Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it was a great 2 days while it lasted. From August to BLANK. Damn you Tesla!!!

Ontario Canada -> White / White / CF / 21" -> August / blank / August / now blank

August back to blank 😡

Back to blank again. Had august for a few days. 😵‍💫
August to blank here as well. It seems like it's a mass blank EDD for every one of us.

I don't mind waiting to October or even December, but Tesla should give us some info on what is actually going on. Been there 3 years ago for my Model3, same *sugar*. For the 3 at least there was production hell and delivery hell, but for the S I don't know what is going on. I'll enjoy my 3 for now but I am NOT impressed by Tesla's progress on deliveries or communication with customers over the last 3 years.

I'm also checking for alternatives now. What ICE vehicle I could buy should I give up on Tesla? I'm sure I'm not alone.

The rep is wrong; it's glued on (after you remove the front part that has a few funny bolts to attach to the rear portion). Multiple videos online to show you how to remove...usually with a heat gun to soften the glue.
It’s not glued on. It’s 3M double-sided stick tape. Use a heat gun and peel it off slowly.

For those getting the fear of delivery dates and 19” wheels and not wanting to hold on any longer…can you wait until the end of September? If not, the decision to bail would make sense. If so, then you’ve already waited this long and September is only weeks away. The end of quarter push from Tesla churns out 3-4X more cars than usual and you have a strong chance of getting your cars then despite whatever SAs and EDDs say now.

That was going to be my breaking point. End of September, or I would switch to some other fall EVs.

Hoping we see our first 19” this month! But, even if we don’t, September will be a big month!
Easy to say when you’re picking your car up TOMORROW 😜

Just called Tesla and got what was clearly a canned corporate response immediately: you'll be waiting till December-February for your car. RN1150 placed late May. Last week the timeline was September.

Well, I think that - if true - that's that for the Model S for me. I want to take advantage of great used car prices and move on from my Model 3 which is a great car but not relevant to my needs anymore...
I'm in the exact same boat and one of the big reasons I am interested in this upgrade after buying 2020 model S last year is the used cars prices and if I can't take advantage of that I'd be really pissed. I see the housing market slowing down now but the used car prices are still holding up. I just hope it stays that way for the next two months 🤞

August to blank here as well. It seems like it's a mass blank EDD for every one of us.

I don't mind waiting to October or even December, but Tesla should give us some info on what is actually going on. Been there 3 years ago for my Model3, same *sugar*. For the 3 at least there was production hell and delivery hell, but for the S I don't know what is going on. I'll enjoy my 3 for now but I am NOT impressed by Tesla's progress on deliveries or communication with customers over the last 3 years.

You said it. Especially when people are paying so much for these vehicles. Just put a small team in charge that’s responsible for giving waiting customers weekly updates.

Was worried about you @2021plaid
Awwwww so sweet! 🤣

58197152.jpg

Tesla Plaid Channel's 1/4 mile Plaid video is out!

This is exactly what I’ve been thinking was going to happen to Plaids on the track. He will need to put in a roll cage and a parachute in order to not get kicked off the track. The track is the only place that you would be able to legally unleash the potential of the plaid and this makes it very difficult.

I’m sure glad I saved 50K and ordered a long range!

Actually, you are not putting anything on the wall. Just plug in mobile charger, hook up the 14-50 adapter at the business end of the charger and you are good to go! Having said that, all personal preference and if you have endless supply of $$, then why not!
The purpose of my question was to find out if there are any technical benefits of a wall charger over a mobile charger, which currently charges 20 mph for me. Aesthetically, the wall charger does look cool!
This might help: Charging Your Tesla At Home | Electric Moose