Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No tax on Netflix for me, but the subscription to FSD shows up as 218.65 $
Confirmed. CA company. CA sales tax. Though Netflix is not a CA company. Maybe that's why not sales tax. California wants to charge exit tax. So sorry I'm not skeptical on CA charging tax on everything

Just curious DoubleShot, what made you so anti-solar??
Who said I'm anti solar? I'm not. I cannot do it in my HOA and plus solar doesn't pay itself off like everyone is claiming. It takes certain political environments and electric companies that allow you to sell back to pay off that quickly. That being said. I cannot. I live with an HOA where panels aren't allowed. So. No. I'm not doing solar. And solar still requires great manufacturing effort that to save the planet doesn't exist either.

Exactly the story I got yesterday when my appt was pushed out a week. At first I thought it was just my car, but sounds like this is a general problem. My car is detailed and ready to go at the Palm Springs SC. Heard it is likely software, which makes more sense if all are affected.
Glad to hear it's not just me ;-)

Wow, don’t even know where to start. Accepting Jesus is a show of faith, the warming climate is a matter of fact. Can’t you want to drive a cool car and want to save the planet?? Driving my Tesla has no impact on the grid, I have solar. I really have a hard time understanding why someone would have a $100,000 EV and not have solar(unless, of course you are living in a condo/appt). I put in solar 4 years ago and it is over 75% paid off, and I live above the 45th. Finally, I grew up on a cattle ranch, hard to admit but after standing in the middle of a hundred Hereford’s I can personally attest on how much methane they produce.
I was using as an example. You yelling either way doesn't make it fact. Planet vs jesus. Nether is fact. Plenty of scientists, actual scientists, disagree with each other on global warming. Politicians will have you believe the world is ending in 10 years. They've said this for the last 30 years. Shhhh. Your logic is around money. Money doesn't cause one not to get solar. Solar doesn't have incentives in every state. Solar doesn't work as well in non sun saturated states. Solar has environmental issues of its own for manufacturing. Solar mostly is cells produced from china.

Look. Whatever you want to do is fine. I'm a personal believer we change our planet too quickly and it's devistating. Earth adapts with slow change, earth suffers with dramatic change. We're causing more harm than good by thinking we can control things. Earth goes through cycles. As much as we want to ignore history.

That moment when you realize there’s a 250 v outlet in the garage!
Will the 10-30 Gen 2 adapter work on this outlet? Anything else to keep in mind?
@omarsultan help appreciated.
View attachment 685726
Looks like a NEMA 10-30R -- should say something like that on the outlet. There is a UMC adaptor in the Tesla store--identified at 10-30.

O

I almost did a dumb thing and changed my order to remove FSD. Which would’ve likely delayed me past even September. Then I realized, I can wait until I get closer to delivery and cancel it. I have it on my Y at $10,000, with the subscription, and no way city FSD rolls out any time soon (ie my bet is it’s over a year away), I’ll take the subscription.

And I am on topic as both my S and X say September. No updates for over a month.
I agree with waiting. However, I called up my local showroom and asked if removing FSD would result in a re-pricing of the vehicle. They said it would. Has anyone else received a different answer?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Come on people--get smarter, stat. Science doesn't care what you know or believe, and the reason Tesla exists is to reduce the risk of us not having a usable planet, so stop with the charred animal flesh; detailed facts here:

Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.

"Livestock's Long Shadow: environmental issues and options". Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rome 2006

Yeah, I get it: it's not what your parents taught you/reinforced in your brain three times a day, every day, for almost two decades. Be smarter and better informed than your parents.

December 2020 order: MC Red/White/19's, still no VIN . . .
Excellent point. This is explains why there is so much smog in cities like Los Angeles. All those damn ranchers in places like downtown LA.