Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I also wondered if something in the 12.25.2 changed performance characteristics, so I went out and ran the car again on my favorite stretch of road. The left run is from last week (7/20). The last firmware update was applied on 7/26.
Hi @omarsultan, since your Plaid has the DeLorean powers of time travel and you’re reporting from next week, can you share how Wall Street reacted to Tesla’s earnings? Anything else we should know? ;)

My vin be like:

1627018485255.gif

Hi @omarsultan, since your Plaid has the DeLorean powers of time travel and you’re reporting from next week, can you share how Wall Street reacted to Tesla’s earnings? Anything else we should know? ;)
LOL - good catch. The left, pre-update run was from 7/10 and my FW was updated on 7/19 -- I updated the post

Nope. When I was placing an order a month ago it's been showing August. After the order has been placed - July. This is 1st time I can see September there.

1627023847382.png

"To PPF or not to PPF... that is the question"

The sitch:
- First time mom of a car I absolutely adore (her name is Contessa, and she's a bad ass!)
- I keep my cars well until their teenage years. No leasing here.
- Live in SoCal with temps regularly >100F in summer
- Contessa lives in a garage, but has to stay outside in the sun while mommy is at work
- My daily driver for city streets, LA freeways, from beach / SF / LA / desert and local mountains. Unlikely out of state or cold weather, but lots of semi trucks on freeways and nasty dusty winds (and smoke and dust from our wildfires and Santa Ana winds).

For sure I'm planning ceramic and window tints, but really interested in the forum's recommendations for:
  1. Would you recommend PPF in my case? Full front? Those of you who do ceramic only -- why did you pass on PPF?
  2. What amount of tint? I have MSM with cream interior, so may be able to push it a little. (I like @omarsultan's idea of equal 55% throughout to keep the California po-po from getting interested in my out-of-spec front window but would love to hear other folks' ideas)
  3. What products are y'all recommending
  4. And probably most important: Who can I trust in SoCal to take care of my baby? (IE preferred, but willing to drive)

Tesla can and has done surreptitious changes to cars. They've also done a lot more positive things but their general attitude is that we own the car but only license the software from them. They mess with the software and it's mostly good but sometimes bad.
The closer I am getting to delivery (as a first time Tesla owner) the more I realize I have just switched my ex-Aqqle fanboy emotions from the past to a new manufacturer that simply allows you to use their product while maintaining full ownership. Oh the woe ! Yet I still check for my EDD every day :)

VIN! 4366xx EDD: August

View attachment 687126
2.5-3 months AFTER my order.

Sir, I would like to personally welcome you to the club. The "Leo hates me" lounge is getting full. Please help yourself to some hors D'oeuvres. The pate is marvelous.

Congrats on your VIN....i hate you.

My friend @doubleshot has motivated me to post why I'm not comfortable with zero communication out of Tesla regarding the "engineering hold"... enjoy:

My pack has a bad cell “brick” (group of cells) that won’t stay balanced, and goes WAY WAY WAY out of balance under even minor acceleration. brick number 86 (of 110) almost certainly has a problem. I have CAN bus logs and can show this abnormal behavior.

We have also seen an instance where a brand new pack was replaced. Know what kind of problem leads to the charge limit he saw and generally require a replacement? Unbalanced voltages in battery packs.

Know what else unbalanced packs can do? Catch fire.

Maybe the BMS compensates for this and I'll just need a replacement pack sooner. Maybe it compensates so well that it will never matter. Maybe I'll get a new pack next week. The issue here is that I have symptoms of something troubling and Tesla has stopped delivering the exact car I own for some unknown reason. So yeah, I would appreciate some clarification on why there is an 'engineering hold'.
So why isn't it at Tesla Service with all your fancy detective work?

Again, you're going off the rails with your worry. Sounds like you just want your car to be bad. Take it to the service center and have it fixed since you obviously are a Tesla engineer.