Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 2.14.02 PM.png

Well, I dug and dug through the "source code" on my Mac (Safari) just for $#its and giggles because apparently the entire Tesla-world is getting something on their EDD page today with the exception of me!! So out of boredom I messed with this and YEP, still no VIN, no nothing. As they say, "an idle mind is the devil's playground." WHERE'S MY CAR DEVIL, I mean ELON????

Tips for those who are buying Tesla with Tesla first time. I am one of you.

A bit of story. After selling my 2016 MX p100D back on 6/23/21 I have placed the order for Plaid.

I was promised to deliver a car by August which did not happen.

I was full of hope and was looking for a new bank with better terms which I have found and for some reason, they have pulled my credit report during opening a saving account with them which made a hard inquiry on me back on 7/19/21. Due to this, I've decided to get pre-approval which I got with no problems and days started counting back since pre-approval is good for 60 days.

On 7/30/21 I was told I would not get my car before October or even November. I can't wait that long for personal reasons.

On 7/31/21 a good member of this forum @BobbyRitz has posted info that his local Tesla showroom has Plaid that was unmatched with the customer. I was able to take it under my possession by matching it with my order. The only color of the interior was different, but I don't care anymore.

I have started to work with my bank immediately but due to slow Tesla workers was not able to complete everything back on 7/31.

Today I woke up at 5 AM and took my phone. Only 6 hours later and 58 calls between Bank-Tesla-Bank I was able to finish everything. Even the bank has decided to change a bit of term which is fine.

So the purpose of this post is - if you are waiting for your new Tesla and will do your own financing do not wait until the last day, Call your SAs non-stop. Ask them when car will be in your town and make sure to get pre-approval before Tesla will call you and tell "you have 3 days to accept the delivery". Now I don't have questions about why people are getting unmatched with their cars even if they have a good CH and so... Just think a step or two ahead of tesla.

This is my 2nd Tesla and 1st one I have purchased (I hope so hahaha< hope check will make it to dealer tomorrow) with Tesla. So far this is the most complicated and worst case of buying a new car. And this is my 15th car in 8 years already....

Just be ready to fight for your new Tesla )))

Hmmmmm, I got a number "26185xxx". So does this mean I should have hope? Or just continue to valiantly, yet hopelessly, check my account page daily? Things that make you go hmmmmm. On another note, WHERE'S MY CAR ELON????
I wish I knew what it meant--it might mean nothing at all or it might mean you're next in line! I think we'd need a significantly larger number of data points if we were to extract any meaningful pattern.

At this point I'm just grasping at anything remotely available to decipher when I might get this car. I've staring at a 1,000 mile road trip at the end of the month and would much rather do it in the Model S that's allegedly supposed to arrive in August.

Adding another data point here. I'm in the RN1147 group and my delivery estimate updated this morning to "August." My specs are LR Solid Black with all black interior and 19" wheels being delivered to western Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, I've also added FSD, but I can't see why something purely software would affect delivery times unless "revenue earned" is a prioritization factor.

The "Data.Registration" object within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 2826xxxx element, but no VIN listed. I'm not sure if these have any predictive power. If you're interested in getting that data point, you can do the following:
  • Open the console
    • Chrome: Command + Option + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Firefox: Command + Shift + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Safari: Option + Command + C
  • Type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId and press enter.
You'll either get a number or undefined, depending on whether the value is there. Would be curious where others who have recently updated delivery estimates land.

My number is: 23609714

Tips for those who are buying Tesla with Tesla first time. I am one of you.

A bit of story. After selling my 2016 MX p100D back on 6/23/21 I have placed the order for Plaid.

I was promised to deliver a car by August which did not happen.

I was full of hope and was looking for a new bank with better terms which I have found and for some reason, they have pulled my credit report during opening a saving account with them which made a hard inquiry on me back on 7/19/21. Due to this, I've decided to get pre-approval which I got with no problems and days started counting back since pre-approval is good for 60 days.

On 7/30/21 I was told I would not get my car before October or even November. I can't wait that long for personal reasons.

On 7/31/21 a good member of this forum @BobbyRitz has posted info that his local Tesla showroom has Plaid that was unmatched with the customer. I was able to take it under my possession by matching it with my order. The only color of the interior was different, but I don't care anymore.

I have started to work with my bank immediately but due to slow Tesla workers was not able to complete everything back on 7/31.

Today I woke up at 5 AM and took my phone. Only 6 hours later and 58 calls between Bank-Tesla-Bank I was able to finish everything. Even the bank has decided to change a bit of term which is fine.

