Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that also in the video; it seemed like you were having to work to keep it straight. This wasn't the case in other videos I've seen.
I'm wondering if the car was limiting power due to the surface. Did it feel that way to you?
That makes as much sense as anything--I'll have to go look at the video for my other runs--something was certainly up. I'll have to go look at the video for my practice runs.

Now I kinda feel bad about talking smack about my stretch of backroad--that was giving my consistent 2.3s. :)

That makes as much sense as anything--I'll have to go look at the video for my other runs--something was certainly up. I'll have to go look at the video for my practice runs.

Now I kinda feel bad about talking smack about my stretch of backroad--that was giving my consistent 2.3s. :)
Lol! The surface was the culprit when @bmt00 was having issues with his Plaid launching softly. Turns out the road was bumpy, and so the car was limiting power to get as much traction as possible. The surface might end up being the issue here for your runs as well.🙂

Lol! The surface was the culprit when @bmt00 was having issues with his Plaid launching softly. Turns out the road was bumpy, and so the car was limiting power to get as much traction as possible. The surface might end up being the issue here for your runs as well.🙂
I also kinda feel bad bitching about 2.7 🤣

it's clear that your SA was overrun by crickets and is possible dead, desiccated, and eaten by them. I hear crickets are a great protein source, they may hear the same things about Tesla SA's.

Fried crickets are actually....crunchy.

Back from the detail shop, 25% ceramic tint and 2 coats of ceramicpro, lookin good. Now if only the software worked, hopefully fixed after service next week.
View attachment 686734
View attachment 686735

Usually not a fan of white, but man, this is sweet!

For sure, I actually like that because they were not noticeable what so ever before unless you pressed on them. What they really need to do is give more functionality to the scroll wheel on the right side, it does nothing but auto pilot, which i dont use much. I'd rather have that wheel control the Ac and stuff. It's too much of a pain to use the touch screen for that.

So you can no longer change what the right wheel does (temp, fan speed, etc.)?

Have you guys seen "Estimated Delivery" line completely gone???? gave me a window before than only the month afterwards. Now the whole line is gone..
View attachment 686807

Ugh.....what I've been seeing since 9/22......

Oh, and that Draggy times ICE sound on exterior speakers....Good god, that made poor car sound 'sick'. Not a nice, wow sick, but a 'this gas fueled piece of crap is dying' sick. :)

Yup. Sums up pretty perfectly.

You forgot about all the fun at the beginning. Factory permits, speculation, two weeks till production starts (in Feb), FSD beta button, delivery holds now happening, flyovers for just a peak, SAs giving no information more than what you can see on the website, multiple credit checks, cars sold based on early delivery dates, ohhh the roller coaster Tesla has taken peeps.
I did that coaster ride in 2012 so this time I just sat in the Plaid+ back of the bus all happy that my car would come soon in Elon time. Spoilers - Soon in Elon time is do not bother checking your my Tesla page.

But then came the switch to Plaid and we will deliver your car THIS month. Ok. I saw the shiny gold hook suspending the shrimp. I knew better. It did not help. I bit. Yep, the hook still hurts.

I did that coaster ride in 2012 so this time I just sat in the Plaid+ back of the bus all happy that my car would come soon in Elon time. Spoilers - Soon in Elon time is do not bother checking your my Tesla page.

But then came the switch to Plaid and we will deliver your car THIS month. Ok. I saw the shiny gold hook suspending the shrimp. I knew better. It did not help. I bit. Yep, the hook still hurts.
Wait. Are we the same person? When did I move to Florida?

Yup I was content to wait until August for carbon fiber but the SA called and said "We could get your car to you earlier if you switch to wood." I was hooked, believed in June delivery, yet here we are with my delivery date in August anyway...

View attachment 686823
I just wanna point out that after several months, after waiting on a VIN, after waiting on a delivery date, after waiting on my advisor to actually talk to me, after ceaselessly, endlessly checking my account page, it finally happened......I actually, FINALLY replied to post #52,451 before @2021plaid. My life is complete. That is all.
But did you "Like" it before he did?