Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does the cost of the EV and owning solar panels correlate? We have looked at them and it is not the cost that is the deciding factor against it.
If you can afford a $100,000 car(and lose a lot of its value in the first 5 years) I am not sure how you say you can’t afford solar that will pay itself off in 7-10 years(in most cases). What was the payback period to make you decide it was not worth it?

Your argument posted earlier to another member on TMC this year (copied above) is I think what doubleshot is referencing. The member decided he had enough of Tesla and went back to his ICE vehicle - which we all understood but did not necessarily agree. I am all for saving the planet and have personally (and corporately) stepped up quite a bit. However, I am not part of your agenda of condescending self-righteousness. This is how you deal with people that do not fully agree with you - but not me.

You have some good points and obviously great intentions. So we are not so far off from each other.

Getting a Tesla - even if not for the planet - is still going to benefit the planet. Other items will follow as well for most. No need to berate people into your camp.
While some points are good points, I think the issue is the extremism. You can’t fully swing in one direction, without a gradual transition, without experiencing some sort of consequence. Animal overpopulation is a real issue as well.

If you can afford a $100,000 car(and lose a lot of its value in the first 5 years) I am not sure how you say you can’t afford solar that will pay itself off in 7-10 years(in most cases). What was the payback period to make you decide it was not worth it?

I did not say I could not afford it. I stated that cost was not the deciding factor. Not arguing the merit of the panels - actually a good idea if they work out for a person.

Hey everyone!

been out for about 8 days (was in Napa celebrating my 40th birthday). Unfortunately, I did not get a birthday present from Tesla and am still stuck on "July". Being that I'm in south florida, it's the 18th, and I have no VIN, I'm starting to think it isn't gonna pan out.

Quick question...as I don't want to go back through 80-100 pages, anyone run a quarter mile on the LR yet? Still curious what they're running

thanks....let the misery resume.
This post has it.

Has anyone who ordered a car with old pricing actually tried to talk to a sales advisor about changing an order option like 19” to 21” wheels without incurring the new adjusted $5k base price?

I understand that if you adjust it online it will add the $5k but curious if anyone has actually talked to an SA for a work around?
Yes. No one can give you the old pricing, even the folks adjusting orders in Fremont.

Same thing happened to me. Had July for a few weeks, then blank over the weekend. Mine order is Red, White + CF, 21”

Wider for better traction is a misconception for any season. It has validity to a point, a very fine point. But in the winter you want a narrow(er) tire to cut through the snow and slush so it does not float on top of it, due to the large surface area.
I agree, and more weight per in of contact patch.

Just a few years (3-5) as we will probably be relocating.
Solar does increase the value of your house. I paid $8000 for our solar and am saving $1200 a year. In less than 7 years it will free electricity for the next 20 years. If I move out now the house(per my agent) is worth $4800 more counting solar. At that rate I would be ahead if I stayed in the house only 3 years after installing solar.

Solar does increase the value of your house. I paid $8000 for our solar and am saving $1200 a year. In less than 7 years it will free electricity for the next 20 years. If I move out now the house(per my agent) is worth $4800 more counting solar. At that rate I would be ahead if I stayed in the house only 3 years after installing solar.

If I can ask a personal question - how many kwh do you use a month?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
If I can ask a personal question - how many kwh do you use a month?
Not very personal 😉. We have a heat pump so most of out kWh usage is in the winter using our net metering credits. If your utility does not have net metering then it makes it much harder for solar up here in the colder climates. During the summer we use around 400 kWh. I have a short commute so charging our two EV’s does not have a big impact. There are also several malls with free charging so my wife rarely plugs in at home. Here is our usage from last year.

Attachments

• 1C98FC90-BC17-40FC-88F8-2C96ECDFDB78.jpeg
    1C98FC90-BC17-40FC-88F8-2C96ECDFDB78.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 54
I bet those CA peeps are going to pay sales tax on the subscription. Lots of states require sales tax on online subscriptions. We're lucky enough to live in GA where we don't do crazy things like that 🤣🤣
Hi @doubleshot CA does not charge sales tax on subscriptions or on software licenses that are downloaded. So if you buy the $10K FSD license at delivery, you are charged tax since it was physically delivered. Also, the registration renewal is higher if purchased with the car. If it is licensed and download later it is not taxable in CA. The state has been very consistent on this issue for more than 20 years.

I have FSD on my order, but thinking of taking it off at delivery and then buying afterward (full license). But it may be that the license fee will go up by then. I wouldn't remove it until time of delivery though.

I have FSD on my order, but thinking of taking it off at delivery and then buying afterward (full license). But it may be that the license fee will go up by then. I wouldn't remove it until time of delivery though.
Do you know if Tesla would then charge you the higher price because the “change” you made before delivery? Since it’s just software being turned off, I would assume no, but you know what they say about assuming anything about Tesla pricing/delivery/customer service. :cool:

been out for about 8 days (was in Napa celebrating my 40th birthday). Unfortunately, I did not get a birthday present from Tesla and am still stuck on "July". Being that I'm in south florida, it's the 18th, and I have no VIN, I'm starting to think it isn't gonna pan out.
I feel your pain. Actually I've been feeling it since my birthday at the end of March. Soldier on...

No delivery date.