Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I predicted, my EDD is back to blank today. No idea what it means (if anything) but this is now a trend. On Saturday morning, my EDD will display a date range. On Sunday morning the date range will disappear and turn blank for the week. This is now two weeks in a row of this behavior. (It could be three weeks, but I didn’t check it three Saturday’s ago)

Anyone else see this with their accounts? I.e. consistent changes on specific days?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
As I predicted, my EDD is back to blank today. No idea what it means (if anything) but this is now a trend. On Saturday morning, my EDD will display a date range. On Sunday morning the date range will disappear and turn blank for the week. This is now two weeks in a row of this behavior. (It could be three weeks, but I didn’t check it three Saturday’s ago)

Anyone else see this with their accounts? I.e. consistent changes on specific days?
It may have something to do with the hold. If Tesla does not know how long the hold will be there is no way to calculate an EDD.

Pure specu
Call came in from Delivery Center... Delivery appointment for tomorrow has been delayed - per them a hold has been put on all new Model S's - something to do with software... The poor guy was very apologetic and transparent about the fact they had "limited information" regarding the reason for the "hold." He said they hope to deliver in a few days and will know more Tuesday... Anyone else hearing this?? Marina del Rey Delivery Center...
pure speculation on my part, maybe different chips requiring different firmware due to the shortage. If they can update over the air then delivery may slow a few days, but hopefully production and transport can continue.
i tried buying 2 cars for my kids yesterday, jeep and Mazda were apologetic, nearly no cars of certain models, no idea when coming, and believe a year to normalize.
so…if Tesla can work around with some coding, all the more power to them.
software wise, this a.m. before my forum check, I wondered why they didn’t fix all the software bugs. This is my prediction, have the teams work on firmware for 10 different types of substitute chips.
just my .02

This gets fired up about once week. Tonight was fajitas, steaks, chicken and wings
Come on people--get smarter, stat. Science doesn't care what you know or believe, and the reason Tesla exists is to reduce the risk of us not having a usable planet, so stop with the charred animal flesh; detailed facts here:

Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.

"Livestock's Long Shadow: environmental issues and options". Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome 2006

Yeah, I get it: it's not what your parents taught you/reinforced in your brain three times a day, every day, for almost two decades. Be smarter and better informed than your parents.​

December 2020 order: MC Red/White/19's, still no VIN . . .

Come on people--get smarter, stat. Science doesn't care what you know or believe, and the reason Tesla exists is to reduce the risk of us not having a usable planet, so stop with the charred animal flesh; detailed facts here:

Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.

"Livestock's Long Shadow: environmental issues and options". Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome 2006

Yeah, I get it: it's not what your parents taught you/reinforced in your brain three times a day, every day, for almost two decades. Be smarter and better informed than your parents.

Some of us bought the car for its performance not for an environmental agenda. While I'm interested in this stuff we could do without a big propaganda dump in this thread. We get OT enough as it is.

Brooks with DTs is going to weight them for us.
I'll be doing a complete tire/wheel weight breakdown in addition to suspension (especially camber) analysis with pics when I get my car.

Based on AMGF's wheel/tire weights plus the Mich web site
Front rims weigh 60-28.2 or 31.8 lbs
Rear rims weigh 65.4 - 30 or 35.4 lbs

These are of course for the only wheel/tires currently being delivered Arachnid 21s

If accurate, there is a lot of ride quality, handling, accelerating and braking performance to be had using aftermarket rims. A lot of the flow formed rims provide significantly lower weights and still come in less than $4,500 inclusive of Sport 4S tires and TPMS. It's a shame Tesla can not get the 19" fitment sorted so owners can buy better performing rims with their $4,500.

I put these on my 2015 for a 10 lb per corner savings and for just over half the $4,500 Tesla option price.
Does anyone know if the original Arachnids (forged) will fit the new MS without issue? I'm guessing there may be an offset difference which could be resolved with a spacer, and what about the wheel widths?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Yeah, I get it: it's not what your parents taught you/reinforced in your brain three times a day, every day, for almost two decades. Be smarter and better informed than your parents.