So the purpose of this post is - if you are waiting for your new Tesla and will do your own financing do not wait until the last day, Call your SAs non-stop. Ask them when car will be in your town and make sure to get pre-approval before Tesla will call you and tell "you have 3 days to accept the delivery". Now I don't have questions about why people are getting unmatched with their cars even if they have a good CH and so... Just think a step or two ahead of tesla.

This is my 2nd Tesla and 1st one I have purchased (I hope so hahaha< hope check will make it to dealer tomorrow) with Tesla. So far this is the most complicated and worst case of buying a new car. And this is my 15th car in 8 years already....

Just be ready to fight for your new Tesla )))
That's crazy!! But good to know!! I was gonna wait and finish financing as soon as I got a "delivery date" but I may have to work that a bit sooner. One problem though, I work week on (8 days usually) and week off, and if they call me during work it's not like I can just up and go!! I hope their call to "pick up within 3 days" has some flexibility because if they give away my car after going through ALL THIS for the past several months, just to have them take it away because I have to work, I would be pisseddddddddddd. lol.

Got mine last night. Pics definitely didn’t convey how much more aggressive it is. Having it next to my 2020 performance it’s a pretty stark difference.

Wanted cf trim but the ebony is actually really nice.

Won’t drive it until I can get it into get ppf done.

That said. How many of you who’ve taken delivery ppf’ the entire car?

Generally I only do the front + mirrors, and sometimes rockers. But seeing the plaid in person I can say the rear section of the back doors(in front of Tesla’s ppf) is going to get blasted, badly. Almost leaning towards doing the whole car.

Got mine last night. Pics definitely didn’t convey how much more aggressive it is. Having it next to my 2020 performance it’s a pretty stark difference.

Wanted cf trim but the ebony is actually really nice.

Won’t drive it until I can get it into get ppf done.

That said. How many of you who’ve taken delivery ppf’ the entire car?

Generally I only do the front + mirrors, and sometimes rockers. But seeing the plaid in person I can say the rear section of the back doors(in front of Tesla’s ppf) is going to get blasted, badly. Almost leaning towards doing the whole car.

I can tell you you'll just end up with blasted PPF. These cars need mudflaps desperately. Congrats on the new car!

Silly question, but does the car have a way to account for different tire sizes? In other words, is there somewhere to enter your tire size into the system for those of us that decide to go to different wheel and tire combos?
I think you can change between the standard wheels that Tesla offers (19s to 21s, 21s to 19s) and it is used to factor in the range and estimated range. Know you could with my now sold Raven Model S LR. Do not believe you could enter something custom - like 20s or 18s or something.

Refresh owners-
My left front forward inner wheel liner kept poking back past the fender lip every time the breeze got over about 100 mph (you know, we have hurricanes down here). I had the tires off this weekend and noticed there were no clips holding the liner to the chassis. I went down to the SC and, when asked which clips they were, I walked over to a MLR being prep'd (gorgeous white/cream/wood on 21s at WPB for some lucky owner) and tried to show the service rep what was missing on my car. Well, they were missing on that one too. They are push snaps and they are in place on the right side of both the white car and mine but missing front left. Please check your cars.
It took me two minutes to install these with the tires on the car.
View attachment 691139
Did they give you these clips. Good find!

Adding another data point here. I'm in the RN1147 group and my delivery estimate updated this morning to "August." My specs are LR Solid Black with all black interior and 19" wheels being delivered to western Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, I've also added FSD, but I can't see why something purely software would affect delivery times unless "revenue earned" is a prioritization factor.

The "Data.Registration" object within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 2826xxxx element, but no VIN listed. I'm not sure if these have any predictive power. If you're interested in getting that data point, you can do the following:
  • Open the console
    • Chrome: Command + Option + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Firefox: Command + Shift + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Safari: Option + Command + C
  • Type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId and press enter.
You'll either get a number or undefined, depending on whether the value is there. Would be curious where others who have recently updated delivery estimates land.
26012***

That's crazy!! But good to know!! I was gonna wait and finish financing as soon as I got a "delivery date" but I may have to work that a bit sooner. One problem though, I work week on (8 days usually) and week off, and if they call me during work it's not like I can just up and go!! I hope their call to "pick up within 3 days" has some flexibility because if they give away my car after going through ALL THIS for the past several months, just to have them take it away because I have to work, I would be pisseddddddddddd. lol.
Waiting until they will give you 3 days time frame to accept delivery is not a good thing at this point I think.

Someone mentioned San Francisco credit union. They are offering 1% off the published rates for EV, so 1.74 49-60 mo, 2.24% 60-72 mo.....

Don't need to live in sf to get membership,they partner with another org so anyone can become a member effectively.
Yep, that was me. Locked at 1.24% rate over 48 months. Expires mid-August. With a blank date still on my account, that's cutting it close.. c'mon Tesla!!