Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You, and many other people on this thread are experiencing the pros and cons of a company that can directly control their products and prices.

The other alternative, every other legacy auto maker, is what's happening with the Mach-E with Ford, where the damn dealers can't even update the car without bricking it! And then once they brick it, they have to wait for Big Lethargic Committee-Run corporation to get their *sugar* together, to MAYBE fix it. Ford promised OTA updates! OTA updates are NOT when you have to take your vehicle in to the dealership, and when they can't handle the most basic stuff. Talk about a bait-and-switch! And THEN, how about reports of the Mach-E overheating from regen! WTF!

It's unfortunate that Tesla is so backlogged, that they can't focus on the small things and details, but once they ramp Texas and Berlin, they will have more time for these things.
Honestly it has nothing to do with being backlogged. And there's plenty of competition. Sure not in the EV space, but there's a ton of cars out there that would make me happy.

The biggest issue is communication. Finding out from a different product on the website that has a earlier delivery date (i.e. Plaid) a saying that white interiors won't ship till Sept. SA that doesn't ever respond timely, and when they do it's useless.

Tesla from the beginning I've said, just needs to be honest with their customers. Delays are fine. Lack of information is bad. It's not helping their stock either keeping people in the dark. Earnings call yeilded a negative for me today.

Sure their product is fun. But I'm getting to the end of my rope. But then again someone will just come up behind me anyways. Tesla has a higher demand than supply. They don't have to care.

You, and many other people on this thread are experiencing the pros and cons of a company that can directly control their products and prices.

The other alternative, every other legacy auto maker, is what's happening with the Mach-E with Ford, where the damn dealers can't even update the car without bricking it! And then once they brick it, they have to wait for Big Lethargic Committee-Run corporation to get their *sugar* together, to MAYBE fix it. Ford promised OTA updates! OTA updates are NOT when you have to take your vehicle in to the dealership, and when they can't handle the most basic stuff. Talk about a bait-and-switch! And THEN, how about reports of the Mach-E overheating from regen! WTF!

It's unfortunate that Tesla is so backlogged, that they can't focus on the small things and details, but once they ramp Texas and Berlin, they will have more time for these things.
You all are breaking him! Look what you have done to him.

Long Range : Feb - March for all configuration
Black 19/21 Sep-Oct
Black CF 19/21 Dec-Jan
White 19/21 Nov-Dec
White CF 19/21 Feb-March
Cream 19 Oct-Nov / 21 Sep-Oct
Cream CF 19/21 Dec-Jan

^ This is insane!! I worry for @sflgator and anyone who has a white interior with carbon fiber. Tesla needs to start updating everyone's existing order pages with real estimated deliveries rather than all these lies and BS. People would've bailed months ago had they known the truth.

How will this company get something as radically different as the Cybertruck out if they can't even get Model S figured out right now?

They won't.

^ This is insane!! I worry for @sflgator and anyone who has a white interior with carbon fiber. Tesla needs to start updating everyone's existing order pages with real estimated deliveries rather than all these lies and BS. People would've bailed months ago had they known the truth.

They won't.
Yea, if they told me 2022 when I ordered originally I would’ve just looked else where and not wasted my time sitting on an order that MIGHT show up one day.

They won't.
All of us Canadians Plaid orders are Carbon Fiber as we dont have the option. Whish me luck maybe i get the car by June 2022.

Straight up convenient that Tesla makes these changes the day after a quarterly phone call. Do not have to answer any questions for 90 days.
Well Elon did say he's not going to attend the earnings calls anymore. So there's that. He doesn't care about Tesla anymore.

Like seriously, if they can give legitimate info then I wouldn’t have ordered CF knowing it’s delayed (configurator then had nothing about CF or 19 delays). If something comes up along the way then keep me in the loop and let me switch to something that’s more obtainable. Why is this the most inconvenient and the least flexible shopping experience? It’s almost as if they’re trying to piss off all the current order holders to cancel so they can just pump out cars to the new order holders with the $10k mark up. Because the 1.1 BILLION profit last quarter wasn’t enough.

Well Elon did say he's not going to attend the earnings calls anymore. So there's that. He doesn't care about Tesla anymore.
I suspect that Elon's comment that he won't be at Tesla quarterly earnings call going forward is foreshadowing hiring either a President or COO. I took that as a positive. Lots of people know how to run heavy manufacturing and would be way better at this.

I suspect that Elon's comment that he won't be at Tesla quarterly earnings call going forward is foreshadowing hiring either a President or COO. I took that as a positive. Lots of people know how to run heavy manufacturing and would be way better at this.
But you know this not to be the case haha. But I agree. Hire someone that knows how to do this already. There's plenty of candidates. Get outta the way.