I mean. I cooked a small farm last night. That has to be helping. Right?

Some of us bought the car for its performance not for an environmental agenda. While I'm interested in this stuff we could do without a big propaganda dump in this thread. We get OT enough as it is.
Yes, how silly of me to have an "agenda" of wanting to keep life viable on our only planet--please forgive my stupidity in such a quest. Just "Don't worry, be happy!" instead.

Elon Musk's "agenda" is just dumb too:

The point of all this was, and remains, accelerating the advent of sustainable energy, so that we can imagine far into the future and life is still good. That's what "sustainable" means. It's not some silly, hippy thing -- it matters for everyone.

By definition, we must at some point achieve a sustainable energy economy or we will run out of fossil fuels to burn and civilization will collapse. Given that we must get off fossil fuels anyway and that virtually all scientists agree that dramatically increasing atmospheric and oceanic carbon levels is insane, the faster we achieve sustainability, the better.

[truncated]

So here's a tip: as soon as your brain wants to use the word "agenda," ask yourself, "Why do I resist the facts that challenge a grossly inaccurate world view with such vigor?"

So buy more Teslas, and solar panels, and stop putting so much GHG-dumping on your fork--that's the best solution. (And getting Tesla to deliver more MS's would be nice . . . .)

Consistently blank. Every day. 😀

FYI - I posted this in another thread but this was the plaid running the 9.14 at 154.6 last night at my local track. Probably saved a couple hundred pounds.
FB_IMG_1626585750963.jpg

Does anyone know if the original Arachnids (forged) will fit the new MS without issue? I'm guessing there may be an offset difference which could be resolved with a spacer, and what about the wheel widths?
If you are curious, you can go to https://www.willtheyfit.com and enter the data for the new and pre-refresh 21s to get an answer. Many thanks to T&W for the link. #43,904

I'm sure others here might be interested in the answer.

I'm thinking I'll just sell my refresh 21s and try to recoup some of the unwanted price adder.

Hey everyone!

been out for about 8 days (was in Napa celebrating my 40th birthday). Unfortunately, I did not get a birthday present from Tesla and am still stuck on "July". Being that I'm in south florida, it's the 18th, and I have no VIN, I'm starting to think it isn't gonna pan out.

Quick question...as I don't want to go back through 80-100 pages, anyone run a quarter mile on the LR yet? Still curious what they're running

thanks....let the misery resume.

Yes, how silly of me to have an "agenda" of wanting to keep life viable on our only planet--please forgive my stupidity in such a quest. Just "Don't worry, be happy!" instead.

Elon Musk's "agenda" is just dumb too:

The point of all this was, and remains, accelerating the advent of sustainable energy, so that we can imagine far into the future and life is still good. That's what "sustainable" means. It's not some silly, hippy thing -- it matters for everyone.

By definition, we must at some point achieve a sustainable energy economy or we will run out of fossil fuels to burn and civilization will collapse. Given that we must get off fossil fuels anyway and that virtually all scientists agree that dramatically increasing atmospheric and oceanic carbon levels is insane, the faster we achieve sustainability, the better.

[truncated]

So here's a tip: as soon as your brain wants to use the word "agenda," ask yourself, "Why do I resist the facts that challenge a grossly inaccurate world view with such vigor?"

So buy more Teslas, and solar panels, and stop putting so much GHG-dumping on your fork--that's the best solution. (And getting Tesla to deliver more MS's would be nice . . . .)
So maybe we should start a 19” vegetarian thread as well?

Call came in from Delivery Center... Delivery appointment for tomorrow has been delayed - per them a hold has been put on all new Model S's - something to do with software... The poor guy was very apologetic and transparent about the fact they had "limited information" regarding the reason for the "hold." He said they hope to deliver in a few days and will know more Tuesday... Anyone else hearing this?? Marina del Rey Delivery Center...
Exactly the story I got yesterday when my appt was pushed out a week. At first I thought it was just my car, but sounds like this is a general problem. My car is detailed and ready to go at the Palm Springs SC. Heard it is likely software, which makes more sense if all are affected.