Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very few people are born with that level of skill.

Its November - December for Plaid white interiors so not an improvement after all.
This is what I can see for LR.

1627448749842.png

And Plaid is for September - October, same time notice for delays for White and CF interiors has been removed but estimate deliveries also pushed to the next year on the top of the page. ...
1627448887093.png

and White with CF:

1627448912828.png

I think this is officially saying we won't get our cars.

This seems like a good deal for anyone wanting a white Plaid. Barely above MSRP. I’m actually surprised they aren’t asking more. Anyone waiting for a White on Black should jump on this. $135,690 is the current price with destination. This dealer isn’t really making anything on this car.

Last edited:
This news is potentially very painful. My observation -

1) shipments are put on hold for week. We don’t know why, but speculate it can be fixed with software
2) The following week new shipments of Plaid are pushed out
3) LR is pushed out even further, apparently putting the focus on the more profitable Plaid
4) We’re not seeing signs of new production this week. It seems that we may be line down

My sense is that there is a serious problem, but they found a way to avoid a recall and continued to ship Plaids already made. But have halted production while they fix the issue. Which may include producing new parts before resuming production.

We also see significant signs of white/CF supply issues.

I’d love to switch out to Black/wood at this point, but if Tesla allowed it it would push planned orders around for other customers causing a chain reaction. So I guess I’m probably screwed until Q4 if I’m lucky. Q1 is a real possibility.

1) shipments are put on hold for week. We don’t know why, but speculate it can be fixed with software
3) LR is pushed out even further, apparently putting the focus on the more profitable Plaid
4) We’re not seeing signs of new production this week. It seems that we may be line down

My sense is that there is a serious problem, but they found a way to avoid a recall and continued to ship Plaids already made. But have halted production while they fix the issue. Which may include producing new parts before resuming production.

I’d love to switch out to Black/wood at this point, but if Tesla allowed it it would push planned orders around for other customers causing a chain reaction. So I guess I’m probably screwed until Q4 if I’m lucky. Q1 is a real possibility.
Is this information confirmed or has solid ground under it? Or just your thoughts?

Oh wow guys DragTimes is trying for the record again! Looks like it will the stock record also, as he said he wouldn't be gutting his Plaid!
Dragtimes spreads a lot of positivity in Tesla’s direction which is great..
But I’m sure he’d be frustrated like us if he was still waiting with blank EDD.

I suspect that Elon's comment that he won't be at Tesla quarterly earnings call going forward is foreshadowing hiring either a President or COO. I took that as a positive. Lots of people know how to run heavy manufacturing and would be way better at this.
For better or worse, the cars my wife and I have been driving for the past 8 years are the direct result of Elon and his vision. The business ethics suck but I will obviously, given my vote by wallet, put up with a 3-5% dirtbag tax to gain access to such technology and approach to driving. This is personal and apart from the whole "save the world" mission they jack all the SAs up on.

I really feel for each and every one of you awaiting your car. It may be true that the product is worth the wait but that does not make the wait one little bit better. May you all get ViNs ASAP.

I don’t even want to talk about the track pack that’s coming in two weeks
Oh, much sooner than that my friend. Got a note into Brembo to nail down rotor specs and pad part numbers. Two piece rotors will follow soon after along with some pads with better initial bite. Wheels coming as well; I just need the new BT TPMS from Tesla before they can mount the tires. It's happening.

Last edited:

I wondered if the "no reason" hold on deliveries might have something to do with these production delays but did not want to throw very cold water on things. I fear you are correct.

Dragtimes spreads a lot of positivity in Tesla’s direction which is great..
But I’m sure he’d be frustrated like us if he was still waiting with blank EDD.
The way you get your cars as an influencer is not by saying negative things. I know, that was a convoluted sentence. I was trying not to be negative. You know, channeling my inner 2021plaid.

They may be pushing out the new order delivery estimates because there’s tons of us emailing our SA’s daily trying to figure out where the F are cars are. They are probably hoping that will slow down the emails from new order customers in the coming months. Then if they deliver early it’s a win-win for the new customer and Tesla. Maybe??? 🤣