Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re going to use the FSD, then it was probably a good move to add it.
I’m probably in the minority here since I have zero interest in FSD. I’m buying a plaid to drive the car, not so the car can drive me.
Edit: I’d like to try the subscription to see how the FSD works. My P100D had autopilot 1.0 so never tried FSD.
I kinda agree. Originally skipped the fsd though there are features I think I’d like, summon and park (if they work properly) better visualizations (I think you get more stuff on the display) and polarizing responses here and elsewhere, so folks love it, some don’t.
I know if I skipped it, I’d likely activate and later and pay more.
i drove home last night tired around midnight and my current car’s driver features are meh, I drifted a little, etc., I think the MS would have kept me in lane better, etc., and fsd maybe better than that.

$200 is a decent price if you drive a ton on the highway for road trips. I have no idea why anyone would pay $10K for this.

One of the most anti consumer things Tesla does is not allowing for the transfer of fsd to another car. With the tech being far from close to usable as true FSD, they punish people who buy it. Doesn't make sense. Hope Elon changes his stance.
And they pay way less than wholesale for Tesla trades (to people that do not know any better)
Seeing a trend with how they treat returning chumps (customers)?

Actually if you are going to use FSD for the whole lease period, getting FSD as part of the lease is cheaper. (For example it only costs $126/month to add FSD to a Model Y lease, or $151/month on the Model S.)
Good analysis! However, I like the option for monthly in the winter climates, as would not be using FSD as often then, at least I do not think so and then you come out ahead if monthly and leasing.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
$200 is a decent price if you drive a ton on the highway for road trips. I have no idea why anyone would pay $10K for this.

One of the most anti consumer things Tesla does is not allowing for the transfer of fsd to another car. With the tech being far from close to usable as true FSD, they punish people who buy it. Doesn't make sense. Hope Elon changes his stance.
Once FSD is working well and more widespread knowledge about it occurs, people selling their vehicle with FSD should get higher resale value from it. Granted, won’t be as much value as FSD license transfer, but may help some.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why you want it for trips, just regular autopilot will get me over 500 miles down I-5 with almost no interventions. It the tedious daily commute I would most want it for.
I work from home. And by the time I get done with work and need to drive somewhere, I want to just drive the car.

But on road trips navigating through busy cities, I’d use AP.

I do agree that standard lane keeping is probably good for the majority of the road trip.

Okay. I just checked. It doesn’t show it for me for either music or podcasts. I went into Bluetooth settings on my iPhone and noticed one can now specify device type and I changed it from blank (hey just like my delivery date!) to Car Stereo and that made no difference.

What phone/car/software set up do you have? I’m running v10.2 (2020.48.37.6) up to date as of 7/17 6:45a ET. It’s a 2015 P90D and an iPhone 12 max pro with iOS public beta 2.
I previously had a 2019 Model S LR and it worked with my iPhone 12 latest iOS. Though I was on newer Tesla software, 2021.4. That might be it. Do not remember which software brought the feature, but it’s definitely there.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid