but the mounting marks are on the roof like prior models (just hard to see) so I assume a rack if forthcoming.
Got it. Thank you, sir! I was just too lazy to look at my own roof. Either way, I'm not letting any of my wacko friends get near the glass roof with a bike. :)

The load limit for the pre-refresh Model S roof rack is 150 pounds. (Which is only 10 pounds less than the limit for a hitch based bike rack on the Model Y.)

• Informative
Another reason I keep this one around, got road and MTB mounts in the bed. But I really hope we get a proper hitch, the MS is a LOT more fun to drive.
2021-07-15T142600.png

the interesting thing about mats, they protect the floor against stains. but if you stain the floor, can't you just put a new mat over it anyway? at once point i ran with matts to protect my mats (being serious) and then realized I was over doing it...plus they were shifting around.
Yeah you could put new mats to hide the stain but deep down inside you'll *know* that the stain is there...lurking, mocking you at every turn...in your otherwise pristine car! It'll be like the day 1 door ding I refuse to acknowledge. If I don't see it, it's not really there! 🤣