Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feel any better about your delivery window? I know I'm glad I ordered my wife's LR when I did. I'd hate to be looking at next year (I know, I may be anyway).
I don’t have a delivery window. Both my MS and MY orders are blank so I can only assume they’re pushed to 2022 as unfulfilled orders along with the new orders.

Influencers say nice things because they get the vehicles. Up to this point Tesla did nothing but take my $100, lie to me, and waste my time. I would have to be insane to say nice things. I was all #teamTesla up until these shenanigans. Even got my lady to order one and she wanted a 4Runner. Now I feel guilty about screwing her into this nonsense and WOULD NOT recommend for anyone to place an order if they want/need a car soon.

Can someone summarize the last several pages? The website has pushed new orders out until much later. Have the existing orders been pushed out to match?

Lol, are you serious?

Did you just come on to THIS thread and ask a) to summarize the banter and b) if any of us actually know anything about our delivery dates?

You've been enjoying your new car so much, you have already forgotten the plight. 😌

The answer to both questions: we don't know anything.

Lol, are you serious?

Did you just come on to THIS thread and ask a) to summarize the banter and b) if any of us actually know anything about our delivery dates?

You've been enjoying your new car so much, you have already forgotten the plight. 😌

The answer to both questions: we don't know anything.
I was asking for a friend...

Hi All,

Well today was my Plaid delivery day! It was the culmination of a truly wild and completely unexpected journey that all started with an order in late January and the expectation that the Plaids would be rolling out shortly after. We all know how that story played out, so no need to beat a dead horse there. I'll just say that I truly appreciate the camaraderie that I found in this thread throughout this confusing and often disenchanting ride. I am thankful for this group who made the wait tolerable and far more enjoyable than if I would've gone it alone.

I'm happy to report that my delivery experience in Nashville was smooth and easy...well as easy as picking up a car 3.5 hours away can be. This is my second Tesla that I've picked up from this location and I find the staff here to be excellent. The irony of it all is that the brand new Knoxville Tesla service and delivery center just down the road from my house is about to start scheduling deliveries in the next "two weeks" or so. I never expected the timing of all that to be so close, especially since the Knoxville service center was officially announced by Elon in a tweet in December of 2018 and is just now getting up and running. Fun Fact: it is a converted former Sears Service Center. But I digress.

My car is everything I hoped it would be upon first inspection and impression. I don't have any great observations to offer at the moment, as I drove my (Tesla provided) rental car 3.5 hours there, took care of the paperwork, hopped in the Plaid and headed 4 hours directly back home in terrible I-40 traffic. I'll say that the sum of the exterior refresh work is very stunning in person. Also, I'm so glad I waited for the carbon fiber interior, it's what I truly wanted even though the promise of a faster delivery by switching to wood was tempting at the time. The interior is beautiful, functional and many levels above my old Model S in every comparable category. The Yoke is cool, I like it! I was a little worried about the turn signals, I don't mind those either. I had absolutely no opportunity to explore any performance capabilities, but there will be plenty of time for that soon. 😇

Thank you for reading my tome, I'll be working on some videos for my channel soon too. In the meantime here are a few pictures I took today. Oh and to those waiting, I hope it goes fast, it will be worth the wait.

View attachment 688987

View attachment 688988

View attachment 688989

View attachment 688990

Congrats! She looks awesome!

This is still so confusing to me how you have my exact config but ordered months after me. We are both in the center of the country and you got your VIN and took delivery before I did. I'm still stuck watching my estimated delivery dates be pushed back every single day, even with a VIN assigned. Tesla and my SA have no excuse for this and can't explain it. So much for the plaid+ conversions being on some sort of priority list. It's all BS. They've also held my interest free $1000 deposit since last Nov.

Congrats! She looks awesome!

This is still so confusing to me how you have my exact config but ordered months after me. We are both in the center of the country and you got your VIN and took delivery before I did. I'm still stuck watching my estimated delivery dates be pushed back every single day, even with a VIN assigned. Tesla and my SA have no excuse for this and can't explain it. So much for the plaid+ conversions being on some sort of priority list. It's all BS. They've also held my interest free $1000 deposit since last Nov.
All the influencers will keep fluffing how great Tesla cars are so any negative news about their horrendous customer service will fall through the cracks and people will continue to drop $100 non-refundable orders. Would love to see how much money the company profited from cancellations due to people needing a vehicle and getting something else after being stringed along for months with invalid truths.

I know one already, my sister, she ended up getting a BMW because she could not wait any longer for her MSLR (ordered in January). Her current car at that point was becoming a money pit with something going right after another, so waiting longer and longer after being promised March, etc by SA, became obvious it was all nonsense. Guess what, she still doesn’t have a VIN and if the car ever shows up, she’s going to have to decline it and let Tesla keep the non-refundable $$. I’m sure that she’s glad she didn’t waste her time waiting because it’s about to be August and the MSLR is no where to be found.

All a part of the plan 😔 I agree with the comment that Lucid and others willl have great customer service because they’re still small, but you’d think buying a first class upgrade at Tesla wouldn’t land you in the luggage hold.

Again, I understand delays and supply shortages and don’t mind accommodating them. But, don’t do these silent website updates and no communication for existing orders on how it affects them. Especially for folks who are blank!

B2AFD735-8B15-4E93-8472-C97CC1E335C5.jpeg

I was almost grieved last night and configured porsche taycan and lucid.

Edd was july 29 - aug 05 yesterday and this morning I got VIN with estimated date july.

Hope delay doesn't affect to previous orders

What was your date doing prior to today? Was it doing the daily minor change dance that a few of us are experiencing?