Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it's based on the build and i was told that the car which were out of production line in last one week to 10 days which were in transit to delivery centers last week were asked to keep on HOLD by engineering team.. appx 2000 Model S cars.
I’m in this camp. Had delivery scheduled for this past Sunday but when I showed up I was told it was there but in “containment” until further notice - no other details.

Where’d you get your info? Any idea what the issue is or when it’ll be solved? My SA knows nothing (or won’t say).

So frustrating to finally get to my delivery date, see the car, then have the rug pulled out from under me! When will delivery hell end!?

Things that make me go hmm … another 10lbs off each corner!

The aluminum hats on those rotors will reduce unsprung weight (improving the ratio of sprung to unsprung weight) and thus aid in handling.

Given the weight reduction is nearest the center of rotation, these rotors will not do much for reducing rotational inertia and increasing acceleration/deceleration performance.

The neat thing about using rims to reduce weight is that most of the reduction is in the outer rim portion which contributes greatly to reduced rotational inertia. Carbon rims take this to the extreme with most using alloy centers and carbon outer rim sections.

On the subject of brake disks.
It would seem there is a market for producing hats (the center aluminum rotor carrier) and pairing them with disks from Performance Friction or Brembo. You get the best of both worlds with the weight reduction and a known dependable disk manufacturer.

I used to have a few in my previous life :)

The aluminum hats on those rotors will reduce unsprung weight (improving the ratio of sprung to unsprung weight) and thus aid in handling.

Given the weight reduction is nearest the center of rotation, these rotors will not do much for reducing rotational inertia and increasing acceleration/deceleration performance.

The neat thing about using rims to reduce weight is that most of the reduction is in the outer rim portion which contributes greatly to reduced rotational inertia. Carbon rims take this to the extreme with most using alloy centers and carbon outer rim sections.
If I’m able to, I think I’ll go both the rims and these rotors (if they’re a fit)… the Carbon rims actually take off 15lbs per corner :) learnt that from the rep at Unplugged Perf. But I’m not sure I want to spend another 10k for the carbon and the 3-4lbs per wheel

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

tu quoque​

You avoided having to engage with criticism by turning it back on the accuser - you answered criticism with criticism.​

Pronounced too-kwo-kweh. Literally translating as 'you too' this fallacy is also known as the appeal to hypocrisy. It is commonly employed as an effective red herring because it takes the heat off someone having to defend their argument, and instead shifts the focus back on to the person making the criticism.

Example: Nicole identified that Hannah had committed a logical fallacy, but instead of addressing the substance of her claim, Hannah accused Nicole of committing a fallacy earlier on in the conversation.

Or perhaps:

no true scotsman​

You made what could be called an appeal to purity as a way to dismiss relevant criticisms or flaws of your argument.​

In this form of faulty reasoning one's belief is rendered unfalsifiable because no matter how compelling the evidence is, one simply shifts the goalposts so that it wouldn't apply to a supposedly 'true' example. This kind of post-rationalization is a way of avoiding valid criticisms of one's argument.

Example: Angus declares that Scotsmen do not put sugar on their porridge, to which Lachlan points out that he is a Scotsman and puts sugar on his porridge. Furious, like a true Scot, Angus yells that no true Scotsman sugars his porridge.
Pulling sophomoric quotes from a philosophy book doesn't change the fact that you are a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy​

Description​

Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another or the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one's own expressed moral rules and principles.​

Email from my SA today. My car is in the planning phase! Yes, I will get excited about that. The EDD has been populated with a 1week interval but slipped a day or so every day this week. Like 26Jul-6Aug, then 30Jul-6Aug, 31Jul-1Aug etc. Either way it is getting close! Fingers crossed.

Also, is anyone verifying the PLAID has three motors or are we taking Elon at his word on that? Just sayin…if the LR had like a Plaid mode upgrade or something. You can laugh, just laugh after we count motors…
well, my SA does not give two shits about my order and completely ignores all of my communication attempts. Who are these SAs that are going out of their way to find out if your car is in "production planning" or "slotted for production" lol good for you guys :rolleyes:

well, my SA does not give two shits about my order and completely ignores all of my communication attempts. Who are these SAs that are going out of their way to find out if your car is in "production planning" or "slotted for production" lol good for you guys :rolleyes:
I loved and unloved this so I could love it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!