Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a related note, these rims/tires HAVE to go! After 100k miles on my PD with lighter wheels and tires I was badly taken aback by the dead thud of the corners as they tried to react to the road. The stock 21s dramatically slow transitions as well which leads me to believe they will hurt recovery at the limit. I know I'm going to get murdered for saying this but I'm going down on rubber as well. The last couple percent of straight line acceleration is nothing to me in comparison with every day responsiveness and ride/handling qualities. I've got 255 PS4s on my PD and will likely go 10" and 265s all the way around on the Plaid. I know, it is sacrilegious but I'm weird this way. In a related note, there is a ton more tire noise coming through the suspension on the Plaid which tells me they have removed even more rubber from the suspension. I'll have the wheels off soon and will post pictures of what Tesla has done. I'm especially interested in rear camber adjustment :)
I also want to understand how they managed to fill the wheel arches with tire in low. I did that with lowering links on my PD which lowered the CoG. Part of what I am feeling may be the Plaid having a higher CoG in low mode and Tesla just moved the wheel arches to have the tires better fill them.
Spot on! The proper balance between straight-line acceleration and handling is essential, especially on the track.
Let us know what you find out with respect to the suspension changes and CoG on the Plaid... thanks for sharing!
If memory serves... you have some serious suspension setup experience on various race cars. Lola/Porsche? ;)

Last edited:
265/35 ZR 21 on my car as delivered
Full tire and wheel specs listed below.

1627228927404.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yes this forum digresses…a lot. But that’s why it’s awesome. I appreciate all I’ve learned here, like @lolachampcar’s technical review of the braking and handling, and recommendations for PPF etc.

So I’m going off topic once more if this is helpful for someone: design specs show the interior seating was moved forward to make more space for rear passengers. Really noticed that extra space this morning when I laid down the back seats and got my surfboard in easily. My 4Runner is sad - he has to stay home while Contessa and I play today. View attachment 687997
Nice! How long is your surfboard? 7’ something?

Question to those of you that are trading in cars or selling your current 2018 MS D100. Do you think it is worth my getting this dent repaired be for sell it or just sell it for less? I opened
IMG_0353.jpg
the door on my son's bike last year. The dent is right on the bend. Thanks for your opinions.

Question to those of you that are trading in cars or selling your current 2018 MS D100. Do you think it is worth my getting this dent repaired be for sell it or just sell it for less? I openedView attachment 688013 the door on my son's bike last year. The dent is right on the bend. Thanks for your opinions.
I would try using the paintless dent removal process first... body creases are difficult to fix. Good luck!

Yes this forum digresses…a lot. But that’s why it’s awesome. I appreciate all I’ve learned here, like @lolachampcar’s technical review of the braking and handling, and recommendations for PPF etc.

So I’m going off topic once more if this is helpful for someone: design specs show the interior seating was moved forward to make more space for rear passengers. Really noticed that extra space this morning when I laid down the back seats and got my surfboard in easily. My 4Runner is sad - he has to stay home while Contessa and I play today. View attachment 687997
So you CAN fit dead bodies in the refresh. Nice!

For folks on VA: just to confirm: Due to VA law, there is zero benefit in a virginia tesla buyer using the tesla referral code of another virginia tesla owner. Is that correct? Better to (for example) have the buyer who is in va, use the referral code of a maryland tesla owner?
Yes this is true. If you are in VA and referred someone else in VA nobody gets anything. However, if the person was in Maryland, the MD person would get the 1000 miles of SC credit and the VA person would still get nothing. I use to live in VA and before the rule was noticed we had about 12k in free SC miles and those were all taken away overnight after it became known tesla was giving that way.

For folks on VA: just to confirm: Due to VA law, there is zero benefit in a virginia tesla buyer using the tesla referral code of another virginia tesla owner. Is that correct? Better to (for example) have the buyer who is in va, use the referral code of a maryland tesla owner?
For the 1000 supercharger miles?

So you CAN fit dead bodies in the refresh. Nice!
Any “specific” dead bodies or just in general? 😅😅
Yes this is true. If you are in VA and referred someone else in VA nobody gets anything. However, if the person was in Maryland, the MD person would get the 1000 miles of SC credit and the VA person would still get nothing. I use to live in VA and before the rule was noticed we had about 12k in free SC miles and those were all taken away overnight after it became known tesla was giving that way.
What rule is that? I don’t live there but have some certain type of feelings for commonwealths and it’s one.

Question to those of you that are trading in cars or selling your current 2018 MS D100. Do you think it is worth my getting this dent repaired be for sell it or just sell it for less? I openedView attachment 688013 the door on my son's bike last year. The dent is right on the bend. Thanks for your opinions.

I really wish Tesla still offered this true Silver color. The current MSM offering doesn’t look anything like silver. The SM in MSM should be GM ‘Gray Metallic’