Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any “specific” dead bodies or just in general? 😅😅

What rule is that? I don’t live there but have some certain type of feelings for commonwealths and it’s one.

"...under Virginia law, the practice of compensating people who are not licensed by the state to sell cars -- known in the industry as “bird-dogging” -- is illegal."

Last edited:
Add that to the list or ridiculous laws in the US 😅😅
The two that (vehicle wise) are the dumbest to me:
- Virgina being the ONLY state where Radar Detectors are illegal
- Tint laws that allow SUV's coming from the factory to have dark rear/dark rear side windows, but make it illegal for a car to get that exact same level of tint/same windows, tinted. Why? "safety of officers approaching the car". Im guessing criminals are never driving SUV's?

Why are there two different 19” tire options? There is no way to specify summer/all seasons in the vehicle configurator.

Is Tesla assigning these based on delivery region? That seems like an incredibly needless manufacturing complication.
I can’t speak to whether or not this is true, but my SA assured me I’d be getting AS 19” here in PA.

Question to those of you that are trading in cars or selling your current 2018 MS D100. Do you think it is worth my getting this dent repaired be for sell it or just sell it for less? I openedView attachment 688013 the door on my son's bike last year. The dent is right on the bend. Thanks for your opinions.

Regarding the dent, you can probably fix it yourself. I’ve watched lots of videos on the topic and I’ve fixed/repaired quite a few dents, imperfections, curb rash etc. it doesn’t look very serious so you can probably get it to look a lot better even if it’s not perfect and then sell it as is. A little bondo, touch up paint, and sandpaper go a long way.

Back from a bike ride where it occurred to me that I too was disappointed with (what appears to be) uprated front brakes. I did not do any high energy braking for reasons explained above but what little braking I did left me surprised with the lack of initial grip followed by the feeling that the pads were gliding across the rotor surface.

I've felt this before with green brakes that needed bedding. Race teams send their rotors and pads out to a brake dyno to have both components properly bedded in a controlled repeatable environment. They do not want to use precious track time to do this and simply do not trust professional drivers to do it correctly consistently.

These are obsolete Brembo rotors purchased from a team that had moved to Performance Friction. Note that they all look used inclusive of heat sensitive paint which has reacted. They are new, just bedded and ready for track use.

I normally do both mine and my wife's S' when we take delivery as they always feel a bit green. The Plaid's are VERY green and, if you tried any high energy braking before bedding, you would certainly glaze the rotors and pads which dramatically reduces braking performance. Tesla rotors readily surface corrode with just a little water. If this is still the case with glazing, this might give people a chance to recover. If not, we used to have to take the rotors and pads off, clean to bare metal and fresh pad with an abrasive wheel then re-try to properly bed them.

I've typically turned off re-gen to bed S pads in the past. It will be interesting to try and do it accounting for re-gen this time around as there is no way to turn it off. Another forum member has pointed out some differences in the rear calipers. If Tesla is doing something with torque vectoring under braking to increase stability it may be even more difficult trying to get the right amount of heat/energy into the fronts and the rears without overdoing either.

Fun stuff to keep a nerd busy.

All off topic. This has been my home for the last 8 weeks but I am happy to move this stuff to another thread.

edit
Brake Dyno

Essex really knows their stuff when it comes to brake dyno and pad bedding services
Please keep doing it here. You are making the rest fo us very, very jealous. Sad for me because you're so close to where mine will be if ever I actually get it.

Why are there two different 19” tire options? There is no way to specify summer/all seasons in the vehicle configurator.

Is Tesla assigning these based on delivery region? That seems like an incredibly needless manufacturing complication.
My SA in Minnesota (I live in Wisconsin) confirmed I will be getting 19” all season tires. If I get summer tires I’m gonna be pissed! I’ll order 21” aftermarket rims with summer tires when I get the car.

I really wish Tesla still offered this true Silver color. The current MSM offering doesn’t look anything like silver. The SM in MSM should be GM ‘Gray Metallic’

It’s really more dolphin blue in some lights. I cannot stand the MSM, - makes me insane… And yes, having the word “silver” in there makes zero sense to me.

Today is 1 month of blank for me 🥱

Attachments

• B748FFA2-DBCC-46F7-8721-1B03F2BBE017.png
    B748FFA2-DBCC-46F7-8721-1B03F2BBE017.png
    651 KB · Views: 96
Question to those of you that are trading in cars or selling your current 2018 MS D100. Do you think it is worth my getting this dent repaired be for sell it or just sell it for less? I openedView attachment 688013 the door on my son's bike last year. The dent is right on the bend. Thanks for your opinions.
get dent wizard or a dent removal company easy fix

It’s really more dolphin blue in some lights. I cannot stand the MSM, - makes me insane… And yes, having the word “silver” in there makes zero sense to me.
Agree, and I’m not happy having to spend $5k+ on a wrap to get my silver car to actually look silver. Need to get my bank account ready for some spending:
$5k-$7k for wrap
$6k for 20” wheels/tires
$2k-$4k possibly upgrade brakes
$1k+ for ceramic tint
Probably missed something

My SA in Minnesota (I live in Wisconsin) confirmed I will be getting 19” all season tires. If I get summer tires I’m gonna be pissed! I’ll order 21” aftermarket rims with summer tires when I get the car.
I’m not sure how the roads are where you live because the roads are a bit nasty here with pot holes.
I’d love to get 21s but I won’t do it due to the 295-30-21 rear tire. At least with 20s, I can go with a ***-35-20 rear tire which should help a little.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yes this forum digresses…a lot. But that’s why it’s awesome. I appreciate all I’ve learned here, like @lolachampcar’s technical review of the braking and handling, and recommendations for PPF etc.

So I’m going off topic once more if this is helpful for someone: design specs show the interior seating was moved forward to make more space for rear passengers. Really noticed that extra space this morning when I laid down the back seats and got my surfboard in easily. My 4Runner is sad - he has to stay home while Contessa and I play today. View attachment 687997
@Hayseed_MS look familiar?

I am still showing a EDD of July this morning. Unless the car is already on its way to South Florida I don't see any chance of receiving the car by the end of this week. And, I would think if the car was already on its way I would have received a VIN by now - which I have not. I am expecting my EDD to go blank or to August any moment now.
Can’t believe you have a 19” order showing July. Makes my 1/1/21 order seem somewhat hopeful to get this year!!

I really wish Tesla still offered this true Silver color. The current MSM offering doesn’t look anything like silver. The SM in MSM should be GM ‘Gray Metallic’
The Gun Metal Gray on my GT-R was my favorite all time color. I wish the S had that option. So for our MSM, the darker the better. Silver it indeed is not.