Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was almost grieved last night and configured porsche taycan and lucid.

Edd was july 29 - aug 05 yesterday and this morning I got VIN with estimated date july.

Hope delay doesn't affect to previous orders
You've discovered the secret! Tesla is monitoring our cookies. Off to configure a taycan, lucid, Rivian, and anything else I can think of...

Edd was july 29 - aug 05 yesterday and this morning I got VIN with estimated date july.

I hate you. 🤬

Seriously though, congrats.

This is so reassuring to see! Hopefully it’s a trend that existing orders will continue to be processed!

When I think of MS production, I get the mental image of a dog 🐕 arriving at the vet’s office and hunkering down as much as possible against the pull of necessity.

It’ll be worth it, but not enjoyable for any involved.

I love this thread overall, though I think we should retitle it "Model S Conjecture" - and in that vein...
Do we know anything yet about the outward push on the new configurations? is it shortages, retooling, something else?
do we know if it affects those who had estimated dates when they ordered or are all bets off?
I'm of two minds (at least):
1) If I still somehow, someway get my LR with 19's and white interior in September, that would be a good thing.
2) If I get that in the February-March time frame, well, the earth didn't stop spinning. That COULD mean revisions, hopefully improvements, bug fixes, etc. - so for my 3 year lease, I might get 36 months of "better' versus these improvements and I get say, 32 months of "better" and 4 months of "bugs" (ANC, XM? user interface, FSD updates, etc.)
I think it royally blows we can't get clear answers, and I haven't seen any ElonTweets of substance so unless someone has an inside source, all we can do is wait, or go elsewhere.
I was reading how the Mach e has a ton of problems (no OTA, overheating) and I think nothing is as mature a product as the Tesla.
I have ZERO interest or desire in a new ICE for me (getting two more for my kids, but if the M2 was out I'd probably be all over that for them)
So I find myself in the waiting game.
I'm sorry I read the forums last night to learn about what looks like a new round of delays or parts shortages.
I'm guessing the Tesla chip workaround has met it's limit.
Don't know why the issues with the 19" wheels or white interior, and may never know.
I will say, if I could get the car sooner with a cream interior and not get penalized I'd switch in a heart beat - it was a coin toss either way to me (though white looked a little nicer, and the SA said his is white and cleans right up)
I was really confident I'd get my LR by EOQ 3 but now? Not so much.
Oh well, end of questions and musing, for now...

Don’t even care about 21 orders getting VINs anymore. No offense but the 19 people are getting royally boned without even a chance to switch to 21s without paying an extra 14.5k
I agree. It's no longer that special to see Black interior w/o CF and 21" wheels getting VINs. I don't get how people who have black interior are still waiting though which sucks but honestly, the 19" crowd is getting screwed big time

Ug, well need a car definitely by November here so went ahead an plopped down an order on a Y now also, estimated November delivery for those right now. If that comes in, will likely just take that. Definitely a cheaper car overall but will meet my needs just fine. For what I was going to put down on the S, I'll practically pay off the Y so guess it is the responsible thing to do anyway. (but secretly hoping can still get the S in ~Oct if possible hehe).

Ug, well need a car definitely by November here so went ahead an plopped down an order on a Y now also, estimated November delivery for those right now. If that comes in, will likely just take that. Definitely a cheaper car overall but will meet my needs just fine. For what I was going to put down on the S, I'll practically pay off the Y so guess it is the responsible thing to do anyway. (but secretly hoping can still get the S in ~Oct if possible hehe).
funny, had the wife test a Y - tempted to order one, and use until my S comes in.

Here's the first draft. Have someone with a following who is willing to post on their Twitter. If interested in signing let me know.

Thanks to all the people who offered and sent messages of support.
is there a way to get something like this to the media, or have them try to snoop and probe?
as a consumer, I would say the estimated delivery dates are ESTIMATES and not promises nor guarantees - unless the company knew they could never meet those estimates - however when you order and it says estimated delivery, September to October - I think you have no recourse until October comes to a close - then if there's no end in site, I'd say you should be entitled to cancel the order and get your $100 back. In my case also a car charger.
However, the no communication part bites, and we're in the dark.
I'm not one who ordered in February and expected the car in March - those who did, and got rid of their cars in reliance, well, I'd be livid.
If I was a shareholder, I could bring a shareholder derivative suit against Musk - and that would force revealing why there were delays, etc.
Or, claim damages regarding lack of communication, misstatements, etc.
Tesla just posted over $1B in profits, so they're doing something right, but the WAY they're conducting business just seems foul.

Same, although, I dont want to order a Y now and in Q1 have them popping out with structural battery packs and 4680s. With Tesla, that could happen or that could happen *maybe* in 2023.

4680’s are a long way away in my opinion. Elon said during the Q2 call that they have backup plans for nonstructural battery packs using the existing cells. The Semi delay, the Q1 remark about safety, and the Plaid+ cancellation makes it all seem like 4680’s won’t be here until late 2022 or 2023.