Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed that Plaid 19 has 396 mi EPA range... Now it’s Tesla Model S LR Plaid Hold Edition?…
So now Tesla is stating that the difference between the 19 inch and 21 inch rims on the plaid is 48 more miles epa rating. But they did not change the rating yet on the long range. I don’t see any reason that it should not be a 48 mile difference on the long range also. This would put the long range in the 423 mile range.

So now Tesla is stating that the difference between the 19 inch and 21 inch rims on the plaid is 48 more miles epa rating. But they did not change the rating yet on the long range. I don’t see any reason that it should not be a 48 mile difference on the long range also. This would put the long range in the 423 mile range.
You’d think. Doesn’t make much sense to call it the LR if it’s only 9 more miles of range. At that point it’s just the Model S and Model S Plaid.

So why isn't it at Tesla Service with all your fancy detective work?

Again, you're going off the rails with your worry. Sounds like you just want your car to be bad. Take it to the service center and have it fixed since you obviously are a Tesla engineer.
Having done battery pack design with LiOn cells, you may want to re-read his post carefully. The limited information provided is actually a significant cause for concern and the conclusions drawn perfectly reasonable.

Just Say'n. this one is not out to lunch

Anyone accounts show this new agreement section? I have not seen this before ever when purchasing any of our pervious Tesla’s

Attachments

• D5822246-EF39-4D3B-9ACB-928A9F0B5B0F.jpeg
    D5822246-EF39-4D3B-9ACB-928A9F0B5B0F.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 80
Ohhh maybe I should go check and see if my car is there.
If you want my advice, I wouldn't, you'll just get pissed off. I walked into the Rockville SC yesterday (because my calls and emails were ignored of course) and they lied right to my face! Told me there was no issue, all deliveries were on schedule and nothing to worry about. Less than an hour later, one of our friends here on the forum called and was told about the hold.

Oh and all the MS's are inside.

If you want my advice, I wouldn't, you'll just get pissed off. I walked into the Rockville SC yesterday (because my calls and emails were ignored of course) and they lied right to my face! Told me there was no issue, all deliveries were on schedule and nothing to worry about. Less than an hour later, one of our friends here on the forum called and was told about the hold.

Oh and all the MS's are inside.
I haven’t called them not one time yet about delivery. You know, but everything worked out, so I’m ready to take delivery as of next Friday. Was able to move to things around and get back then. Thanks for telling me they’re inside, won’t waste time driving down there.

Reactions: JimLL